Dragon Daddy Diaries: A Girl Grows to Greatness - Vol. 4 Ch. 21 - Dragon, getting an idea

Aggregator gang
Failure of a mother probably got ragged by her parents the same way, and wanted to "fix" her mistakes by forcing her daughter to do what she couldn't.
yep getting alot of projection vibes from her. especially when the sage herself said daisy is an exceptional student already. being considered exceptional already puts you in the best of the best and honestly that should be enough for any parent.

Dex-chan lover
People saying that the mother is horrible but are ignoring that the only reason she is pissed is because she herself think and say that her girl is the best...
"look at this shitty mother! she told her girl that she was better than everyone else!"

Aggregator gang
People saying that the mother is horrible but are ignoring that the only reason she is pissed is because she herself think and say that her girl is the best...
"look at this shitty mother! she told her girl that she was better than everyone else!"
to be frank that doesn't really make it any better. be it she is pissed because her boasting got proven wrong and she feels humiliated because a mere "commoner" achieved higher results than her "noble prodigy", or that she is trying to live precariously through her daughter to "fix" the mistakes of her own childhood.
both have her berating her daughter for things out of her control.

its one thing to wish the best for your child but Daisy already reached that. yet here is the obsessed mother ever asking for more. being in class zero is already an accomplishment of the highest honor yet the mother can't even be satisfied with THAT.
so i will call the mother horrible when horrible is deserved and here it is most definitely deserved no matter how you try to spin the situation. wanting the best for your child is fine but berating them for things outside of their control is not.

Dex-chan lover
to be frank that doesn't really make it any better. be it she is pissed because her boasting got proven wrong and she feels humiliated because a mere "commoner" achieved higher results than her "noble prodigy", or that she is trying to live precariously through her daughter to "fix" the mistakes of her own childhood.
both have her berating her daughter for things out of her control.

its one thing to wish the best for your child but Daisy already reached that. yet here is the obsessed mother ever asking for more. being in class zero is already an accomplishment of the highest honor yet the mother can't even be satisfied with THAT.
so i will call the mother horrible when horrible is deserved and here it is most definitely deserved no matter how you try to spin the situation. wanting the best for your child is fine but berating them for things outside of their control is not.
Reading this dont look like she is pissed at her kid at all. It only look like she is pissed at everyone for not recognizing that her girl is the best. Many people are unable to act rationaly when they are angry, and it's common for mother to lose their mind when something happen to their kid.
And if you look back at what she said to the headmaster it show that she is not angry at her kid but at the one who didn't put her girl first.

Aggregator gang
Reading this dont look like she is pissed at her kid at all. It only look like she is pissed at everyone for not recognizing that her girl is the best. Many people are unable to act rationaly when they are angry, and it's common for mother to lose their mind when something happen to their kid.
And if you look back at what she said to the headmaster it show that she is not angry at her kid but at the one who didn't put her girl first.
might i direct you to page 2 and 3 ahem, to quote what the mother YELLS at daisy. edited to add in page 2's diologue
"
Daisy! what on earth is going on here?!
Have you forgotten about your duty to become the King's Student?!
I even got you a special private tutor over the summer holidays didn't I?!

AH, for goodness sake!
How come you've remained in second place ever since you started School?
Don't tell me you are lacking in self-awareness!?
Is this really all you are capable of!?

its absurd you are not the top student!
Need I remind you?!
Only one person in the grade can be chossen as the king's student!
You know that, right?!
"
now i am no expert her but doesn't that sound like someone scolding her child for something out of her control. acting as if its HER fault that she didn't achieve first place.
oh and may i direct you to page four about what she says when she finds out it was olivia who got the spot. ahem

Wha-
WHAT DID YOU JUST...?!
HER, OF ALL PEOPLE?!
THE GIRL FROM THAT NOBODY FATHER AND HIS STRANGE FAMILY...?!

now correct me if i am wrong here, but doesn't that sound awefully like she sees olivia as undeserving of the position solely because she is a commoner?

oh and this gem on page 7 when the sage asks if something happened to her daughter

"n-no her grades weren't as good as they should have been, so i gave her a little guideance."

you call what she said to daisy on page three as GUIDEANCE?!
i rest my case she is a bad parent.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread