Tondemo Skill de Isekai Hourou Meshi - Vol. 6 Ch. 31 - What a Nice Bath

I'm not an expert but a few things have me confused:
1. spending money on a hot water stirrer? Sui can literally control water or you can use a stick ???
2. using a high quality piece of meat for stew is a waste
3. other than obvious carnivore meat would taste a lot different than herbivore meat, just the fact that a wyvern would be a predator means that they wouldn't be very fatty and definitely not have fatty meat like a wagyu cow which is stood around a field all day and fed a special diet

Dex-chan lover
@srjoao
maybe he went to get laid. there's pretty much nothing except ancient dragons that can give him trouble

@vessalius
it's magic dude, just roll with it. of course it isn't like the meat of an animal raised specifically for consumption

@CapableCivet Indeed I forgot to add that being a carnivore will drastically reduce the fat content of Wyvern meat. Additionally, being that a Wyvern flies (I do not recall the average wyvern being a grounded animal), excess fat is completely and wholly unnecessary. Thus, we can assume that the average Wyvern meat should typically be lean.

@nobaka @Kayriel While I understand completely that plot points can be explained as simply as stating "it just be like that sometimes", what I am trying to point out is not a plothole (even though one could argue it is), and I am not attempting to lessen your enjoyment of the overall story. I am simply bringing to your attention the fact that animals from different environments with different diets will not produce the same quality of meat, nor the same texture of meat, nor the same tasting meat. In fact, stating that "of course it is not a meat raised specifically for consumption" supports my point entirely. Wagyu beef is from cows that are treated basically like royalty. They do nothing but eat the best food, all in order to create this perfect marbled beef. Thus, Wyvern meat somehow having the exact same properties as Wagyu is a little far fetched in my honest opinion and I think it must be addressed.

As a side note, people need to learn how to critique things they enjoy. I am not saying that this plot point makes me hate the story. I still read 31 chapters just like the rest of you. I still think this is far better than garbage stories like "smartphone isekai" and "big tits harem isekai".

@vessalius
a meat master! thank you for your wisdom 🙇‍♀️🙇‍♂️

i also agree that while "wooo magic" and anime logic can wave away small details like this, but it's also way cooler if there's real-life logic and realism applied like what you pointed out!

Dex-chan lover
anyone else get unnecessarily angry when he used canned shit instead of just putting flour in and making a roux?

Group Leader
Reading the translation, in the light novel Mukouda used Bloody Horn Bull meat rather than the Wyvern meat to make the beef stew (chapter 95). I don't know why the manga adaptation went for Wyvern meat instead. In the LN storyline they don't get any Wyvern meat from the Guild's disassembler until a bit later (chapter 100) and they don't try eating it as steaks until chapter 102.

The manga adaptation might be compressing details to try and keep the story moving.

@asfhoiasfjoiasfjpi making a de glace is hard, like 6 smelly hours hard. Although it tastes good and I recommend it if you have the time, I would also use canned de glace since it is a good way to make a great sauce. If You don't cook like that, then fine by me, just don't shame or be angry at others who have a different way of cooking their food.

Dex-chan lover
That was weird. Where did Feru go? He had no natural enemies there... unless he met a dragon. Then again, MC would hear a dragon vs fenrir battle since it probably wouldn't be very quiet.

Dex-chan lover
It's Feru, so he should be fine. What the heck is he off doing?

...Maybe it's time to introduce the goddesses to savory meals!

Dex-chan lover
I hate to spoil you, but Feru ran away and fell into a crack in the dimensional split and got transported to another isekai, so he won't be coming back to master. And then master fell into another crack and got a dragon instead in the other other other isekai world. The dragon doesn't eat as much so there is less cooking content.

@asfhoiasfjoiasfjpi

Very much so. Especially considering that it takes not even 10 minutes to make the roux (flour, butter and the game is done), but then the ketchup? My goodness, why do the Japanese slam ketchup - using it instead of tomato sauce - and mayonnaise everywhere?

Contributor
@vessalius

If you think about it the main causes for meat being gamey: piss, blood, and fat have been reduced likely meaning that it'd be pretty good to use as a stew. And since he's equating it to wagyu it also means that any excess fat that would have been there is already trimmed off. Also Carnivorous meats are best cooked in a stew, so by sheer circumstance, it seems he stumbled into the best way of cooking it.

Dex-chan lover
Something's wrong if Feru is missing dinner 😭
Thanks for the update ❤️

Fed-Kun's army
Lol Mukoda doesn't care what meat is it from anymore, as long as it's delicious 😂

Users who are viewing this thread