Tsuihou Suru Gawa no Monogatari

Dex-chan lover
Calling other people deluded while clearly ignoring facts in the story.
Est doesn't know that it's an misunderstanding so how should he clear it up.
The person who doesn't care to clear up the misunderstanding is our hero Daru. He "tried" in two situations where it didn't make sense to talk to Est because he was clearly in rage. And don't start with "he tried to explain in the guild". First of all, he didn't try to actively clear the misunderstanding but waited until he met him coincidentally somewhere. And even then he still waited until Est was again in an enraged state. Of course Est doesn't behave like a saint but his reaction is understandable after he had been treated like garbage (First she threw him away and claimed that he's useless and when it's obvious that he isn't she like "oh, how are you, long time no see"). Daru is the person who doesn't care about anything except when it's about women (saving friendship between Athena and Est - no. Special training to integrate dragon girl who doesn't fit into party - hell yes).
Wow, completely ignoring the fact that the person he cared for (Athena) treated him like trash, first, because she supposedly cared for him (even though she doesn't give a sh*t what happened to him after she threw him unilaterally out of the party). You got the positions completely reversed.

His fault was to be a nice person and to support the person he loves (you jumped to the assumption that he had to be a "selfish piece of garbage" deep within from the start). What he got for being the good guy is that she kicked him out of the party (because she supposedly cares for him) without talking about the reason and any chance for him to talk things out (speaking of "stuff he did to himself"). He lost his love / best friend, he lost his job, he even lost his home.

Oh yeah, getting angry in such situation is absolutely unreasonable.

And then the author had this great idea to create a scene where Est finds Athena in a compromising situation with a former comrade who knew that he was in love with her. I'm sure you would cheer for them in such a situation.

His conclusions (even if they are wrong) are not random but completely understandable in these situations. Calling his actions (or him) selfish is just nonsense. They are a result of how he was treated/betrayed by his "friends". He's mentally crippled after everything he believed in was taken from him. Expecting him to endure everything with a smile, that's nonsense.

Daru is the "selfish piece of garbage" because it's his job to clear up the situation because Athena doesn't know anything about the misunderstanding and Est doesn't know that it's an misunderstanding. But why should he put any effort into it, if he doesn't get a personal advantage of it? I wonder who's the selfish person here.

I admire your effort trying to interpret this trainwreck of a story to make sense. But I'm sorry, you really put the whole thing upside down. The author had a good idea to differentiate from other banished stories but his implementation was the worst. Rooting for the party (especially Daru) still feels like cheering for the bullies like in all the other banished stories.
Well... there's a really easy way of proving your words. Show me the exact moment in the story where both of those are said. To be clear, show me where these two are explicitly said:

Show me where exactly in the story is this expressly shown, then we can say it's not an assumption. Show me the exact image or a quote from the manga or the LN/WN to prove that this isn't an assumption. Very easy, right? If this isn't an assumption then that would be child's play for you.

Give me the exact moment where it's said that he wouldn't have listened, and that he's already made up his mind. And another where he thought they were lying after trying to clear up the misunderstanding, and him thinking they were weasling their way back. Just show me where those things could explicitly be found and we're golden. If you can't, or if there isn't then what you said is just assumption.
Yeah, I ain't reading all that.

Go have some deep introspection, and stop justifying everything that dude did, simply because "his feelings hurty therefor he's right!"

Double-page supporter
Yeah, I ain't reading all that.
Also a way to "win" an argument if everything one stated as true was invalidated. I guess it's not Est who's childish here.

Go have some deep introspection, and stop justifying everything that dude did, simply because "his feelings hurty therefor he's right!"

Says the person who refuses to discuss counterarguments (maybe because you know that you can't) and turns everything upside to justify all the actions of his former party because "he is so important to them and they just had good intentions".

I read your arguments and answered them. You clearly need introspection because you are the one who refuses to discuss with people with another opinion.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
""Exile" and you're weakened!? A "do-over" fantasy of a failed party!
"Stardust", an up-and-coming party, in order to aim even higher, expels Est, a “burden” of the party members.
But as a result, the party is weakened and Est is awakened!

In this "Serves You Right!" situation, a swordsman with zero motivation and zero pride rises to the occasion!
This is a story about the "Aftermath" of the "Side that Banished Him".""

This description is the most bullshit and hypocritical basis for a story I've ever heard. I've seen better cultivation descriptions better than this!

If not for the fact that the manga is completed, this would've been axed so long ago!

Dex-chan lover
Man, Sumi Kyuu's art style is greatly wasted on this garbage. Their drawing is so damn good, but they're stuck to illustrating such rotten dogshit. I wish they draw for other mangas that better deserve their talent, and get tf away from Monchi02 as much as possible. That shitstain will tarnish Sumi Kyuu's reputation beyond belief if they continue to stick to Monchi02.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Reading this comment section reminds me of when the WN was being published and how much of a shitshow the JP comment section was. Like outright TOXIC, at levels that would put 4chan to shame.

People were creating accounts just to spam trash talk, and it got so, so bad that moderation had to purge many comments AFAIR. Also, I haven't check, but it seems the manga has also received its fair share of trashtalking on the publisher's app.

With time, some people have warmed up a bit to it, considering it "a novel that had good initial potential but with a writer who was too inexperienced to pull it off." And wish for a sequel where the author, now with more experience, could flesh it out better, but I doubt he would want to touch this ever again, lol.

Well, regardless, the WN was highly hated; the manga tanked hard in sales and overall reception (And the LN did worse, although, again, it has managed to garner a minority of fans), so... yeah, a story to forget.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Reading this comment section reminds me of when the WN was being published and how much of a shitshow the comment section was. Like outright TOXIC, at levels that would put 4chan to shame.

People were creating accounts just to spam trash talk, and it got so, so bad that moderation had to purge comments AFAIR. Also, I haven't check, but it seems the manga has also received its fair share of trashtalking on the publisher's app.

With time, some people have warmed up a bit to it, considering it "a novel that had good initial potential but with a writer who was too inexperienced to pull it off." And wish for a sequel where the author, now with more experience, could flesh it out better, but I doubt he would want to touch this ever again, lol.

Well, regardless, the WN was highly hated; the manga tanked hard in sales and overall reception (And the LN did worse, although, again, it has managed to garner a minority of fans), so... yeah, a story to forget.

Turns out people have a better sense than to read trash like this. It's just awful garbage and I wish the group translating it would put valuable effort they're wasting on this into a better title.

Supporter
Woo! We made it! This manga is at the first page when you sort the manga from the lowest rated! Just a bit more and we can probably insert this into the top 10. Just a bit more! Keep up the awesome work everybody!
I just did my part. I actually don't hate this manga as much as everyone else, probably because I can't be fucked to get emotionally invested in stuff and I've read some real garbage, but I am always in for a group effort to drag something down to the bottom.

Group Leader
How is it that they couldn't pull off the bare minimum of protecting a backliner/supporter? Why did the author feel it was necessary to paint Est as a villain? How did he fail to do that so spectacularly?
That has been my argument for the very beginning. The FMC is often praised by Daru as being someone who thinks about her friends and does what it takes to make Stardust a great party, but the moment Est got hurt, she kicked him out because he wasn't strong enough to defend himself WHEN IT'S THE PARTY'S JOB TO DEFEND THE WHITE MAGE!

And then the story proceeds to show how she can't function properly without his buffs, money and inventory management and his overall uplifting presence. But instead of painting that as a learning moment, for the FMC to realize Est wasn't holding anyone back, rather that it was her weakness that caused him to get injured in the first place and she needs to learn to be a good leader, instead the narrative sides with these imbeciles who would rather let their companion die than reveal they're hiding their true power and the bitch who can't operate without him!

Seriously, the fault is entirely on the front liners for not doing proper crowd control and the mage for holding back her true strength when she could have saved him! Est is the only one who isn't at fault here but is the only one being punished!

Double-page supporter
That has been my argument for the very beginning. The FMC is often praised by Daru as being someone who thinks about her friends and does what it takes to make Stardust a great party, but the moment Est got hurt, she kicked him out because he wasn't strong enough to defend himself WHEN IT'S THE PARTY'S JOB TO DEFEND THE WHITE MAGE!

And then the story proceeds to show how she can't function properly without his buffs, money and inventory management and his overall uplifting presence. But instead of painting that as a learning moment, for the FMC to realize Est wasn't holding anyone back, rather that it was her weakness that caused him to get injured in the first place and she needs to learn to be a good leader, instead the narrative sides with these imbeciles who would rather let their companion die than reveal they're hiding their true power and the bitch who can't operate without him!

Seriously, the fault is entirely on the front liners for not doing proper crowd control and the mage for holding back her true strength when she could have saved him! Est is the only one who isn't at fault here but is the only one being punished!
“Oh no my childhood friend got hurty, we must expel him to save him from doing dangerous stuff, but make it as merciless and hateful as possible cuz readers are bunch of morons who probably won’t see through my crappy madeup scenario”
No srsly tho, mercilessly berating him and kicking him out of party to ‘save’ him, while obviously pushing him to do dumb reckless stuff is the dumbest thing ever.

Dex-chan lover
“Oh no my childhood friend got hurty, we must expel him to save him from doing dangerous stuff, but make it as merciless and hateful as possible cuz readers are bunch of morons who probably won’t see through my crappy madeup scenario”
No srsly tho, mercilessly berating him and kicking him out of party to ‘save’ him, while obviously pushing him to do dumb reckless stuff is the dumbest thing ever.
The worst thing is that the author tries so hard to paint the main group as the righteous ones yet instead of making them actually express themselves like normal real people to clear misunderstandings, the author preferred to make them keep lying since the very beginning and never clearing the misunderstandings making them looking even worse each time. The FMC tried to "protect Est" so she wont lose him and ironically she is the one that caused him more damage and is obvious that they will separate at the end. I bet the author wanted it to be a story of two friends that grow apart.... but the trope of "this is not what it looks like" or "I lied to protect you" was overused, used very poorly and actually damaged the narrative instead of helping it.... The author tried to subvert the trope where the MC is betrayed and expelled by his party group by focusing on the point of view of the party group, but he failed to make them likable....

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Why is it rated so low?

Usual trope of unjustly kicking out a party member only for them to turn out mad good. Except the twist is that you follow the banishing party which is just moral grandstanding the whole time and you're supposed to like them. They cuck the kid that was kicked out and it ends with him coming back to admit "Sorry for not understanding that you treated me like a shit for my own good". Though I guess it serves as an excellent manual on how to write a bad manga.

Dex-chan lover
Usual trope of unjustly kicking out a party member only for them to turn out mad good. Except the twist is that you follow the banishing party which is just moral grandstanding the whole time and you're supposed to like them. They cuck the kid that was kicked out and it ends with him coming back to admit "Sorry for not understanding that you treated me like a shit for my own good". Though I guess it serves as an excellent manual on how to write a bad manga.
I've just read up to ch12. I didn't see any cucking in the manga yet. It would be, if he fucked her, but he didn't.

Honestly I can't understand why so many ppl vote so low. There are a lot worse mangas that deserve such low rating, but this one doesn't. The banisher party wanted Est to grow on his own and kicked him because they were worried about him. Est was badly injured once. Unfortunately it seems like Est grew into an asshole edgelord instead.

Double-page supporter
I've just read up to ch12. I didn't see any cucking in the manga yet. It would be, if he fucked her, but he didn't.

Honestly I can't understand why so many ppl vote so low. There are a lot worse mangas that deserve such low rating, but this one doesn't. The banisher party wanted Est to grow on his own and kicked him because they were worried about him. Est was badly injured once. Unfortunately it seems like Est grew into an asshole edgelord instead.
They wanted him to grow on his own (actually Athena is the one who needs growth because she can't do anything without him) by kicking him out and treating him like trash? Logical consequences would have been:
1. he stops being an adventurer abandoning his dream
2. he dies alone in a dungeon (what almost happened)
Due to trope he became OP.

Also, they don't worry about him. After they kicked him out they don't give another thought about him. If he hadn't become OP and famous he would have died in the dungeon and they wouldn't have even noticed. None of his "friends" tried to get in touch with him at any time. They gave up on him or didn't care about him from the beginning.

And why should he be an "asshole edgelord"? I really don't unterstand this reasoning from the supporters of this manga. He just treats them the same way they treated him when they kicked him out. He didn't attack them seeking active revenge or sabotage them. But apparently it's okay from the party's side because they had "good intentions".

Even if it's not real cucking it gives the vibes to the readers: boy is in love with girl, gets kicked out by the girl and a comrade, and catches them in the act.
Even if nothing happened so far, the story clearly leads into that direction: "she's so cute", "oh, he defended me against mean Est" "let's have a date shopping for clothes".
The whole situation could be solved with one talk but Est is kept out of the party intentionally and labeled as the "asshole edgelord" "drunk on power" both by Daru and the author while every reader with a bit of empathy knows why he's pissed. When he became OP the first thing he did wasn't to form a party to destroy his old party but he ran back to his old party to reunite (oh yeah, what an a**hole, he entered without knocking).

What really happens in the story: a "friend" of yours is hitting on the girl you like and you are kicked out of the circle by both of them. There are some misunderstandings but said "friend" is not interested to solve the misunderstandings because he can better hit on the girl if you are "the mean bad guy" and away. But Est is the "asshole edgelord"?

Dex-chan lover
The whole situation could be solved with one talk but Est is kept out of the party intentionally and labeled as the "asshole edgelord" "drunk on power" both by Daru and the author while every reader with a bit of empathy knows why he's pissed. When he became OP the first thing he did wasn't to form a party to destroy his old party but he ran back to his old party to reunite (oh yeah, what an a**hole, he entered without knocking).
I can see what you mean and yes the banishers are also at fault. The "cucking" situation on the other hand shows Est just running away and giving up on the old party completely. In that situation he could just man up and try to resolve by talking.

Read this again: https://mangadex.org/chapter/9a513430-b2e0-4b6b-8b07-0c1eb8885a54/5 If he isn't behaving like an edgelord, then I'll be damned.

Last but not least it's just a fictional manga. Some people take it too seriously, self insert and get mad. Just try to enjoy or leave it.

Last edited:
Double-page supporter
In that situation he could just man up and try to resolve by talking.
Even after they kicked him out he didn't give up on them. That's the reason why he appeared at the house and "caught" Daru and Athena which caused him to finally explode. The problem is that there is nothing for him to resolve. From his point of view the case is closed. His "friends" betrayed him in more than one way. Daru, who knows the truth, could try to resolve the situation (not in the heat of the moment but later) but he simply doesn't care.
Read this again: https://mangadex.org/chapter/9a513430-b2e0-4b6b-8b07-0c1eb8885a54/5 If he isn't behaving like an edgelord, then I'll be damned.
I think getting angry right after seeing your comrade "doing" the girl you like is understandable. Afterwards Est is just doing his thing. It's natural to hold a grudge in such a situation (guild scene).
Last but not least it's just a fictional manga. Some people take it too seriously, self insert and get mad. Just try to enjoy or leave it.
Sure it's a manga. But that doesn't mean that the author can create an absolutely dumb situation and the reader has to take it. Of course the readers try to apply their own logic and moral standards on stories. It doesn't suffice to write he is the bad guy but you have to convince the reader by developing the characters. As it's written now, Est is forced to hate his old party, which doesn't make him detestable because it's understandable. Maybe that's self inserting in your eyes, I call it empathy.

I think many just continue reading because
a) they like suffering
b) they want to see how much worse it can get
c) they hope after an unpopular webnovel and an unpopular lightnovel the mangaka would come to his/her senses and improve the story (I think it actually got worse)

Users who are viewing this thread