Tonari no Seki no Satou-san - Vol. 3 Ch. 17 - Satou-san's Confession

People in the comments really expect kids to act like perfect moral adults. She fell in love with someone she doesn't even know at all (I mean, she also explained the nature of said crush, but she still believed in the possibility of having a romantic relationship with this mysterious person) and he confessed at the "wrong time" but at the end it tuned out well, he managed to confess his feelings and she got some emotional boost.

I was so close to dropping this last but it seems theres actual romance forming (bit more that forming tbf) between the two which is nice as i was so afrade it was gunna go down an almost NTR root

Fed-Kun's army
cover4.jpg

Dex-chan lover
I like how she's like "Wtf is he talking about" when he imply that he cares for her, saying "I never do anything to people that I don't care about"

Dex-chan lover
@FredFriendly But at the same time you gotta understand that the characters do not look at the story in our perspective. Meaning Satou-san's emotion is a complete mystery from him. He is simply doing what he thinks he can do to make the situation better, it is not a complete improvement however as you said. He's simply doing all he think he can.

Why some people don't like their love story (confession part) ? I found this chapter very wholesome tbh.

And don't forget to protect her smile
b9177ed813de53c3f4418b1eb679ee7eac9edc07a7cc0092c11de798369b161e.png

Dex-chan lover
Y'know how when Grunkle Stan couldn't find the remote & binge watched "The Dutchess Approves"?
Yeah that's how I felt reading this, I didn't know what I was getting into but got invested.
Here's a link what I'm talking about: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kG8kBsHTGuE

Fed-Kun's army
I'll just say that a relationship isn't a game to be cleared. You're not shooting for 100% clear. A relationship that limps to a start is better than a relationship that never gets off because you never started. This is because the starting of a relationship is not the end game. It's a start. You have all the rest of the relationship to make it better. Not make it great, but better. Because it can always get better, and that should be your goal. I've been married 20 years (yeah, I'm old) and this is an advice that I constantly have to give myself because I fall short of it all the time. But I keep trying because I love her, and she lets me because she loves me.

A short, general rule: Don't worry about how it looks to others. Think about what he/she would like. Because sometimes when we agonize about how to make it perfect, we worry needlessly about how it might look to people around us.

@stillmen
Why some people don't like their love story (confession part) ? I found this chapter very wholesome tbh.

And don't forget to protect her smile
Actually, almost everyone likes the confession!! He was 100% honest with his feelings and conveyed to the girl that she shouldn't look down on herself.

It's just 1 guy FredFriendly which has made 5-6 posts saying -- poor timing, bad confession, selfish confession, this guy is bad, just die, etc... He/She has been a vocal critic since the start of manga saying the MC looks down on the girl etc.. Come on, that's just an internal monologue where he is debating with himself, maybe he was looking down or maybe he was just in denial about his feelings. He never hurt her with actual words or actions. That's what should count.

Dex-chan lover
@lolipedofin
Didn't notice that, heh, although it wouldn't be much of a help anyway. I don't know the way to get manga title/id/URL from image URL, if there is any. Not sure what does the bold part refers to.
https://mangadex.org/data/f6dda003db3292ab87900003f84b7034/x16.jpg

Thanks for the source, though.

Users who are viewing this thread