Tsuihou Sareta Tensei Juu Kishi wa Game Chishiki de Musou Suru - Vol. 4 Ch. 29

If it was me, I'd make him kneel and apologize to me, IN PUBLIC, IN FRONT OF THE KING. So that his pride would shatter.
Pride is the downfall of mankind after all. It's so that he and everyone would learn about that.

Yeah I don't really get the flashback. But I guess it serves to point out that even bad people can have moments of goodness? It's a great lesson sorta but he doesn't really seem to follow it.

The Count seems to care way more about the power and prestige of his family than the wellbeing of his people. The Sword Saint was literally murdering people for levels in his basement. Sure they might be criminals but seeing how this world is some of them could've been on death row for insulting a noble or something.

Aggregator gang
Yeah I don't really get the flashback. But I guess it serves to point out that even bad people can have moments of goodness? It's a great lesson sorta but he doesn't really seem to follow it.

The Count seems to care way more about the power and prestige of his family than the wellbeing of his people. The Sword Saint was literally murdering people for levels in his basement. Sure they might be criminals but seeing how this world is some of them could've been on death row for insulting a noble or something.

Not only that its quite clear Marisu while a sword saint is quite psychotic. Gee its like almost one needs more qualifications other then having a fancy RPG skill to run a noble household :thonk:

Moreover, I don't think Elma would have responded well if he was forced to kill actual humans for levelling in the duke's basement. Even if he had an fancy skill he probably would have fled the household anyway if he wasn't given any alternatives to level other then killing dudes in basements.

Dex-chan lover
Just started this manga today and I have to say I'm betting our mangaka here is a legit gamer. These buff/activation reqs actually feel legit game-like. In this day and age of off the bat OP isekai/power fantasy MCs its a refreshing change. All that said, it's kind of amusing Luce's last name is Rubis. Rube = slang for bumpkin/clown/fool.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
I knew they'd try a half-baked redemption arc. Feh. It is what it is.

Yes, crit clown incoming! That's exactly what I wanted to see, Shaco Luce best girl
She running a PD2 Max Concelment, dodge & crit build. Just need 3 sielenced pistols and she's golden.

Dex-chan lover
Elma wanted to prove his point, clear the accusations of using the count title, so he can close that chapter of his life! Even him thanking him make sense!
I can be a devils advocate, and claim the father doesn't own him a thing and instead of feeding him, giving him a bed, clothes, education etc. could have thrown him out when born or sold him in slavery when failed the blessing!
Children today are so spoiled and entitled!...in my days...:boomer::kek:

Dex-chan lover
Okay, I have to ask: Is Marisu (Maris?) going to show up again later on, or is this it for her story thread as far as the MC is concerned? If this is it, was this adapted from a LN, and was her role more fleshed out there?
Because to me it seems like there's something more to her proclaimed admiration of Elma that we either haven't been shown yet, or was expanded on in the LN (if there is one) but was skipped over in the manga.

Like, it feels like more than just a combination of psycho/yandere tendencies and a passing admiration of the MC as someone she found to be vaguely worthy of aspiring to prior to their class announcements. It feels more like there's a deeper obsession there, or that she's somehow actually fully enamored with him (note how, upon seeing Elma and Luce for the first time, she immediately locks onto Luce with a "what are you to him") but her personality is/got too twisted for her to treat it normally (which is also something that I feel would normally be explored further in this sort of story).

I'm fine with spoilers if necessary, I just really wanna know if there's more payoff to the buildup around her than just this fight.

Dex-chan lover
Okay, I have to ask: Is Marisu (Maris?) going to show up again later on, or is this it for her story thread as far as the MC is concerned? If this is it, was this adapted from a LN, and was her role more fleshed out there?
Because to me it seems like there's something more to her proclaimed admiration of Elma that we either haven't been shown yet, or was expanded on in the LN (if there is one) but was skipped over in the manga.

Like, it feels like more than just a combination of psycho/yandere tendencies and a passing admiration of the MC as someone she found to be vaguely worthy of aspiring to prior to their class announcements. It feels more like there's a deeper obsession there, or that she's somehow actually fully enamored with him (note how, upon seeing Elma and Luce for the first time, she immediately locks onto Luce with a "what are you to him") but her personality is/got too twisted for her to treat it normally (which is also something that I feel would normally be explored further in this sort of story).

I'm fine with spoilers if necessary, I just really wanna know if there's more payoff to the buildup around her than just this fight.
I'd like a bit more, too. Even as a psycho, Marisu only came out as a two-bit one in the end. There are facts that are contradicting her actions, some of what she says don't make sense, it all just falls flat. On one end, I'd like to learn more of what makes her tick, but on the other, I'd rather not see her again if she's going to keep playing these roundabout mind games with Elma.

Dex-chan lover
I'd like a bit more, too. Even as a psycho, Marisu only came out as a two-bit one in the end. There are facts that are contradicting her actions, some of what she says don't make sense, it all just falls flat. On one end, I'd like to learn more of what makes her tick, but on the other, I'd rather not see her again if she's going to keep playing these roundabout mind games with Elma.
I would also like to know if Marisu appears again in the future, be it as a recurring antagonist or potential ally if she gets her own arc explaining her mentality, fixation on Elma, and a possible redemption arc. Elma's father's spiel is pretty much wrapped up, he didn't have much depth to explore, but I feel like there's a lot more to his sister than what's been shown thusfar.

Given that her name is literally the pronunciation of 'Malice' in romanji though I doubt there's much of a possibility of her becoming a future party member, I think it's far more likely she'll be a recurring antagonist if she has any future appearances, like sort of a Gary Oak type character.

Dex-chan lover
Im honestly surprised Marisu hasnt shown up since this arc. It felt way too out of nowhere to have her be built up and then suddenly shes psycho and then she doesnt show up anymore past this point. even at chapter 66 I thought they might reintroduce her as a potential threat thats plotting the dungeon problems or whatever

Users who are viewing this thread