Tonari no Seki no Satou-san - Vol. 3 Ch. 17 - Satou-san's Confession

Double-page supporter
@ThePaulBunyanTrophy

The image was loading slowly because at the moment I have a bad connection so I was expecting a massive spoiler and instead I was surprised to see an old friend ... I hated him but he was still a friend

Group Leader
Confessing to someone on the rebound is one of the most inconsiderate things someone can do. Almost as inconsiderate as not showing up for a long-distance date. He should not have taken advantage of her when she was the most vulnerable. What a jerk.

Dex-chan lover
@FredFriendly but you gotta consider both sides, for our protag here felt like he needed to help her. By comforting her, it was good for the time being, although like you said, you should probably wait for time to pass before confessing. But if you think about it, that was the right time, because the protag probably thinks that asking her out now would make the situation better.

Group Leader
@EnderWin
But if you think about it, that was the right time, because the protag probably thinks that asking her out now would make the situation better.

Better for him. He certainly was not thinking of her and what kind of emotional turmoil his confession could have on her. His confession was solely to appease himself. It was an extraordinarily selfish thing to do when someone he supposedly is in love with is at her most vulnerable. He really creeps me out.

Fed-Kun's army
@HajimeteNHK

Haha, reduced the image size and found a slightly better representation. But what you said was pretty funny because I can see Satou-san talking to an AI like that.

this was a pretty solid confession, I liked this quite a lot.
time to re read this manga ^^

Dex-chan lover
It might not have been the best time for a confession, but with the way she was putting herself down and trying to put him on a pedestal, she needed to be told something like that to help reset her self esteem.

Dex-chan lover
He’s a dumb kid who is feeling love for the first time so that explains why he would express he likes her. Love should be irrational, it always arrives at the wrong time. We can just narrate it after the fact as “perfect timing” but at the moment of expression, love always runs the risk of being “bad timing.” Is it really love you’re feeling if you know the outcome, and how the other person will respond beforehand?

Dex-chan lover
@FredFriendly Bah. He's in love with her, has been for a while. She was going on and on about how she's a miserable person, how nobody should love her, and her unknown email exchange partner also must be just pitying her. He simply couldn't keep listening to it, seeing how he considers her a good girl worthy of loving. Earlier in the chapter I got a feeling he wouldn't confess in this chapter, not so soon after what she went through, but when she kept badmouthing herself, I thought he needs to do it now. Who knows what she might otherwise do to herself. He needed to let her know she's just fine. This was most certainly the most effective way of doing it, especially since it was honest, not some empty platitudes.

In addition to that, she also needs to forget the unknown person as soon as possible, for her own good. This, if anything, ought to help her do it.

You know, romantic love is always half selfish. If his timing was selfish, then it was. Can't be helped.

Users who are viewing this thread