Tsuki ga Michibiku Isekai Douchuu - Ch. 95 - The Talented Secretary Wants to Be Chewed Out!

Dex-chan lover
That's understandable if it's towards the people who are already in the demi-plane. But it's not appropriate for interviewing the new residents.

If he wants the place to be peaceful, he should makes sure that the newcomers aren't going to ruin that peace. Did he forget the incident where the 3 people he brought caused explosions and killed 2 residents?

Similar to when you rent out a room in your house. You want to make sure they don't end up ruining your house, so you set up some rules and expectations.

He didn't need to be too stern like in his teaching mode. But he also shouldn't have been that casual.
Newcomers don't don't get to talk to Makoto, anyone being interviewed by him have already passed all the background checks and interviews of his subordinates, and have been officially endorsed by one of his three contractees.

Dex-chan lover
No, I didn't forget. Yes, they were recommended by his trusted subordinates.

But just because they are trusted, it doesn't mean they never makes mistakes. They might overlook something, and that something might be a deal breaker for him. As their lord, he's still responsible to review their actions. Sure they can kick the newcomers if they cause issue. But what if he is too late to notice and something irreversible happen?

He was being irresponsible.
And yet he wasn’t. He was trusting his friends and Allies to have done the proper checking on these groups. In fact if he had acted suspicious of these three new groups then his family and friends might think he doesn’t trust them and could sow seeds of possible discord between everyone. This would not end well for the group.

Think of it this way. Those three are his scouts and they verified that the information was right. Would it not make more sense for a commander to accept the reports of his scouts rather then having to go verify it himself? A great commander trusts in his competence of their subordinates and the information they gather (unless he’s given a reason to not trust them).

Let’s put it another way. Why would he have any reason to distrust the information they gathered? All three of them are quite competent so there’s no reason for him to not trust what they say about these three groups.

Dex-chan lover
And yet he wasn’t. He was trusting his friends and Allies to have done the proper checking on these groups. In fact if he had acted suspicious of these three new groups then his family and friends might think he doesn’t trust them and could sow seeds of possible discord between everyone. This would not end well for the group.

Think of it this way. Those three are his scouts and they verified that the information was right. Would it not make more sense for a commander to accept the reports of his scouts rather then having to go verify it himself? A great commander trusts in his competence of their subordinates and the information they gather (unless he’s given a reason to not trust them).

Let’s put it another way. Why would he have any reason to distrust the information they gathered? All three of them are quite competent so there’s no reason for him to not trust what they say about these three groups.
Remember the hyumans adventures that cause explosion? The one who suggested bringing them to the demi-plane in the first place was Tomoe.

Remember the teacher application? Yes, the one that made the mistake was essentially Rembrandt. But to Shiki, it makes more sense that Makoto applies for a teacher position, so he didn't inform him about the mistake. But that's totally not what he wanted.

Checking their works is not a sign of distrust. People simply make mistakes, and it's important to double check on a decision. Especially if he really wants the best for the demi-plane. In fact, the rest agreed that Mio's recommendation was wrong.

This has been an issue with everything, but he left too many things to his subordinates. He is being irresponsible as a leader.

Dex-chan lover
Well, from what I hear, it's illegal for the anime to go further than the manga. It's to protect the author, if you want to know before everyone, buy the book.
It's more probable that it's the translation that is behind, for whatever reason.
No, it isn't. Maybe about going further than the original source material (the LN), but not the manga (that is a separate medium).
Also, the TL team is caught up to the raws of the manga. This chapter released 9-10 days ago.

Dex-chan lover
That's inconspicuously grim if so because that would mean Emma's outburst indirectly caused the demise of those who perished after the meeting.
Why I feel bad it happens, I also don’t feel bad about it.

If you can’t respect the rules of the host, you have no place inside the community you wanted to join.

You don’t want unnecessary apple of discord tearing down the life of your own citizen.

Dex-chan lover
"I can't use healing magic" proceeds to clear status ailments... What part of curing petrification isn't healing? I can understand the anti-petrification being classified as a buff, but cure-type magic is categorized as healing.
I think they already shown that curses or negative effect magic won’t work with makoto.

Something about his mana is big as an ocean, a few buckets worth of mana wouldn’t phase him.

I think what he does is probably injecting more mana in his spell to counter petrification. He also can heal other target just fine, it just healing spells does not work on him very well.

Dex-chan lover
Remember the hyumans adventures that cause explosion? The one who suggested bringing them to the demi-plane in the first place was Tomoe.
Err no she suggested allowing people in and she had no part is who came in or not. She didn’t select those people and allow them in after inspecting them.

Remember the teacher application? Yes, the one that made the mistake was essentially Rembrandt. But to Shiki, it makes more sense that Makoto applies for a teacher position, so he didn't inform him about the mistake. But that's totally not what he wanted.
Not sure how this is relevant as Shiki wasn’t the one who did it and the reason why he went with it cause Shiki trusted Rembrandt was competent enough to do it (although I think Morose the butler was the one who actual did the mistake seeing as we had the scene where he talked about how bad his eyes were now). This is different from Shiki being the one the scout that group and inspect them to make sure they’re good to recommend.

Checking their works is not a sign of distrust. People simply make mistakes, and it's important to double check on a decision. Especially if he really wants the best for the demi-plane. In fact, the rest agreed that Mio's recommendation was wrong.
Actually it is. It’s a sign that a boss doesn’t think their subordinate was competent enough to do a good job.

This has been an issue with everything, but he left too many things to his subordinates. He is being irresponsible as a leader.
a good leader delegates tasks to people best suited to them. That is simply what he’s done with the three of them.

One of the worst types of bosses are the micromanager ones that you are describing, and saying Makoto should be, where they stick their nose into every little thing and cause large disruptions in the work flow.

Dex-chan lover
7779c276aaea2c36eb46a3e01454243a.jpg

Fed-Kun's army
The slightly-better-bugs ended up getting the boot, but they were pretty adorable! Emma's a 10/10 as the all-purpose manager, though!
Thanks for the translations so far!

Dex-chan lover
That's inconspicuously grim if so because that would mean Emma's outburst indirectly caused the demise of those who perished after the meeting.
That's only because the manga only painted them as playful, but they are quite prideful as well. After going back and forth with Emma, they left to prove they can drive out the monsters that invade their forest.

Double-page supporter
I like that the manga is a close 1:1 to the LN but man... I want to see the tournament and Zara roasting the ever living shit out of Makoto.
Saw it in the anime and I don't know how the hell he didn't go full murderhobo and wiped the entire trader's guild... At least threaten him to a slow painful death if he meddled too much.

Dex-chan lover
Err no she suggested allowing people in and she had no part is who came in or not. She didn’t select those people and allow them in after inspecting them.

Not sure how this is relevant as Shiki wasn’t the one who did it and the reason why he went with it cause Shiki trusted Rembrandt was competent enough to do it (although I think Morose the butler was the one who actual did the mistake seeing as we had the scene where he talked about how bad his eyes were now). This is different from Shiki being the one the scout that group and inspect them to make sure they’re good to recommend.

Actually it is. It’s a sign that a boss doesn’t think their subordinate was competent enough to do a good job.

a good leader delegates tasks to people best suited to them. That is simply what he’s done with the three of them.

One of the worst types of bosses are the micromanager ones that you are describing, and saying Makoto should be, where they stick their nose into every little thing and cause large disruptions in the work flow.
https://mangadex.org/chapter/d8787006-f57e-41f3-ad58-90635b999ea3/4

What I meant about Shiki is that he allowed a "mistake" to go through, simply because they have different expectations. Shiki thinks it's not questionable for Makoto to be a teacher. But it's a mistake from Makoto's perspective.

And again, checking on subordinates' work is not a sign of distrust. It's just that important to double check on decisions. Yes it can be an issue if he checks every little thing. But inviting a newcomer that have the potential to ruin your peace isn't a little thing. He still has a responsibility as the de facto top person to inspect them personally.

I agree about micromanager being the worst though. And that's not what I wanted from him. But again, inviting a newcomer isn't a little thing where he should totally hands off.

Anyway, I agree to disagree.

Fed-Kun's army
We're gonna have an entire division of tall glasses wearing gorgons. F:SN trained me for this

Users who are viewing this thread