Totem's Realm

Yay chapter 2!! Thanks Salty Witches for picking this up, all your hard work, and sharing! Loving this series so far!

The title should be Tarzan lmao

sent this before reading but I'm glad that they added the "Tarzan?" speech bubble in lol

I knew the moment I saw the cover some ppl are gonna said "this work is racist blablabla" lmaooo.

@laudy well, they must’ve deleted their 2nd comment because i did not see them insult you personally. didn’t mean to gaslight you, dude. i just saw two comments, not three.

edit: i’m sorry, man. i literally just did not see it. i didn’t call you racist either. please do not make it seem like i did. i never used the word racist in my response because that is a very serious accusation that i do not take lightly. i keep reading the same 4 responses over and over again while keeping the dates in mind as well. i just do not see where they insulted you or others’ intelligence. they never used the word stupid or dumb in their response towards you. you asked for them to give you their thoughts and they did. then you responded some time after (4 days after the og response?) upset. am i wrong?

edit 2: hold up. i looked again. in your second response, the first one you highlighted was directed towards you. i see how you can be offended by that. the second one you highlighted was directed towards the people from 12 days ago. the person was not wrong in the second one that was highlighted. no one was saying anything about that trope 12 days ago. the person was going based off of the comments prior to your response to make this opinion. therefore, i don’t see how you can be offended by the second one that was highlighted when it was not directed towards you specifically.

ugh i love when the team that translates a story have this corner where they bicker or just casually talk in their own chatroom, then share it with us here at the end of each chapter! i thoroughly enjoy reading those as well! And also this story isn't very cliche? (probably it will be soon hahaha) but i love the art style, it reminded me of this one japanese manga but i just can't seem to recall it.

@deadjosey YAS! THIS! Thank you for saying it. I'm thinking that I got too old or something because when I first started reading manga -almost 15 years ago - the only complaint people had about smut manga in general, was that maybe the guy wasn't fucking the chick hard enough (and the forums were usually fun as hell). It's smut; there's nothing complicated in smut manga unless the guy twists the poor female lead into a pretzel to the delight of all concerned, all in vivid detail. There was a similar thing on the Sultan's Love comment section, but it was about how inaccurate it is from a historical point of view. It's a manhwa called Sultan's Love, full color, with epic art, hot male lead, smut tag, and people were offended that it's not historically accurate. I think one was so insulted that he wanted to block the entire thing so he/she would never see it appear again on the site. Who the hell reads smut manga for the plot or the emotionally stunning and deep message it wants to send to the readers? That's like reading Tolstoy and pitching a fit that there are no dragons and sexy elves in the books. 😑😐

😍😍I've been waiting my whole life for something like this. 🤩

Thank you soooo much @SaltyWitchCo for picking this up!!!

P.S. For other Tarzan & Jane fans I recommend "Jane: The Woman who loved Tarzan" by Robin Maxwell.
And of course support the original Mangaka!

Thanks for scanning! I can tell this is gonna be one of my favorite groups ╰(*´︶`*)╯♡ teheheeheheh. Seriously thank you and I hope everyone is happy,healthy, and safe ! <3

@nananoka
edit: i’m sorry, man. i literally just did not see it. i didn’t call you racist either.

That's funny because not only did you call me racist...

if your feelings were hurt because of their analysis on racism in manga/web comics/etc., get over yourself and see why you were mad about their view on it in general.

...You did it the exact same way as the person which you are "trying to understand" and not at all justify.

you may want to think on why your first response to my raising awareness of the problem is not to be mad at the racism itself, but at me for pointing it out.

...You did it twice (more explicitly)

when you feel as though you have been attacked by someone else’s words, it’s most likely because you fit somewhere in those words.

...thrice, doubling down on this one
(on top of everything if you google it, the first example is literally of a politician being called a racist.)
remember only a hit dog hollers.

and here you call my MORALS...
Treat others by the golden rule, and take their race out of consideration
...racist

tl;dr: the insult was non-existent and you just felt like it was an attack on your morals/character/intelligence/whatever.

Here's the line before they went after me patting themselves on the back over their first post.
again, i’m not judging people for reading it, but i want to spread awareness cause based on the comments, people weren’t thinking about that aspect. if they can go into it informed, and still enjoy it, all the better.
Here's what they wrote earlier in the same freaking post.
yes, it is easy to enjoy things. but in this case, seeing my people being represented as literal savages/primitive/as something to be “tamed” by the lighter-skinned character… doesn’t turn me on, somehow?????
They can say
i’m not judging people for reading it
but they can't take back a moral judgement in a public forum, on a topic which is a bannable offense in the forum, which is attached to a service everyone here uses, when stating that someone else needs to self reflect on the topic, because that's a public accusation of guilt, and a public accusation of inferior intelligence for not realizing the guilt! C'mon its unfair to call it ego, its not purely emotional here we have public profiles, images to maintain, cooler heads would prevail right? I mean, its not like there's a connection between the ego trip to how they brand themselves on their profile right? certainly bandying around info commonly found in Tv tropes articles as if they've just received a revelation direct from someone with a halo and a pair of wings couldn't profit them if it did build their brand, they aren't a group leader right? At the very least a group leader wouldn't and shouldn't understand the functions of this site right?
Well then again maybe you would overlook that connection as its something else you agree with them on
@laudy the person that you are responding is literally native/indigenous themselves 😀, so i don’t understand why you think they are on some sort of ego trip. they were just giving an analysis on the content of this comic.

No its not in my head, its in their and your words, and if it weren't the purpose of those words why would they have ever passed the sniff-test with the golden rule? As I tried to give them to chew on kindly and softly at first: to paraphrase: "Do you like "ease of enjoyment" for yourself? everybody else does." Here's the implication since you are pretending you don't get them: Remember the golden rule and don't rain on everybody's parade, you wouldn't like it if they rained on yours; there's a side benefit here; this is a useful touchstone of when a worry just isn't worth worrying about, because often we rain on our own parades.

@laudy yes, it is easy to enjoy things. but in this case, seeing my people being represented as literal savages/primitive/as something to be “tamed” by the lighter-skinned character… doesn’t turn me on, somehow?????
hey this is uhhhh racist and plays into the “savage” native/indigenous trope. like literally says “primitive tribe” and. that he’s a beast. (and also more picky stuff like they have no consideration abt tribal tattoos wtf are those but mostly it feeds into a very specific anti-indigenous caricature)

feel free to keep reading (personally it makes me wanna throw up but yk

This person can't distinguish between a people, and the archetypal-romance-story of two individuals, thus ruining their own enjoyment, or so they claim. If they were genuine, this would be very sad and my initial response would have just been taken as what it was, Sympathy. However, they went on to do as I've stated above, because it wasn't genuine, it was about doing what I stated in the second response
These are mutually exclusive statements. I can tell you what purpose they serve, they serve to make you feel morally superior to other people. You can tell that its an ego trip...
I provided a convenient target, standing opposite to them enough to be labeled, seemingly too kind to mount an effective defense. Perfect for someone who shills their own brand in the forum of another content provider's upload, while taking a massive dump on the upload. Their goal was for people like you to praise them at first, and then when they decided to thrash me, they hoped that people like you would back them up. While you may have been a terrible help to them, you did manage to help them waste my time.

@laudy you asked for their thoughts and they gave them to you...i just didn’t call you racist like at all dude. didn’t you say that they felt “morally superior”? wouldn’t that imply that you felt morally inferior? i was just building off of your responses, man. i didn’t call you or your morals racist because i don’t know you at all. i was using the implication of you feeling “morally inferior” since you said they felt “morally superior”.

@nananoka
you asked for their thoughts and they gave them to you
. suggestions are now asking for other's thoughts apparently. as for the rest, No, that's not how separate human beings with separate emotions work. one's feeling of moral superiority, doesn't cause another to have feelings of moral inferiority. It does cause the latter to know that the former feels superior, but they can feel ANYTHING about that.

Edit: gotta add here
.i just didn’t call you racist like at all dude.
What exactly is the point here? That when you write something which has meaning and you didn't intend to communicate that meaning but a different one, the meaning goes away. If that's how it worked, there wouldn't be editing... maybe if you deny it, the quote's will disappear?

i didn’t call you or your morals racist because i don’t know you at all. i was using the implication of you feeling “morally inferior” since you said they felt “morally superior”.
Name the moral in question. Oh wait you already have.
if your feelings were hurt because of their analysis on racism
If you want to lie to yourself, that's your business, but quit lying to me, about me, in public, please.

ty very much for scanning! i'm def very interested but your chapter 2 is a duplicate of chapter 1, i tried both view settings and its the same. i hope to see move of this soon either way!

@calvitre
Treat other people as you wish to be treated is the point of anti-racism and specifically not treating them poorly because of their race. As I said ease of enjoyment is something you deserve, it is also something you should respect for other people if you wish to follow the golden rule. I didn't learn anything new from your point of view because it is so commonly understood that it is a trope. There are tv tropes articles on your point, so i take it as an insult to my and every other reader's intelligence. I view your statement as innapropriate as you are suggesting, through the statement that I need to self reflect on racism and my emotions, that I am racist. I appreciate you telling me that you dont judge anyone but you are saying that about moral judgements/claims that are "poisonous to touch". I have put self reflection to you as well but I havent suggested you dont realize something damning, but that you deserve to enjoy things easily and have a way to dismiss when you are bothering yourself unnecessarily. To explain my initial response more clearly this time, you are the one who isn't seperating the very archetypal female-tames-wild-male love story of two individuals, from a people; other readers are intelligent enough to see what you see and realize that the similarities to racist tropes are incidental to the archetype. I don't want to mislead, I take a very dim view to what you are doing. You have said that you feel sick to the stomach and yet wish to spread that feeling to others; you are an uploader with a brand image consistent to the message you are spreading on another uploaders comments section, and even worse you are discouraging readers from reading their work because, while you don't judge, you are identifying this upload with a poisonous moral condemnation. As the other which you have condemed I'll leave it here that I have been harrassed for days due to your accusation, and hopefully it serves as evidence of the damage you are doing your fellow uploader as well.

Came here to comment saying “thanks” to the translators and most of the comments here are just trash. people arguing over such a platform when the rest of us are just here trying to enjoy the manga. What a shame

Users who are viewing this thread