Tsuki ga Michibiku Isekai Douchuu - Vol. 8 Ch. 52 - Game Over

Dex-chan lover
This has a fleshed out world for me. Different povs, interesting backstories! Whine all you want but I ain't gonna stop loving this.(except poor boy trashmoki)

did he get back stabbed or will he finally meet the other isekai people

Dex-chan lover
Okay so... The MC is OP without the divine protection right? I mean from the very first chapter he is literally dumped from the sky by the goddess, so what blessing that he got? Or he's just purely overpowered?

@musicfreak12 MC did not get blessings from the Goddess of this world, but rather from the Moon God of his world which was responsible for transferring him out of pity for him, when the God heard his circumstances.

Basically, it was all the blessings the God can give to Makoto because he felt sorry for him and also Makoto also showed respect and reverence to the God before he was transferred.

And because the Moon God is a higher ranking deity compared to the Goddess of this world, his powers are extremely OP in the first place and with some experimentation, Makoto found out his mana pool can be continuously expanded, by doing his favourite hobby.

damn, how much longer should i read about these heroes, there is absolutely no stake in the last few chapters as the heroes aren't really well fleshed and developed, at least in the manga, there's probably parts cut out from the novel that would make you feel invested in the heroes

in fact the goddess and every human is such a prick, i'm rooting for the demon's victory

Fed-Kun's army
damn, I thought I'd see him teleported in this chapter, but it only happened right at the end. I feel like I was tricked. :[

Double-page supporter
Let me guess: he got transported to the battle zone by the goddess or something like that.

@Shelly i bet we won't see him until late in the next chapter, and probably he won't fight the 3rd company general until late in the 54th chapter or even 55th

Dex-chan lover
We're finally getting back to the MC? Fingers crossed

Dex-chan lover
@KRXN:
This is the first time Makoto get kidnapped, get thrown into the battlefield, and later drop a nuke arrow that earn him the nickname "Devil"

The event you're thinking of is the 2nd time and by then Makoto already made some countermeasure against the kidnapping.
In that 2nd 'summon', the demons make direct assault against the countries' capitals aiming for the heroes, or rather specifically trying to kill Hibiki for her ability to lead/inspire the mass.
The goddess basically used Makoto as her divine intervention to save Hibiki (as well as destroying this fort here to make the demons pull back)
Also in that one Shiki also got pulled with Makoto.

@indiver: This is the chapter where the ring is used (though I think this is the WN version so there's some differences)
https://isekailunatic.com/2016/01/13/chapter-71-ring/

Fed-Kun's army
good news guys! the new chapter of web novel is released after long periode of hiatus!

To those of you that don't understand why people don't like this arc:

Having a focus on different characters isn't the issue here. The problem stems from those particular characters and the situation they are in.

First characters, the heroes point of view is ... downright stupid. One view the world he lives in as a video game the other thinks discrimination is just going away by magic in a hundred year and therefore feels justified in enslaving them. This is beyond stupidity ... buuut that's kind of the point, having those heroes a warped view of the world will make for interesting conflicts later.

So far this series relied on having interesting characters so having those taking the focus feels like a break in how the story is being told. You could offset that with the war however. Conflict between the demons could be interesting, however there is issues in the reason for the conflict.

Why are we fighting ? Well ... we were told demons is bad. And ... that's it. That's the reason.

What are the stakes of the fight then ? Well ... if the heroes win they gain a stronghold in their fight against demons, but if they lose well ... nothing happen ? The status quo is maintained.

So we end up with un-engaging characters with no reason to fight nor stakes. This current arc has everything against it. And this is why so many people don't like it.
Comparison was made with other stories saying "well it happen in other stories that there is focus on different characters" Sure, but in those cases the side stories are interesting. At the end of the day, stories are meant to entertain, and this current one do not. Because we are totally detached from those characters, their reason to acts.

And if you open a parenthesis in your story and its not entertaining well ... your readers will be upset, that's normal.

Dex-chan lover
finally the stupidly long conversation between heroes are ended, it wasn't suppose to be this long in webnovel version though.

@vaur you make good points but the war does have significance.
The demons previously conquered that land which was formerly owned by a human kingdom (unnamed) and it is rough terrain making it a perfect staging area for an invasion and is easily defendable. The two kingdoms are now fighting a coalition to split up this formerly human land and push the threat on their doorstep back.
In reality the greatest disadvantage the demons have is that they have to enforce population controls to prevent starvation, so allowing them access to food (which makoto is doing behind the hyumans back anyways) would mean the demons can put more soldiers on the battlefield, obviously a bad thing for the hyumans.

I also want more makoto less side characters but unfortunately...
it gets worse but instead of the obnoxious heroes we get the guild master and shiro for multiple novel chapters at a time which probably translates to a whole lot of supporting-characters-doing-intrigue chapters

Double-page supporter
An idiot hero and a naive hero that's what we call the perfect heroes, someone that's naive and idiot who will follow every order.

Users who are viewing this thread