Tsuki ga Michibiku Isekai Douchuu - Vol. 13 Ch. 88 - [%’*g0]

Dex-chan lover
Nothing about that was condescending. He was not insulted, he was not talked down on, he was not berated.

If you think "Don't get your nickers in a twist, mate. Not every critique requires a defense" is condescending, you don't understand what condescending is. At all. Literally the most relaxed way of saying "No need to get offended, my critique isn't worth an argument" ever made.
Being rudely dismissive of someone respectfully engaging you seems like pretty ”Dickish” behavior.

Edit: The person respectfully engaging you I’m referring to is the other guy, not me. In case that wasn’t clear

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Being rudely dismissive of someone respectfully engaging you seems like pretty ”Dickish” behavior.
Rudely dismissive in what way? I was making a comment about the author and the way he handled something the story. His explanation of in-universe events and logic did not apply and I explained it as such. That's not dismissive, that's me telling him that we're talking about two different subjects and stopping an argument before it happens.

The next time someone asks me a math equation should I start talking about poetry and the symbology behind it and expect them to engage with that or should I expect them to tell me "That's not what I'm talking about and I'm not interested in that"?

You're picking a fight where none exists.

Dex-chan lover
nope
his parents were hyumans from Kaleneon who begged the Goddess to sent them away
the 2 otherworlders may (or not) be revealed. but it's just trivia at this point.

the thing is, I don't remember that assassination conspiracy in the LN (not during the practical exam, but before the autumn tournament clusterfuck).
can anybody refresh my memory ?

I'm not a novel reader so I was speculating that their identities as "Hyumans from Kaleneon" were assumed/attained as part of their adventure, but apparently the novel readers say that's incorrect 🤷‍♂️

Dex-chan lover
The number of comments saying "homo dragon", "Gay ass homo", etc is honestly concerning and is pretty...icky? I mean, first off, Root apparently doesn't even have a gender and just picks whatever they feel like being. So not only do these comments make no sense, they come off as homophobic.

Dex-chan lover
That dude in the last panel should just beg so he can talk to that girl. Instead, he just blaming others which cloud his judgement.

Dex-chan lover
My commentary has nothing to do with in-universe reasoning, I was commenting on the author describing literal Sociopathy and trying to play it up like it was a positive and unique to Makoto.
But it's not author, it's Root, who is a dragon who isn't only biased, he isn't omniscient also. And my point is that description was specifically made in a way to put Makoto in a bad light. While he do have trait that would become "problematic" later, i don't see them like this. You can't just apply our own measures to another world.

Dex-chan lover
But it's not author, it's Root, who is a dragon who isn't only biased, he isn't omniscient also.
Everything within the story is written by the author to illustrate a point to the audience, I'm making fun of the author and how he's handling information about a character within the story. Root's mental state is completely irrelevant.

And my point is that description was specifically made in a way to put Makoto in a bad light. While he do have trait that would become "problematic" later, i don't see them like this. You can't just apply our own measures to another world.
I'm not applying any measures to anything other than the author and his writing. Legitimate question, do you understand the difference between meta and non-meta? Because it seems like you're having a difficult time understanding the distinction. If you do, then I don't understand why you keep bringing up the in-universe logic.

The in-universe characters, how they feel, what they think, why they think it, the rules of their universe etc. is not relevant to the discussion and at no point will it ever be. You're on a completely different subject altogether, so if you feel the need to tell me how Root or anyone IN the story feels, please understand that I won't be taking any consideration into anything relating to that statement. It may as well not exist and I will be treating it as such.

Dex-chan lover
Everything within the story is written by the author to illustrate a point to the audience
Exactly, and the point is that Root judgment is wrong.
I'm making fun of the author and how he's handling information about a character within the story.
Author is saying "Root have very twisted opinion on 3 heroes".
I'm not applying any measures to anything other than the author and his writing.
You absolutely do. Because none of the mentioned traits, even if those are wrong, make Makoto a sociopath. You apply your own superficial definition to the character and your own definition of sociopathy to the character that don't even actually have those traits. The only thing author wanted so say is how Root sees 3 heroes, nothing less, nothing more.

You missed the point by a lot. Currently Makoto despise hymans because they are selfish, cocky, arrogant, racist (or what is correct world for hating other species) and only able to dominate in the world due to Goddess blessing, which is all true. Also he's firm believer of "treat other like they treat you", so he'll kill anyone trying to kill him.
Bigoted. It's kind of a catchall for discriminating on someone based on any particular trait. Usually having to do with race but not specifically. Although in this case since they don't even think he's hyuman, racist still works.

Dex-chan lover
That is actually eventually explained, but it is a little bit of a spoiler.

Basically, the reason he isn't beautiful like the rest of his family is due to acclimation to the atmosphere of the worlds and the nature of hyumans--their bodies have adapted over time to REQUIRE mana during pregnancy to develop the fetus. After his parents came over, their podies needed time to acclimate to Earth's atmosphere (or how mana works on Earth? I don't recall what exact wording was used). Unfortunately, this process takes multiple YEARS.

• His older sister was born pretty soon after his parents came over (I don't recall if it gets specified, but she may have been conceived in the Hyuman world.
    • At that point, his mother had not acclimated to Earth at all--his older sister is effectively fully hyuman (his mother had enough residual mana to make up for the lack of mana on Earth).
  • He was born at least a year after that
    • His mother was in the middle of acclimating to Earth--which had major consequences for Makoto in his youth
  • His younger sister was born at least a year after he was
    • By the time she was born, his mother had completely acclimated to Earth--his sister is as close to human as a hyuman can get (and needed no mana during development like humans).
(Transferred heroes can use hyuman magic because of the goddess' personal blessings on them.)

That partial acclimation royally screwed up his development in the womb--it's why he's "ugly" (for a full-blooded hyuman) and it's why his magic was messed up and had to be altered by that human healing magic user (if you don't remember this flashback from earlier in the manga, she had to completely sever his connection to some of the elements to keep him from constantly being near-death).

HOWEVER, that is ALSO the source of his power--the reason he was so weak as a child was because he was essentially mana-starved, which spurred his magic power to grow. He was weak and tired because his body was subconsciously using ALL of the mana around him CONSTANTLY to desperately try to make up for the lack of mana while he was in the womb.

It's been a long time since I read any of that part of the WN, so anyone who remembers better, PLEASE feel free to correct me.
if i was a writer, that is the kind of bullshitery i would make up if i was cought contradicting stuff i wrote. i get wn writng is more in line of "live" writing but these authors seriously need an editor, so they dont have to retroactively patch holes with convoluted story putty.

Dex-chan lover
Should we take this more seriously or nah, what do you guys think, I would personally like there to be more to it
db23c79f7413ed3af4c71bf78cc5986b2c66c01eb51dbcca8a1248f0d573c0fb.png
Well he's not human, he's child of two hyumans so he's probably hyman as well. Still strange that he's "ugly". My wild guess it's that he's kid of two previous otherworldlers that escaped. Like they were called by goddes, marked "average" and thrown into the world like Makoto was. Found the dragon, learned how to return and here they are on earth again. Wild guess but why not

Dex-chan lover
Should we take this more seriously or nah, what do you guys think, I would personally like there to be more to it
db23c79f7413ed3af4c71bf78cc5986b2c66c01eb51dbcca8a1248f0d573c0fb.png
what do you mean? That's very much explained in the first chapter. Both his parents are Hyuman, yet he was born on Earth. So he's not actually human but he kinda is. He coming back was the price for his parents to get out

Dex-chan lover
I'm not a novel reader so I was speculating that their identities as "Hyumans from Kaleneon" were assumed/attained as part of their adventure, but apparently the novel readers say that's incorrect 🤷‍♂️
As many have already said, it is explained in the very first chapters of the story.
Makoto's parents served the goddess and as a reward, they asked her to go to another world (human world). Iirc, the woman was already pregnant with Makoto's older sister. In the human world, Makoto's father became a famous novel writer or mankaga who wrote about fantasy stories (probably coming from his own experience).
But here's the catch: iirc, the goddess accepted their request at the "cost" that their prole would, one day, get called back to her world to serve as a hero or something.
Now, i don't remember if Makoto was just unlucky or him being the ugly duckling in the family was chosen as the "sacrifice".

If you don't trust the answers given to you from multiple people (or simply don't want to read 6 pages of comments), just re-read the first few chapters of the manga

Dex-chan lover
If you don't trust the answers given to you from multiple people (or simply don't want to read 6 pages of comments), just re-read the first few chapters of the manga
It's been like half a decade so I genuinely forgot, it's not coming from laziness or ignorance. This series dumps so much text every chapter that it gets hard to keep track of. Appreciate the correction, though I'm not sure why it's so accusatory. There are people in this thread still posting comments about "The homo dragon" when it was explained a chapter ago that Superior Dragons don't really have a gender and take whatever form they want, but sure, I'm the one being willfully ignorant.

Users who are viewing this thread