Tonikaku Kawaii - Vol. 8 Ch. 72 - I got the Kusatsu Onsen expert title

Don't do it before marriage, they said. But this couple got married since early on but they haven't done shit. What are they waiting for? A second marriage? WHAT? HAVE SEX, dammit.
No, wait. HAVE CHILDREN. BECAUSE THAT'S WHAT A MARRIED COUPLE DO, mostly.

Aggregator gang
Ugh, as the years go by, I'm just getting more and more sick of these adults acting like middle schoolers and their puppy loves. Sure, it's kinda cute, but eh...

Fuck already, ffs.

I know that backseat translating probably isn't welcome, but I feel instead of

"We've been together since I was small"

it would be better to put

"We've been together since childhood"

which preserves the ambiguity in the Japanese text.

Dex-chan lover
@Sakai I'm not sure who you're talking about but if you're talking about the MCs you're quite off. Reread chapter 3, they get married on the day Nasa becomes 18, Tsukasa is 16 at the time. I'd be tempted to say enough time has passed Tsukasa is probably 17 now. Not that it makes much sense to worry about her legal age.

Aggregator gang
@genR my bad cause as far as i remember, nasa didnt attend highschool opening so i thought he was around 15 or 14 since usually freshman here in my country is around 15

Dex-chan lover
@ShayGuy They haven't really done much to accurately track the passage of time so far in this series to be honest. I think my estimate in another chapter only a little while ago based on a bunch of the chapters all depicting the same day or at least week though... it has not been that long. They're well within the territory for couples to still be shy around each other regarding things like mixed bathing, despite the majority of us screeching at our screens to "just fuck already" because they're "married" instead of "dating" as if that changes the time spent with each other.

Dex-chan lover
Oh my sweet Goddess, they are ADORABLE. Beats the heck out of your typical dating romcom (as Hata shrewdly points out with that first page...)

For the awkward people in the audience- remember, they may be married, but they've still only known one another for, what, a month on the outside? They had no dating phase, no living-together-before-the-act phase, they just straight up jumped to the marriage. Add to that the fact that they're both a) still pretty immature (I'd say young, but...) b) traditional and c) shy, and it's perfectly normal that they haven't gotten down and dirty yet. It'll happen eventually, chill.

Dex-chan lover
It's not even close to normal, if you're not sexually dysfunctional. That's indefensible. Doesn't matter how old they are, doesn't matter how long they've known each other, marriage is marriage and natural desire gets fulfilled.

But if drawing it out means we get so many cute chapters, then I can suspend disbelief.

Fed-Kun's army
Ooohh, another Hayate reference with the Sanzenin name in the manga Nasa's reading. Wait, don't tell me it's Nagi's daughter or it's just a penname. I would love a crossover between these two series.

Sanzenin Kayura? So that manga at the start is Nagi and Kayura's collaborative creation huh?
They've come so far! I'm proud of them

@seanj Nasa is 18 while Tsukasa is (supposedly) 16 which means that, internationally, Nasa is an adult while Tsukasa is a minor. The difference is that Nasa is allowed to travel internationally without any restriction and would own an regular Visa. (Teen with minor Visa might be required a Guardian to be allowed into another country.)
Since April 2020, Japan has officially reduced the age of "Adulthood" in its Civil Code from 20 to 18. People tend to mix the age of adulthood with the age of legal drinking or smoking which is not always the same.
In the US, many mix the age to legally purchase smokes and alcohol (21) as the adulthood age, which is wrong. In the US, the Adulthood age is 18 like in many countries. The most easy way of knowing what's the official adult age is usually the age required to own a credit card with your OWN bank account. (In the US, requesting a credit card below 18 requires the card to be linked with a bank account owned by someone who's 18 or older.) The adulthood age is the age from where someone's signature on a legal contract become legally viable without a Guardian's consent (hence the Credit Card example). It's the same between being sent to juvenile detention or prison. If people 18 or 19 are sent to prison and not into a juvenile detention for a crime, the adulthood age is 18.

@donoghu legally, Nasa is an adult, yes. But this is the first time he's ever dated a girl, let alone marry one, and he just recently turned 18 since he and Tsukasa married shorty after his birthday. Mentally, he's not an adult.

Users who are viewing this thread