Touge Oni - Vol. 6 Ch. 26 - Misappropriation of Sacred Treasures

Contributor
Pictures from the first chapter for reference:

IMG_7663.png

IMG_7664.png

Dex-chan lover
Thanks so much for the translation. Man, this is the best manga I've read in a while, I think I'm liking it almost as much as Berserk, since it has some really metal monster designs--Future Ozuno is terrifying!

Dex-chan lover
I really can't blame sennin sensei for blaming fate. That's really some heavy deus ex machina on play there.
I mean, the three only got separated because the mirror shenanigans and pretty sure tsukuyomi doesn't give enough fucks to control where they go, so its by pure chance that the three arrive where they are.
And those three significantly crippled his plan.
Sensei delivered the three treasure only because he got teleported right into the council.
Zen got the torifune to interferes and message from koto-sama that maybe will prevent the worst future. Only coz he got teleported to the moon.
And Miyo probably got the most important intel of all, information about sennin sensei himself. His insect plan, his mindset, karma, and maybe his weakness in the form of regularly scheduled disintegration.

It doesn't even work if the order is just a bit different.
Like, miyo and zen surely can't help deliver and use the three sacred treasures.
Zen won't be able to pretend to be disciple to sennin sensei. And sensei meeting with sennin sensei alone probably would move sensei to the dark side.
And koto-sama only helps zen because she failed to grant his wish.

At this point, cutting your losses and ran is the best action for sennin sensei.
Oh, and by the way, I really hopes koto-sama words of "be not reversed" still apply because they used the mirror once and she implied something really bad might happens if it's used in odd-number.

Dex-chan lover
The thing about bugs inside people reminds me of the Daoist belief that there are three worms inside us all from birth that mean to do us harm, like spiritual and literal parasites.

Interestingly, a way to transcend and become immortal is by completely expelling these worms from your body and killing them.

Dex-chan lover
Holy shit this is so fucking good !
Thanks for the translation! And thanks the comments to have made me realise master's master's master.

Dex-chan lover
I find the most unusual thing in this chapter being the shape of the sword. Not only do it resemble a keris, the most sacred style of blade in javanese and nusantaran culture, but also because the description that i could find of the real life version basically boils down to it being long and straight like a blade of grass, a complete opposite of the shape of a keris.

reu

Dex-chan lover
I find the most unusual thing in this chapter being the shape of the sword. Not only do it resemble a keris, the most sacred style of blade in javanese and nusantaran culture, but also because the description that i could find of the real life version basically boils down to it being long and straight like a blade of grass, a complete opposite of the shape of a keris.
It's probably meaningless artistic liberties, meant to make it look alien, rather than just a fancy katana... Magatama are claws/teeth, not a holy fetus.

Dex-chan lover
It's probably meaningless artistic liberties, meant to make it look alien, rather than just a fancy katana... Magatama are claws/teeth, not a holy fetus.
Yeah, but the other two doesn't stray away much from the shape their real life counterpart, while this one goes the opposite way of the description.

reu

Dex-chan lover
Yeah, but the other two doesn't stray away much from the shape their real life counterpart, while this one goes the opposite way of the description.
perhaps, though this manga goes hard on the a e s t h e t i c, it's not empty and thoughtless so maybe there's something to your OP

Dex-chan lover
so if Ozuno killed himself sensei wouldn’t disappear as far as I can tell
When Miyo breathed incense, her necklace disappeared (and thus we can assume so did the future version of her that had given it to her). I mean, time laws might work differently for the transcended, but still.

Dex-chan lover
Does anyone know when will the next volume drop? I read that Penny only releases per volume so Im assuminh they are waiting for Vol 7

Dex-chan lover
ZEN ENTERS

Ozuno is Shirou? Wild twist. TFW half of this would've been solved by Ozuno being just a bit dumber as a kid and wishing for Hitokotonushi to be his wife.
You should remember that there are wishes that can't never be granted. Wishing a kami to be your wife? You should expect rains of purnishment from not only Koto but other kami. There are things that a person should never do. There are so many stories all over the world about mortals wanting to marry gods and all of them ended in tragedy. Gods are divine beings. A mortal wishing to marry a god is staining that divinity. All those stories are meant to teach us that there is a limit to your ambition.

Supporter
We’re getting into non-trivial world-lines here. The natural conclusion is that the appearance of Zen (maybe the girl too) in this world-line will cause Master to be more appreciative of humanity, and not go down the dark side. At the very least, he wouldn’t have helped Zen if not for the test that this master gave him in the first place. Though we might also end up guiding master’s master to salvation.

This is an incredibly well written time travel story. While the time travel plot isn’t as densely presented as Steins;Gate, it has the potential to be at least as well constructed. Both stories have elements of fighting against cruel fate, defying the natural order, and using ingenuity to solve novel problems. Though if our moon exiled dragon kami is an analog to Mayuri, Okabe is actually the bad guy.

Users who are viewing this thread