Tonari no Seki no Yankee Shimizu-san ga Kami o Kuroku Sometekita - Vol. 1 Ch. 1

I read a bunch of generic romcoms but something about the interactions and dialogue here is just off. I'll probably give it a couple more chapters but this is not good imo.

Dex-chan lover
I HATE JAPANESE SPINELESS MC
Eh he's talking to the girl who everyone is afraid of. He's the very opposite of spineless. Like how Cromartie would put it, "a mouse in a lion's den", although there's only one lion.

He even admitted to lewdly staring at her tits (to make her feel better). Lil bro might be secretly a chad.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Awww~
Young love. It's so sweet and innocent I am an absolute sucker for it.

Dex-chan lover
If she is indeed a natural blonde it is very f**ked up to ask someone against their will to dye their natural hair color, in my opinion... also, yeah people change their appearance sometimes to appeal their love interest but I think it would be more meaningful if he liked her blonde natural hair color or if her natural color was black and he told her that he preferred more her natural hair color and that's why she changes it back but japan has very strict and stereotypical beauty standards and this is clearly targeted to them even if they have to impose them on other people because pretty much they expect them... even if they don't come in a natural way...
And with what I can tell with the sinopsis, this pretty much will be her changing every bit of her personality and appearance just to appeal the wimpy boi... this is pretty much what teenage boys in japan expect, zero effort and everything handed to them, no wonder they have birth rate issues

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
If she is indeed a natural blonde it is very f**ked up to ask someone against their will to dye their natural hair color, in my opinion... also, yeah people change their appearance sometimes to appeal their love interest but I think it would be more meaningful if he liked her blonde natural hair color or if her natural color was black and he told her that he preferred more her natural hair color and that's why she changes it back but japan has very strict and stereotypical beauty standards and this is clearly targeted to them even if they have to impose them on other people because pretty much they expect them... even if they don't come in a natural way...
And with what I can tell with the sinopsis, this pretty much will be her changing every bit of her personality and appearance just to appeal the wimpy boi... this is pretty much what teenage boys in japan expect, zero effort and everything handed to them, no wonder they have birth rate issues
That why I like the MC in Nanjou-san wa Boku ni Dakaretai. He tells the girl he likes traditional looks and she dies her hair black for him. He tells her to be herself after hearing her story from her stylist. So she dyes it back to blonde.

Dex-chan lover
Thanks for the chapter!
This is kinda cute and all, but this sure has 'Japanese beauty standards' written all over it, eh?
"Oh boy, I sure would only go out with a girl which is quiet, demure and has long, straight black hair! That's the Japanese man's dream wife!"
Idk, comes across like that a bit. Probably reading into it too much?
I noticed that too, like there's almost a pride to it. I suppose there's got to be folks out there that are steadfast and proud about what they look for in potential partners.

Dex-chan lover
Black hole mc detected, series droped inmediatly. Even if the FL is cute and all, cant really deal anymore with dense MLs, a shame, even the drawing was cute

Supporter
His classmate Exposition-kun was a bit on the nose, but still cute once the ball got rolling.

Thanks for the chapter!
This is kinda cute and all, but this sure has 'Japanese beauty standards' written all over it, eh?
"Oh boy, I sure would only go out with a girl which is quiet, demure and has long, straight black hair! That's the Japanese man's dream wife!"
Idk, comes across like that a bit. Probably reading into it too much?
Because the author want to convinced stereotype of japanese as clear as possible lol, like how they draw American dad as fat Middle aged person or American bully always blonde and wear jersey all the times 😂

Supporter
There are certainly things she's happy to change to (finally) get his attention, things that include changes she originally made to get his attention in the first place, but there are a number of things she wants him to notice about her that are fundamental to do she is and wouldn't change in the first place. Even if her sister insists it would help.

Users who are viewing this thread