TS Eiseihei-san no Senjou Nikki - Vol. 1 Ch. 1

Supporter
well most manga with the GB tag are ignoring everything that could make the tag interesting so I was not expecting it to be use but again I am left to wonder why use it in the first place, will see if anything is done with it

I binge read the whole thing with assistance from GPT-kun which has been proving to be quite reliable in my opinion and oh boy, I recommend everyone to not get attached to anyone but the MC. You can think of it as a mix of 86 and Akame ga kill in a way.

Dex-chan lover
ZnCncEQ.png

He got reborn Welsh, rip

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Well I'll give it a chance, but the genderbent element is unnecessary and worrying.
I hope it doesn't make the same mistakes 'Daybreak on Hyperion' did (it had similar premise to this, isekai'd as girl and forced to fight in a fantasy WW2 war). I found genderbending in that series distasteful and ended up dropping it as a result. It was a shame, cause it did cover the horrors of war aspect well.
Is that on mangadex?

Dex-chan lover
First, discounted Tanya (well, it ripped out everything interesting about Tanya to make it suitable for "shounen" demographic).
Second, 800 grunts for 55 meters. That's pretty fucking cheap. Ever heard of "the price for a mile" or just a relative unknown war called WW1 in general?

Dex-chan lover
"I was sent to the front as I have no talent for healing magic"
Proceeds to immediately learn and be complimented for their skill in healing magic
Riiight...

I like how there's basically no reason for this to be TS or even isekai but it was thrown in there just because that's what popular
It's good for having the protag explain the world to us. Why would an native of the world explain anything, or not understand it and need someone else to explain it to them? This is why isekais are quite good for alien cultures or worlds or what have you, because the protag is as ignorant and knowledgeable as we are.

Granted isekais are only using the same cliche European inspired magical fantasy world over and over to the point that having an iseaki protag is kinda unneeded for any explanations - because how many times do we need to be told what an adventurers guild is and how they work?

As for the TS thing... they're likely copying Tanya the Evil, so can't have too many original ideas now, can we?

Dex-chan lover
did our mc just get assigned the role of being a infantry storm trooper with almost no training nor actual batle experience or does infiltration mean spying?

Users who are viewing this thread