Torako! Don't Break Everything! - Vol. 2 Ch. 19 - A Place To Belong

Dex-chan lover
913.jpg

@Markgraf His manga didn’t bite the dust, the magazine it was published in bit the dust. He could’ve countinued it but instead choose to end it.

Fed-Kun's army
This chapter went by so fast, it felt like I read 3-4 pages and the end of the chapter was kind of awkward. I didn't hate the chapter, it's just confusing.

Fed-Kun's army
@doctagon
My thought exactly. But eh, it could be worse... I mean, it's not like Torako involved in some "cleaning gyaru" or something...

Dex-chan lover
man she legits looks like a fucking tiger after she breaks out, ahh i dont want this to end, dumb magazine that got closed down!

Dex-chan lover
This series took such a strange turn with the last two chapters.

Fed-Kun's army
@goodie-bag How was it confusing? It made perfect sense to me. This chapter was Torako's perspective, that starts off right after the crash happens. She then freaks out seeing her injured friends and uses all of her emotions to pour everything into her strength, which enabled her to pull the train to safety but this also put her in a kind of "hulked-out" state. The ending is a bit awkward but I think that's entirely intended. Of course people are going to freak out when they see a very large girl that just burst through a pile of rocks, covered in injuries, and is fully jacked up on adrenaline. She also landed out of the rubble on all fours. She doesn't want people to see her in the "hulked-out" state she's in but she takes one for the team and saves everyone, bringing her self into the light. So she flees afterwards because she's afraid of people judging her appearance in that "hulked-out" state.

Supporter
It's always the best when the author gets the axe notice and goes, "well, screw it, now I get to do whatever I want!"

Fed-Kun's army
It was confusing to be because it had no shred of comedy in it, which is what I personally am reading it for, plus the transition between this and the previous chapter didn't fit together from my pov, despite the two being from different perspectives. A comment made by the third party didn't entirely match what was going on at the current state: the tunnel is continuing to collapse, where it clearly was at a standstill. In other words, the fact didn't match up completely. If that didn't help clarify, I'm not sure how to explain what I mean.

Double-page supporter
Okay, what the actual fuck? Ridiculous change in tone / genre is never a good thing. Rip this kind of funny comedy.

Dex-chan lover
Everyone is complaining while I'm loving this, Torako is my favourite female protagonist in a long long time.

Fed-Kun's army
@goodie-bag I mean everyone started reading this for the comedy, it was a comedy series. As others have been saying the change happened because of the magazine the series was released in went under, so the author decided to wrap up the series in a big bang sort of way. These last couple chapters were not supposed to have any kind of comedy. That's the entire point. There's nothing really confusing there in my opinion.

I think the transition was fine. The pevious chapter ended on her moving the train, this chapter jumps back to how we got there. It might not work well for TV but it works fine for a manga. Especially because we know the author had a very limited number of chapters to wrap up the series before the magazine officially closed completely. It mainly sounds like you're not aware of the MAJOR time constraints the author had. So it's less of a problem with the series and more just the author working with what few chapters he was allowed to do.

Your tunnel collapsing comment sounds like a nitpick in my opinion. We saw numerous times that the tunnel was still dropping some rocks on Torako that she was shrugging off. The people on the outside saw that the outside of the tunnel was caving in a bit, and you can apply that news comment to any time rocks were falling on Torako. This is a very basic method of conveying tension that hundreds of disaster movies use, it's not confusing and is a simple matter of connecting the dots.

Maybe you're not happy with the series and how it's ending, that's fine. However I think you could be a little bit less harsh given the circumstances, plus I'm just glad we got the series at all and that the author is going out with some kind of crazy bang despite the unfortunate IRL circumstances. (Edit: Changed this last bit and a couple of things some because I realized it came off harsher than my intent, and goodie-bag informed they weren't dumping on the series. My entire post probably needs to be updated and refined to reflect my original intent of wanting to converse and debate in a friendly manner. However I should probably leave the rest of it as is to reflect for future conversations and for context.)

lmao that is one way to face the ax. better than wrapping a shitty romcom halfway i guess

Fed-Kun's army
Huh? how did I come across as dumping on it? I never said anything negative towards the entire manga or the author for that matter. I don't see how you came to that conclusion. I like it still and as I thought, I was having trouble explaining what I meant. I meant zero ill will towards this and certainly not the author. I don't really care to get into what the author is dealing with nor should I. Also, I don't exactly get what's the big deal of my simple comment of it confusing me. It's not like I was saying it's garbage or anything like that. Also, content means different things to different people, so my likes and dislikes should obviously be different from anybody else's. Plus, your explaining of what I'm talking about doesn't help at all in what is going through my brain, it just sounds like you're trying to criticize me. I have no idea what's so cringy about my three word phrase that you're making paragraphs about.

BCS

Dex-chan lover
Anyone else didn't even read a word in this chapter, just clicked through the pages because the series jumped on such huge rails that the outcome is blatantly obvious and you just want to get it done with?

Users who are viewing this thread