Tonikaku Kawaii - Vol. 15 Ch. 140.5 - Chapter XXX - Eternity is found here

Dex-chan lover
[li]Came to see some fluff[/li]
[li]Saw chapter name and started expecting something more than fluff[/li]
[li]Eh chapter starts to get heavier[/li]
[li]WHAT! Granny Tokiko is dead! Damn onion cutting ninjas[/li]
[li]Eh Nasa knows Tsukasa's Identity!! Why does it feel like the ending chapter?[/li]
[li]EHhh, This whole chapter was actually a spoiler of the ending of this series!!![/li]

DAMN YOU HATA. Why you gotta do this to me? My mind and emotions are now a total mess. *Sniff *Sniff. No, I'm not crying. I'm not. *Sniff.

IS HE TROLLING US??? ITS NOT APRIL YET!!!

XXX chapter, so no definite place, but I'm assuming Mangadex has no XXX feature so it would be difficult to pin this anywhere unless we just put it at 999 for the time being it seems.

BUT its also weird that this came out right now. Its not a different scanlation group, not a diff uploader, so my guess is this has a hidden meaning behind it. I legit thought this was another movie they're filming but this could represent something else????

EDIT: THE PREVIOUS CHAPTER TITLE MAYBE HINTED THIS?????

So I'm guessing we will get to see more about her soon considering how this chapter went.

Dex-chan lover
Huh, I didn't expect the epilogue to randomly appear when the climax isn't even in sight yet.

Anyway, based on the Tokiko's listed death date (warning: major spoiler)...
she'll probably die within a few weeks, if not days. Chapter 124 was already "around two months since [when they married on May 5]. And she dies on July 20.
Although it's possible this is a full year later, I sincerely doubt it. Hata's timelines move too slowly for that. If he did, this manga would probably end up as long as Hayate.

Kinda wish Hata hadn't put out this chapter, since I don't like to "know the tone of the ending" in advance; I consider it a kind of spoiler. Well, maybe the manga will still go on for a ways after the events in this chapter, but it's a matter of my expectations.

From Dan on the discord server (pinned messages #tonikawa-manga):

"Ok so, regarding the latest chapter and how that happened:

Hata posted on his Fanbox how he was actually considering ending the manga, but didn't because of Tsukasa's past was still in the open. Then he wrote some pages of timeskip, but shelved those. Then he decided to unshelf the script and draw it into an actual chapter, which is the chapter that just got released.

The chapter is more of a "What if the series ended here"
tldr: hata wanted the manga to end but decided not to end, but still posted a chapter he wrote thinking of it as the ending
this man is fucking crazy"

@Ndosbeos Thanks for the info.

It totally did feel like he was easing us into the ending there.

I'm just glad it confirms they stay together no matter what, and that Nasa does fulfill whatever it is that she needs.

The watermellon on the porch was true "feels", there.

7 comment pages of 'WTF'!?!?

If this is supposed to be one possible ending, well, now it probably isn't going to be one, is it? So now I gotta worry about what the hell he's going to do with one of fav couples...still...or should that be 'again'? Dammit, sensei. ARRRGGGGGHHHHH!

I swear please do not be the end, I legit want Nasa to be immortal too, btw? What was her wish...?

Dex-chan lover
Lol. Hata-sensei playing off the prior chapters title once again just like before.

Users who are viewing this thread