TS Eiseihei-san no Senjou Nikki

Fresh isekai manga with realistic survival skill. Healing power start from zero. Low stamina & strength.

What I don't get is, why MC didn't use his knowledge to train/prepare during orphan phase.
Actually, it's not realistic for him to do all that training/preparing since he didn't actually have any reason to do all that in the beginning

I can feel a faint potential there, but at the moment it's just a VERY, very, very downgraded version of Youjo Senki. Also, if the only thing the protagonist can bring to the table with memories of his past life is to say he/she was a FPS god previously, then it's as worthless as it can get. Even a monkey should be able to dodge obvious traps, but somehow this little shit couldn't, it's below monkey.
Thanks. I'll avoid this one then.

People are saying that this is just a downgraded version of Youjou senki. Here's the thing, it's not.

Youjo senki is an action manga, whereas this feels more like a survival drama manga.

I enjoyed it even though it's only been a few chapters and I think people can enjoy it a lot more if they stop comparing the two.

Dex-chan lover
The fps pro gamer trope is just terrible. Think about it, computer games are made to be fun. What do fps games have to do with survival on a battlefield?
I mean, unless the game he was a pro at was Receiver 2. That game has a lot of useful things to teach you.

Fed-Kun's army
As others said, kind of has a discount youjou senki air about it and then it has terrible art and all the characters seem about as interesting as mud. It....has potential, but at this moment it is woefully underutilized - personally I would just prefer more Tanya and not bother with what feels like the webtoon pirate version, but depending on how it develops it 'could' get good.

I am not holding my breath though, historically speaking the first few chapters of a manga should be what really hooks a reader not leave them going 'well maybe it will get better' because that is not how manga sells work.
I was with you until you said it had potential. I was on the fence the moment the main character was a guy reincarnated into a loli (gross). This garbage can only get worse. I'm dropping it and not looking back.

All these comparisons to a shitty action comedy light novel about a hypercompetent character. The only thing these two have in common is there's a girl in both of them. Are you all stupid? Can you not tell two pieces of fiction apart?

Aggregator gang
I haven't seen much of this one to go on but so far I don't think it's really comparable to Tanya. Beyond being child soldiers they don't (yet) have much in common. I do sort of expect the MC to become a bit more sociopathic and ruthless in order to survive though. $5 says there will be a scene where the reckless commander needs healing and is reduced to begging for it by the pissed off healer tired of their shit. If not, readers revolt.

I'm not sure if the FPS background is ever going to play a role in the future but so far it just seems to be a throwaway background to demonstrate that it really would be useless for someone sent back to fight as an infantryman in WW1. I'm not sure the average FPS would be able to contribute much to the tactical or strategic planning unless they personally had an interest in researching that. Although maybe certain games give more experience on that front.

Dex-chan lover
All these comparisons to a shitty action comedy light novel about a hypercompetent character. The only thing these two have in common is there's a girl in both of them. Are you all stupid? Can you not tell two pieces of fiction apart?
wrong. They have in common: taking place during a war, reeincarnated protagonist that was a man in their previous life and now got isekai'd and gender swapped into a little girl while keeping their memories, and also both incorporate magic. You have the right to be upset when people make that kind of comparison between different pieces of fiction, but it's no wonder they did. That's like making a cartoon about a jolly mouse, no matter how distinct you make, people WILL compare it to Mickey, because Mickey is just the most famous fkin' cartoon jolly mouse.

Dex-chan lover
Man this a realistic anti war manga which is extremely refreshing since most manga almost glorify war.

Dex-chan lover
As others said, kind of has a discount youjou senki air about it and then it has terrible art and all the characters seem about as interesting as mud. It....has potential, but at this moment it is woefully underutilized - personally I would just prefer more Tanya and not bother with what feels like the webtoon pirate version, but depending on how it develops it 'could' get good.

I am not holding my breath though, historically speaking the first few chapters of a manga should be what really hooks a reader not leave them going 'well maybe it will get better' because that is not how manga sells work.
I mean there have been things with awful openings that get good later, but the mixed reviews and everything makes me feel like this is just a way to cash out on Tanya

Aggregator gang
I mean there have been things with awful openings that get good later, but the mixed reviews and everything makes me feel like this is just a way to cash out on Tanya
I think the problem is that people are coming here expecting Tanya but that's not what this story is. I mean, I can only see a couple chapters so far in English but the start at least is genuinely completely different. At least for now we're not seeing the OP MC type of story going. I dunno if it will be good but you're just setting yourself up to be disappointed if you don't recognize that these are different things.

Yeah I don't think I'm reading this one...

Let me know if it's any good in a few months

All the hate, none of the reading-into-it.
Was-a-guy-gamer, now-a-girl-soldier. Signed up for the army, thinking they'd be a foot-soldier, but came out a medic. This is a serious-drama with magic, and trying to survive in a war they should've tried to avoid... But being a gamer, you sometimes think "I'm gonna be a GOD at this!" and find out "Oh shit! This really sucks!"
This MC is just a kid who never had any thoughts about TRYING, while compared to Tanya the Evil's MC is ALL about being the best, surviving, and getting into a safe position to avoid going back out into battle. This MC WANTED to be a soldier, and having a commander WORSE than Tanya as her commander, well... now she's stuck with him, and can't back out at all.
Give it a try, and find it to be FAR more brutal than Tanya, far more personal. I want to see where it takes us with the MC.

Great another retarded MC. WW1 combat is incredibly awful, everyone knows that. Was he living under a rock? Commander attitude is also stupid, I'm surprised he isn't dead yet, if not the enemy then by friendly fire.

Dex-chan lover
and find it to be FAR more brutal than Tanya
Is this supposed to be an endorsement of this manga?

So far, this manga reads like a fever dream, so the easiest way to make sense of it is to compare it to Tanya - and find it on the losing side of the comparison

Users who are viewing this thread