Tonikaku Kawaii - Vol. 13 Ch. 120 - The flower of life

Double-page supporter
If it's true that
she is immortal, wouldn't this eventually end with Nasa passing away while she continues to exist for eternity? Although it could be possible that she's given up her immortality as of some of the previous chapters...

TBH, ever since like chapter 60, I just can't help but feel unease. Even though every single chapter is filled with the adorable life of a cute married couple, I just have a feeling that things will soon get really sad, and that this will have an absolutely terrible ending. I hope it's not the case, but all the build ups are suggesting that thing will take a 180 turn quickly.

Some things are quite mysterious, like the real identity of Tsukasa. She is obviously not a normal girl. Probably like an immortal being, or a God? And what about that wish of hers that has been mentioned a few times before. What is that wish?
Now there is this Kaguya girl too. Is she also a God or something?
And just now, what's up with the dream Nasa had? He sad it was like a never ending dream. Like did he like live a whole life in his dream or what happened?
So many questions which make me feel really unease, and I can't stop thinking it won't be so wholesome for long...

Why can't just this remain as a cute and wholesome manga? ☹️

Double-page supporter
Normally people complain about the plot not progressing in romance novel like "confess already!!!!" "make babies " or something.

Not this one. Probably because Nasa already done what romcom protagonist took a hundred chapter to do. There is not much left aside from having babies but that too is already being done off screen.

This is the second with a strong aversion toward plot progression that I read and remember . First one is "it's my life"

I think Tsukasa will leave Nasa kun Someday beacuz Tsukasa's parent? Thats my teory... I hope nasa in future gonna do something ( only fans know this sentence😏

Dex-chan lover
This chapter bothered me a lot, so I went and read the raw. It makes things a bit clearer I think. For those interested...

This is how I'd translate some of the lines from shortly after he woke up on p17, which mimic the initial style on p6: "Burned by a dream, the flower of life's petals fell while filled with regret." "I thought the end would never come." "Surely this journey would just be one of wandering while piling up nothing but regrets." After that, the lines have a slightly different speaking style (-no as a suffix for the "I had a dream" line, for example) which make it even more clear that it's Tsukasa reflecting on how her "long journey" ended.

So the boxed lines on p6, along with the boxed lines on p17 onward after Nasa wakes up, are actually thought by Tsukasa. Probably, since she saw Kaguya last chapter, it triggered some old memory for her, so she also had a dream that morning. Only the boxed lines on p7-8 (when he starts wandering around the dream) are Nasa's thoughts. Hata deliberately hid the transition from Tsukasa to Nasa back to Tsukasa.

Not sure who "burned by a dream" refers to, but since it implied they died full of regrets, it's not Tsukasa herself. Perhaps it's Prince Shoutoku, whose role Nasa played in the dream according to other commenters who know history better than me. In any case, I view this as a happy chapter, since Tsukasa's smile at the end is her way to say "I'm happy now that my journey is over". So this chapter has nothing "new" thematically, it just carries on the message of chapter 102 where Tsukasa talked about how she got married because people don't live forever... she's suffered a lot of tragedy because she's had to see people die around her over the years. People are speculating that Nasa is the reincarnation of Shoutoku, but I don't believe any clear evidence for that... in fact, I think such a development would cheapen Tsukasa's tragic past. It's very possible that Nasa was somehow seeing Tsukasa's memories and experiencing her feelings, her sadness, near the end, or maybe he was just overcome with sadness at seeing her look so forlorn in the dream.

Dex-chan lover
Classic Hata mystery, fuckin hell man, don't make this tragic pls I need my daily dose of qt wifey

Double-page supporter
tenor.gif

Fed-Kun's army
I feel like Nasa is going to be really hurt from this... Please no... He a gud guy.

From the first chapter I wondered why she covered him with her body from the truck and didn't get hurt. yes, in one of the chapters she said that several of her bones were broken, but it seemed to me that it was a lie. if she took the brunt of herself, she knew that nothing would happen to her, unlike the main character ... or am i remeber something wrong?

Fed-Kun's army
please OH PLEASE dont make the ending sad i need it to not be sad if its sad im going to be sad and i dont need more sad rn

Fed-Kun's army
This is about to have a very and I mean very sad ending. It's very far for now just like a long journey. But it will come to an end and that will be one sad day.

Users who are viewing this thread