Tsuihou Sareta Tensei Juu Kishi wa Game Chishiki de Musou Suru - Vol. 5 Ch. 41

Dex-chan lover
I'm guessing it helps that there's a lot of action and not much talking

Dex-chan lover
hmm his skill set doesnt seem like it fit a Heavy Knight lmao
increasing your attack and defense when below X% HP and having a skill that make your defense 0 while increasing your attack by how much def you're missing seems like its a dominantly Berserker-type skill

if it were me, i would give him a Body Slam type of attack where the damage is calculated not from ATK power but from his Def, call it Shield Slam or something instead of that 0 defense skill. That would fit more with his class and its not a double edge sword skill that's more favoured by Berserker classes.

Imagine him stacking all that defense skill bringing his DEF to like 1000 (500 with skill + item stack and double it when below 20% HP) and just release the Shield Slam skill and just OHKO bosses. Still works with how he fight and make sense thematically

But hey that just the D&D Player/Dungeon Master in me talking.

edit: Luce skillset is thematically and synergistically perfect, so kudos for the author for that.

Dex-chan lover
increasing your attack and defense when below X% HP and having a skill that make your defense 0 while increasing your attack by how much def you're missing seems like its a dominantly Berserker-type skill

if it were me, i would give him a Body Slam type of attack where the damage is calculated not from ATK power but from his Def, call it Shield Slam or something instead of that 0 defense skill. That would fit more with his class and its not a double edge sword skill that's more favoured by Berserker classes.

Imagine him stacking all that defense skill bringing his DEF to like 1000 (500 with skill + item stack and double it when below 20% HP) and just release the Shield Slam skill and just OHKO bosses. Still works with how he fight and make sense thematically

edit: Luce skillset is thematically and synergistically perfect, so kudos for the author for that.
Life Shield and Parry/Disarm seem to be the main things MC is leaning on, using alternate mitigation tricks to compensate for danger. Also, disabling the skill with the right timing can be really good for baiting the enemy to leaving themselves open for other members to attack.

A DEF scaling attack would just be objectively better with little in the way of risks. His existing Shield Slam is already really good due to the self-knockback.

Dex-chan lover

Because it isn't, we literally saw an entire arc revolving around him earning money in order to buy the skill book needed to attain that ability. That skill was never meant to be used by the heavy knight, at least not naturally.

Think of it like a TM from Pokémon, as in anybody can learn it, so as long as you have the corresponding item for it.

The entire reason that skill became so broken was because of how it interacted with the heavy knight; with every other class it worked as intended, it just so happened that the devs overlooked the one class that had insane base defense and broke the skill into the OP monstrosity that we just saw.

Though your proposed skill does seem like a nice idea (speaking as another D&D player), maybe we will see it or something similar to it later on as an acquired ability from leveling his other innate skills.

Users who are viewing this thread