Tricks Dedicated to Witches - Ch. 18 - Impossible Circumstances

So the big bad guy is also a time traveler. Maybe they can go back and forth in time? I think it could be the head priest or the past head.
Thanks for the update

Dex-chan lover
Aren't most giant industrial elecro-magnets only able to pull effectively from a few feet away?... Just how powerful is this thing? And it effects the whole arena, yet nobody in the crowd has a single magnetic object?

Well... Otto von Guericke in 1663 did create electrostatic generator and observe pulling effects and so on, but...to pull a knife? No way.
Unless the church took it, improved and hid (for hundreds years) for its own use. And none of the audience have iron objects?

Aggregator gang
i can't believe it's just fucking magnets. i did guess that strings were used though, so yay?

Dex-chan lover
Why do I have the sudden reminder of the fact no one knows how Magnets work fully, so they can be considered as Miracles lol

Dex-chan lover
The head of the Iron Hammer mentions in a previous chapter that he's the one who "gave" the others all their miracles, so it's pretty clear he's also some kind of time traveler too, if he's giving them tricks like electromagnets.

Some goofyass explanations though, lmao. But that's pretty expected to keep the manga interesting, so I'm not upset by it.

Dex-chan lover
@kirby_422

MRI machines are strong enough to pull wheelchairs and stretchers through the air into it from across the room, so the physics is actually (mostly) sound here, though the historical inaccuracy is cropping up again.

Faraday was the one who formed the law of electromagnetism (now known as Faraday's Law), but he wasn't born until 1791...
So, yeah... mostly real physics, but poor history knowledge.

The main physics problem is the sound. magnetic generators make a lot of sound due to the spinning copper coils. The crowd there ought to hear those electromagnets that they are standing over.

Despite all the incorrect historical and other things, i like the story so far and one of my favorite isekai/time travel manga. Thanks for translating!

Contributor
Yeah I think everyone predicted magnets. The electricity is supposed to be the surprising part here. So either they secretly developed this technology or there's another time traveler around

Dex-chan lover
maxresdefault.jpg
vs
maxresdefault.jpg

It'd be hilarious if it really was magic, just magic that produces magnetism so his counter works.

Supporter
I thought it was magnets but I hadn't considered electromagnets, well done. Also the clue with the windows is fair play.

Users who are viewing this thread