Tonari no Seki no Satou-san - Vol. 3 Ch. 17 - Satou-san's Confession

Fed-Kun's army
@Purplelibraryguy I'll add some more to this discussion.

It wasn't only the right time to do this confession, it also hit me hard that he was as honest as possible with his confession. Yes, he was selfish... and for God's sake, love IS the most selfish thing in the entire universe, because it is the most irrational, deep and intimate feeling possible! And he was completely honest about it. There is a huge difference between being selfish for yourself and being selfish for the sake of someone you love, and right here it was obviously the latter, though, a certain person in this thread being stubborn about that it was the former (I don't understand how someone can even misunderstand it like this). Satou basically outright told him within this whole scene (of course, not aloud): "I'm miserable, I'm an insecure and frail girl without any self-confidence, despite all that, will you still love me?". And he answered exactly that question with a huge YES, admitting openly that he is obviously not the good person Satou thinks about. It gave me a very strong reminiscence about Tomoya's confession to Nagisa in Clannad, and this really is what you can call true feelings.

Dex-chan lover
@ThePaulBunyanTrophy Speaking as a fellow old long-married guy, well said.
@shubh68 FredFriendly is grumpy about a lot of manga/toons. He basically seems to mostly read them to get upset at them. So IMO you can basically just let it slide.
@SilverChaika Yup, yup. Actually, the emphasis on his selfishness also made another important point: "No, I'm not doing you a favour. That means when I say I love you, care about you, that means this is me wanting you, not feeling sorry for you. This is about you being the object of romantic desire due to inherent good things about you, not about you being some kind of unworthy charity case."

Dex-chan lover
Now that's what a confession should be, emotionally honest and direct.

@shubh68 Ah I see. I didn't read every long comments here. If he/she really hate this series that much, why would he/she bother continue to read this manga 🤔🤔

Dex-chan lover
@stillmen yeah, that's the question, why he/she read it even though he/she hate it? What a weird person.. 😂😂

Dex-chan lover
jojo.jpg

now for the dating phase

My pancreas must not be functioning properly.
It seems that I'm in dire need of insulin

Just read some of the comments and as a girl who has never been confessed to I think that was the perfect moment to confess.
Yeah, she's vulnerable but that's only because she doesn't think she's worth it.
It's good that he's boosting her confidence.
I support healthy relationships

Fed-Kun's army
I think if a work evokes a strong response in a reader, enough that he wants to comment on it, positively or not, then I think it's a good thing. Provocation is a writer's prerogative in any creative work, and discussion is its healthy offspring.

Dex-chan lover
@EnderWin

Better for him. He certainly was not thinking of her and what kind of emotional turmoil his confession could have on her. His confession was solely to appease himself. It was an extraordinarily selfish thing to do when someone he supposedly is in love with is at her most vulnerable. He really creeps me out.
You serious?
He is not some saint. He is just an ordinary boy in love. He is also a person as much as she is. Does his feelings not matter only that of the girl's matter?
I'd say he is a chad for making the move at the right time. It's not like he is taking advantage of her either as he is genuinely in love with her.

Users who are viewing this thread