Tondemo Skill de Isekai Hourou Meshi

I love this. It is casual but still interesting, something you can read leisurely as an antidote from heavy mangas. Relaxing read, I would say.

Sui is so cute and lovable ugh my heart uwu

@archfiendrubicante amazing you could write so much about this and praise the plot when the plot literally hasn't even started. What is the goal? Who are the antagonists? Is there even a conflict?

@xyagerx not every story needs a plot with goals, antagonists, or conflicts. If something wasn't praiseworthy just because it didn't have any conflict then that would render basically all slice-of-life comedy manga/anime/etc. as not worth consuming. If this manga doesn't suit you because there haven't been any huge plot points or conflict, then maybe it wasn't made with people like you as the audience.

I absolutely love this manga! Its nice to have a cute chill manga where the main character just explores the world and enjoys food with his new friends. There are plenty of action heavy stories out there so this is a nice change of pace.

@Joobin814 Without any of those things it has no plot, your argument doesn't make sense. There is plot to be had. I wasn't implying it was a bad plot, I am saying the plot doesn't exist. I don't read slice of life stuff, but if it doesn't meet any of those criteria then it would also be a comic lacking a plot. This has all the depth of a funny strip in the newspaper and I was criticizing the guy's post praising the plot, not saying the manga has no value to read. Look at my initial @

Dex-chan lover
It really wears on you when it repeats the same scenes over and over again. It'd be nice as a colourful anime with sound and music to break the monotony.

I feel like there will be a lot more gods that will request things from him. I already see how they make him demigod or something to extend his life spawn so they will be supplied. Since i don't see them just give up on all the sweets, booze, seasonings ect. and going back to just honey and dried fruits for sweets like it was mentioned in beginning chapters.

i like how this is kinda like a non-lewd version of shougeki basically with a sprinkle of rpg element. Their faces when they are eating the food really makes you wana try making the food, althou newer food doesn't have much recipes, more just saying wht kinda food ther are.

I'm going to hurl out whatever's in my head like a 17th century city peasant and see how this goes.

This manga is a basically a glorified camping trip, and I love it for being that. While probably not the best escapist literature out there, I haven't found anything similar and ain't in the mood to slog through the hundreds upon hundreds crappy manga to find it.

The food art tastes, erm, looks good. While the character drawings and designs are less to be desired, what really sells this manga to me is how the food is drawn in kinda a vibrant, impressionistic style. Since this is a manga basically about food, that's incredibly important. (Though, the impressionism could just be me since I tend to speed through mangas without reading much.)

Very little lewd (at least as I can tell) and it's the boys' night out without the horny, and it's better for it. I absolutely hate when the atmosphere of a manga gets bricked walled by the fan service shenanigans. The sexy should only be brought out only if the situation calls for it, which this manga more or less gets right.

The silly banter between the characters has a kind of endearing charm to it. While it might not be the most in depth nor well developed interactions, you can get a general feel for the camaraderie that goes on between our protagonists.

This manga is a hit or miss. If you like slice-of-life, fantasy, food, and a sense of isolation from all the sh** that goes on in the world, I'd give this manga a go. However, for those that have more refined tastes, you'll probably drop this manga since it practically has no depth to it other than "it's a feels goody manga." As for me, since I have a more reserved personality, this manga really suits my taste and serves as a decent escape after I've pulled my hair out from finishing a ridiculously difficult and silly homework problem. I didn't really give this manga too much thought lest I take off the rose-tinted glasses and lose one of my escapist mangas.

TL;DR: You like fantasy, cooking, apoliticalness, and no plot development? Then this is the manga for you! Also, I didn't really go over what's wrong with it.
Objective Rating: 4/10
Subjective Rating: 8.75/10

Keep in it nice n simple.
This manga is a roadtrip of fun.
Food. Funny moments. AnD simple minded characters in a growing world that's easy going.

This manga is for the people looking to chill and just have fun doing it.

I’m really glad i found this manga, i can see this becoming one of my little relaxing utopias. Thank you for your hard work, translators! 💐

I don't get how that price of clothing can seem expensive for him doesn't he make a lot of money from monster parts he sells and the wyvern killing

Progressive storyline, simple but delicate art, no messing around from one perspective to another, easy to read, not wordy. These 'simple' and 'easy-going' manga plots always make me enjoy reading.... maybe because I'm a zoomer idk. But it's very cozy and fun to read and to not think about anything complicated. Such cute. 9/10 for me. Cheers!

Users who are viewing this thread