Training Regimes of the World’s Strongest Women - Vol. 3 Ch. 14 - Basque Rubia Tournament

You guys still hating on Giselle misread or misinterpreted her entire plot.

First of all, she did not 'try to kill him'. Was she trying to beat him up to make him give up trying to be an adventurer? Yes. Did she go too far in her treatment of him? Yes. But in her own somewhat twisted fashion, she was worried about him due to what happened to her brother and unfortunately she isn't smart enough to have figured out a better way through the situation. She is clearly trying her best to make amends.

Personally, I'm giving her a chance, time will tell what she does with it.
I agree with this completely. TLer-kun has already said that the JP text says she was never trying to kill him. She wanted to beat him up and show he ain’t strong enough to make it as an adventurer which, if those masters had never shown up, was an accurate view of him. He was level 1, had no job or skills and was lousy at fighting. Logically speaking he shouldn’t have been Pursuing that job and gone with something far safer that fit what he could do. Not to mention that his weakness could cause his future party mates to end up dying in a battle cause of him.

Honestly she shouldn’t be as hated as she is. Did she go about it wrong? Definitely. However she was trying to protect him in her own way as she feels it is on her to protect the orphans which the MC is one of. She is trying to make it up to him in one of the only ways she can think of and she shouldn’t be blasted for that.
The thing is with both of your claims is that they're contradicting with what said author depicted in the manga itself, JP text also not helping this situation whatsoever and only makes it more confusing.
Bad writing 100%.

Not gonna comment much on Giselle, but it's funny to see the visceral hatred that she's getting in the English community (And I don't mean only on MD) compared to Japanese readers, which are more accepting of her, or outright like her, only thing is that some wishes the switch have been smoother.

The reality is that Japanese don't mind this kind of development (The evil girl going all lovey-dovey after changing her ways), which is why characters like her will pop up here and there for as long as manga is a thing.
Japs are just cucks lmao.
Sad but true.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
The thing is with both of your claims is that they're contradicting with what said author depicted in the manga itself, JP text also not helping this situation whatsoever and only makes it more confusing.
Bad writing 100%.
Don't blame writing for your complete lack of media comprehension, assumptions and bias.

Dex-chan lover
Projecting hard i see.
Why are you accusing others of what you are doing? Here’s an idea, go back to the comment section of that chapter and you’ll see that the TLer said that their TL was slightly off when they put that she was trying to kill him. The fact is she was trying to beat him up, so he’d give up being an adventurer, and not kill him.

Why are you accusing others of what you are doing? Here’s an idea, go back to the comment section of that chapter and you’ll see that the TLer said that their TL was slightly off when they put that she was trying to kill him. The fact is she was trying to beat him up, so he’d give up being an adventurer, and not kill him.
"go back to comment section"
should have told this yourself with such claims.

I actually read what the TLer said in regards to this matter. Maybe you should do the same instead of continuing to be an idiot
"TLer said" literally proves my words right about this moment being a bad writing, what are you trying to achive here?
Also nice auto-irony you got there lmao, get lost, bozo.

Dex-chan lover
"TLer said" literally proves my words right about this moment being a bad writing, what are you trying to achive here?
Also nice auto-irony you got there lmao, get lost, bozo.
How does it prove what you said when what you’ve said is pure nonsense? You can claim it’s “bad writing” all you want but it won’t ever be true. The girl was trying to beat him up not kill him. This is backed by the text and what happens in that chapter. It ain’t anybody’s fault you can’t understand this basic fact

Dex-chan lover
That was actually a really interesting discussion between the two of them, they both made good points, but she has far more experience in this field so that gave her the edge when it comes to the bet.

It stands to reason that someone who has fought others before and has trained to take on any and all competition would know the specific way certain types like to fight, and the best ways of countering them. It was a really unfair competition between the two of them, but it was really just a low states fun bet so it doesn’t really matter all that much, especially considering she used it as a way to teach him some important lessons.

Speaking of teaching a lesson, the three of them will never learn to just get along and work together will they? They resorted to violence almost immediately just because they could, really makes you think about the hard future he has in store considering the fact that all three of them will become his wives.

Speaking of, his potential is beyond impressive, to the point even they can’t deny it anymore. It hasn’t even been that long since they started teaching him, and look at where he is now. Just give it a few years, he’ll be hundreds of times stronger than everyone else, especially when he grows up and his smaller child body becomes that of a grown man. Just thinking about him growing up is cracking me up, just how will those three react to all of his changes in the future? He doesn’t see them as anything other than his mentors and maybe friends currently, wonder how long that’ll last, and if they’ll be responsible for changing it.

I don't usually bother with logic and maths in a fantasy series. But when someone supposedly intelligent speaks about something common so stupid with confidence.. it just feels wierd. You tried 10 times and calculated success rate as 5% - this is stupid. If it was 10 tries and you had one success then it's 10%. If you had no success then it isn't necessarily 5%. You would need 20 tries and 1 success for you to be able to state the success rate as 5% but even then it would not be correct. Atleast 40 tries and 2 success would be needed and ideally 100 tries and 5 success to state a success rate of 5%

Dex-chan lover
You guys still hating on Giselle misread or misinterpreted her entire plot.

First of all, she did not 'try to kill him'. Was she trying to beat him up to make him give up trying to be an adventurer? Yes. Did she go too far in her treatment of him? Yes. But in her own somewhat twisted fashion, she was worried about him due to what happened to her brother and unfortunately she isn't smart enough to have figured out a better way through the situation. She is clearly trying her best to make amends.

Personally, I'm giving her a chance, time will tell what she does with it.
She did try to kill him, no matter how you view it, if he hadn't been that strong, he would've died there.

She's literally just his 'Childhood Bully' of the highest degree, and her suddenly loving him and acting this way is the shallowest plot progressing they could've gone with..
If someone tortured me and later shot me in the leg claiming they've done it to protect me, because I could've died outside cause x could happen, I sure as hell wouldn't thank them 😐

I don't see her trying to make amends I only see her acting like it hadn't happened and her suddenly 'loving him'

Users who are viewing this thread