Tsubasa-chan, Kimi wa. Macchingu shita Onna wa Satsujinki - Ch. 22.5 - Series Cancellation Announcement

Dex-chan lover
I was just about tot jump into reading again after sleeping on this for a couple of months. Then I saw what the latest chapter was named and had to check it out. I can’t say this series was particularly amazing or groundbreaking, but it was an enjoyable read. Definitely not the best story, but not bad (I’ve read bad; that’s a really low bar to reach). I like yandere’s and this was enjoyable enough. Though I know when I was reading it, the yandere felt more like a promise and the mystery was pretty much just “trust this strange girl you just met because she says the other one is lying.... and is probably right about that second part”. That said, again I haven’t read in a couple of months (think I was one chapter 16), so I can’t speak for recent chapters. Other than that the main problem with the series was the mc. Not enough common sense, basic intelligence, or healthy levels of confidence (which is pretty much every mc’s problem in most manga; seriously what is Japan’s problem with writing confidence main characters? I mean it’s not like they don’t, but I see it too little, and then it’s usually way too overconfident when I do see it. Like an average mc of normal levels of confidence; that shouldn’t be so novel. Is there something I need to know about Japanese culture and this?).

Regardless of everything having the series canceled because of the author’s health is the worst way a series can get canceled. If it was just the publisher they could bounce back and write a different story or if they really wanted to continue the work and upload it for free or find a different publisher (unless there are laws against continuing canceled works; I don’t know what the copyright laws are in Japan or what manga authors have to sign when their work gets serialized). I like writing stories as a hobby. if the author honestly enjoyed the story he created (whether it was good or not); I can only imagine how painful it would be to not be able to continue it, and then have it canceled because of your own health. I hope he gets better and can do what he loves again soon (assuming he loves it; from what I’ve read the job is far too stressful and low paying to not do it out of love).

Pretty awful manga with nice art and good character designs. Filled to the brim with "please keep reading" type hooks at the end of chapters that tells you the author has no idea where he's taking it, he's just
going chapter by chapter based on a really ambiguous hook that allows him to just make up a bunch of nonsense.

In any case, none of that would justify the author's suffering. I hope he gets recovers from whatever health complications he's having.

Started reading when The Anime Man/ Joey did a video about this manga, sad that this is cancelled. It's not a good story but it's still interesting. Now we'll never know the true ending.

Dex-chan lover
I still dont think this is a good series and didnt get the impression that it wouldve improve in any way, but it always sucks when series gets cancelled like this. Hope the author is okay.

Fed-Kun's army
FUck man. I was enjoying this despite it not being that great, sucks that it ended like this. Hope author gets better.

Fed-Kun's army
thought there would at least be a proper ending...hope series continues again when author gets healthy...

Aggregator gang
Oh shi- damn. Not even a hiatus but cancel? Damn. Hope the author's ok.

Isn't it Author's twitter? https://twitter.com/m060620
If it is, she probably should be okay...

Users who are viewing this thread