Tsugumomo - Vol. 27 Ch. 136 - Death Preparations

Dex-chan lover
y'all really dont like this series anymore huh? while its dropped in my interests since big momma came back, i personally havent had any major complaints about any of the subsequent arcs ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

@Tanith
Let's remember that Kazuya is basically a Gary Stu. The author wrote him like a once in a millennium kind of talent
That was said about Kanaka, who can fight and beat unbeatable monsters even with her bare hands. Kazuya is nowhere near her.

@Xystus@RUD3DUD3
Another isekai arc
Everything "isekai" now for you people, even normal fantasy...

Dex-chan lover
Just fuck them already!

@RUD3DUD3
@ThreeTakeWonder
Not really. They are going to hell. Not some fantasy world. And this time is real, not basically a dream.

@ginongo
Best combination of ecchi and battles. This manga defy the notion that a good action/battle manga cannot be hardcore ecchi.

@TanithG
There is nothing badly written here. As you said his mother, that is the final enemy, is extremely strong. So he must be up to the task.

Dex-chan lover
@Rugid Let's remember the fact that Kanaka saw the potential of Kazuya. She trained him both because of the curse and because he could become someone who could surpass her (which is the only thing that Kanaka desires, someone that can match her)

Dex-chan lover
@Rugid it's literally an isekai, they are going to the netherworld. Please go google what isekai means.

Fed-Kun's army
@Xystus
I see where you're coming from, and generally you are indeed correct....but not in this case.
If the netherworld was a completely detached world, even if you can go there....it would definitely fall into another world thus isekai.
However, the netherworld here is directly connected. So instead of a "world" it's more accurate to consider it a realm of existence that's a part of the same world.

Hmm....to give an example. Bleach treats Soul Society, Hueco Mundo and the living world as different realms connected to the same world. While those realms aren't physically connected to each other, traveling among them isn't considered isekai. On the other hand, (sorry I can't remember it's name) the manga where a guy's apartment is connected to a different world. Even though all he has to do is open his door to get there....they are two totally different worlds that normally aren't connected. And thus it is considered isekai.

Honestly, a virtual world (like .hack or S.A.O.) in my opinion should also not be considered isekai since they also have a direct connected to the world mc and co. belong to. All they are doing is taking their mind and transferring it into another realm of being.

Dex-chan lover
@SingLove I think we all were just misunderstanding one another. What I meant by isekai arc was just in general, being as literal as I said, isekai arc; they were just going to a different world than their own, just like they went into the dream world in previous arc. I didn't mean it as a genre, but as a term coined to point out the destination they were heading was that of not in their real world.

None of these actually matter anyway, the other guy shouldn't be so uptight and anal with me using the term isekai at all, I was just saying it in a manner of discussion, to illustrate what's happening, not saying we are entering the isekai genre.

Fed-Kun's army
@Xystus
Ahhh, gotcha. You meant isekai as in "another world" and not isekai as in the genre isekai. Then ignore that essay i wrote lmao.

@Xystus
it's literally an isekai
It's literally isn't. And neither were all previous instances of dream/novel/amasogi worlds, if we really go anal at it. There's too many ignorant idiots who use "isekai" for anything, be it time travel, fantasy/sci-fi, virtual games, underworlds/heavens, and basically anything that has magic or a little different form "our/real" world, because they didn't read anything else and use literal translation from Japanese as "catch 'em all" term.

Dex-chan lover
@Xystus You're just wrong. The land of the dead in Shinto is not "another world" at all, the living simply can't go there because there's a huge stone in the way. The entrance they're going through in this chapter is said to be a real place somewhere in Japan.

Dex-chan lover
@RexNemorensis

What I meant by isekai arc was just in general, being as literal as I said, isekai arc; they were just going to a different world than their own, just like they went into the dream world in previous arc. I didn't mean it as a genre, but as a term coined to point out the destination they were heading was that of not in their real world.

None of these actually matter anyway, the other guy shouldn't be so uptight and anal with me using the term isekai at all, I was just saying it in a manner of discussion, to illustrate what's happening, not saying we are entering the isekai genre.

can you nerds just focus on the rest of my sentence about the story and drawing instead of nitpicking on the isekai arc???

Another isekai arc but this time it's the one that matters much more. I can't fucking wait for Kukuri vs Kazuya and co, it's gona be so fucking intense. I guess her soul got corrupted somehow and they are forced to fight? But I surely hope nobody is actually dying.

Also people have been saying Murata is the best modern day manga artist but I'd say Murata has the best paneling but not the best drawing; best drawing goes to this motherfucker Hamada. Great anatomy, great shading, great detailings. Murata excel in both shading and details as well but he fell a bit behind in term of anatomy, as evident in multiple Tatsumaki spine problem drawings from my head.

LOOK AT THESE. Discuss about the fucking story not nitpick just because I said it's an isekai arc holy shit what's wrong with you people

Double-page supporter
@Xystus I agree, this mangaka really understands the physics of boobs the human body, but I think Murata's skill is more similar to how a great photographer uses certain angles to better present the subject's allure.

Dex-chan lover
@Xystus There's nothing wrong with me, you're the one who chose to die on a stupid hill. Also I find it amusing that you'd call anyone a "nerd" with a pfp like that.

Dex-chan lover
@RexNemorensis

isekai definition:
Isekai (Japanese: 異世界, transl. "different world" or "otherworld") is a genre of light novels, manga, anime and video games that revolve around a normal human person from Earth being displaced, transported to, reborn or otherwise trapped in a parallel universe, fantasy world, or virtual world, where they must adapt and/or assimilate into this new world, along with its new rules, cultures and philosophies.

Are they going to a different world? Yes, it's the netherworld.
New rules in this new world? Yes, can't eat stuff from there, have to return by the 10th day.
Is it fine to call it isekai arc on a discussion thread casually before they pin down the proper story arc to illustrate the whole situation? Based on above 2 points, yes.

So tell me again why is it wrong to call it an isekai arc when they are travelling to another realm? I'm not saying this has turned into isekai genre. It's still supernatural action ecchi manga as its core. So please, tell me, how was I wrong again?

Also go ahead and disregard the rest of my discussion point about the upcoming fight, art, etc. Yeah please nitpick the isekai. And you wonder why I call you people nerd.

Users who are viewing this thread