Translation help

Fed-Kun's army
Yo! Just getting into translation, and I've run across something that I can't seem to find an explanation for no matter where I look. If any more experienced translator could lend me a hand I'd appreciate it, I might just be overlooking something obvious here.

わつ
テル先輩
じよーず!!

The last line (じよーず) is what I'm having trouble with, but I've included the rest for the sake of clarity. The "よ" may be a small hiragana, but the font jumps around a ton so it's hard for me to tell. Hopefully I haven't posted this in the wrong spot.
I appreciate all the help.

Fed-Kun's army
Let me guess, both the つ and よ are actually the small ones, so something like this: waaaa, Teru-senpai, jouzu!

Fed-Kun's army
@MavB_Ver
Yes to the first, maybe to the second. I got the first two lines easy, but apparently my ineptitude flared up at the end. From your tone I'm guessing the answer is as obvious as I'd guessed?

Fed-Kun's army
@Gravenimage
The first one: watsu will make no sense
Second one: I've read enough so the ー indicating a long vowel is no surprising to me. Jouzu is the one I can think of though I can't guess the meaning without context.

Fed-Kun's army
@MavB_Ver
わつ is either that or わっ which would make more sense as something not dissimilar to "wow", but as I've said the font they've used is incredibly annoying.
The context being Teru has cut up some apples particularly well, which the speaker is remarking on. Now that you gave me "jouzu" I searched that and came up with じょうず which means something like skilled, so that seems like it would make some sense. Thoughts?

Group Leader
Why are you translating when your nihongo is akirakani not jouzu enough, my bromodachi?

Fed-Kun's army
@Gravenimage
Initially I thought that this Teru character had done something beyond expectation so maybe something similar to "smart moves"
But yeah, base on what you said, high chance it's just normal meaning.

Fed-Kun's army
@Kanami-chan
I thought doing it would help me to improve a bit faster, and in my defense I'm usually not nearly this bad. Plus the series I'm doing hasn't been touched in a good five or six years, so I don't think anyone will complain as long as I stick to the long abandoned ones.
Thanks for the help @MavB_Ver

Group Leader
Speaking from experience, translating from Japanese isn't the best way to improve Japanese. I mean, it will improve, but your English writing skill will improve more. If you're after a learning, even if painful, experience, force yourself to translate TO Japanese, as unjouzu as it will turn out.

Users who are viewing this thread