Under Ninja - Vol. 11 Ch. 97 - Aah, The Days Of The Young Shinobi

Dex-chan lover
Dom singing it is really weird. I assume Alexie isn't hypnotized because he is a new guy, Igarashi is a rogue, and Ten because Kumogakure stuff. Everyone else a career Ninja who went to NIN school, where as he seems like he is barely trained. If it was something related to the foreign division they probably would have gotten Alexie too. I wonder if it will turn into one of those Joke character is actually strong tropes if he is reveled to be a sleeper agent.

Dex-chan lover
Lol so it's Kato under there. The UN suit may look a bit dumb, but those Crysis artificial muscles poking under cloth belie its true strength. Don't know if its salvaged from Nijiro's busted suit when they escaped. The earlier ones used by Saruta and Kiryu just look like they are more for concealment purposes
Dom singing it is really weird. I assume Alexie isn't hypnotized because he is a new guy, Igarashi is a rogue, and Ten because Kumogakure stuff. Everyone else a career Ninja who went to NIN school, where as he seems like he is barely trained. If it was something related to the foreign division they probably would have gotten Alexie too. I wonder if it will turn into one of those Joke character is actually strong tropes if he is reveled to be a sleeper agent.
Hard to say, could after joining UN they undergo de-brainwashing? Or could be a story flag saying Kato, Ten, igarashi and Alexei are made of sterner stuff and resisted the brainwashing in the first place.

Fed-Kun's army
The Family Guy won't be affected by brainwashing bullshido jutsu, but how could a brainless muscle dude, Dom-peridone be brainwashed. Interesting...

Fed-Kun's army
Lol so it's Kato under there. The UN suit may look a bit dumb, but those Crysis artificial muscles poking under cloth belie its true strength. Don't know if its salvaged from Nijiro's busted suit when they escaped. The earlier ones used by Saruta and Kiryu just look like they are more for concealment purposes

Hard to say, could after joining UN they undergo de-brainwashing? Or could be a story flag saying Kato, Ten, igarashi and Alexei are made of sterner stuff and resisted the brainwashing in the first place.
Also remember that the one who basically scouted Alexei was Sasama, who's also with UN, maybe she could tell that he could end up as an ally

Dex-chan lover
The Family Guy won't be affected by brainwashing bullshido jutsu, but how could a brainless muscle dude, Dom-peridone be brainwashed. Interesting...
I think he's just singing for the fun of it. :pacman:
but then again, we we know nothing about Dom's background so it could be any reason at all

Dex-chan lover
So there's a significance in not singing
Possibly?
Igrashi probably doesn't know the song since his training had him locked in a room the whole time before he escaped. Foreigner only just started formal ninja training so he might not know it either. It seems like Ten SHOULD know the song, but maybe he doesn't for an unknown reason?

Double-page supporter
Well, Igarashi (and possibly Kato?) were Shirunin - spending their time at Ninja school locked up being used & abused -- they probably didn't get to do fun group activities like "Buried Alive" or "Sunk in the Pool" like Konbini-kun and friends.

Interesting that Suzuki resists joining in until towards the end, she really is a talented kunoichi. As for Dom... I think he's just gaga for any "Ninjya" stuff he can get into :D

Possibly?
Igrashi probably doesn't know the song since his training had him locked in a room the whole time before he escaped. Foreigner only just started formal ninja training so he might not know it either. It seems like Ten SHOULD know the song, but maybe he doesn't for an unknown reason?
Juro forced Saruta and Nekohira to run errands for him in school because he didn't want to interact with people, he didn't even remember Suzuki was his classmate. It probably prevent him from getting brainwashed.

Dex-chan lover
I think Dom just wanted to sing because he is weeb like that

Dex-chan lover
I think this manga is very silly but also very cool how it subverts your understanding of "jutsu" and really any special technique in a battle shonen setting. Any form of mental manipulation is what gives you the edge in battle that is decided in a split second.
Peeing on command to detect invisible enemies, letting your dick hang out as a distraction. It feels both grounded in reality and fantastically silly giving it the unique vibe.

Dex-chan lover
I think this manga is very silly but also very cool how it subverts your understanding of "jutsu" and really any special technique in a battle shonen setting. Any form of mental manipulation is what gives you the edge in battle that is decided in a split second.
Peeing on command to detect invisible enemies, letting your dick hang out as a distraction. It feels both grounded in reality and fantastically silly giving it the unique vibe.
Hypnosis are extremely subtle as well.

Dex-chan lover
This chapter sold me on Dom once more. I'm latching onto this blunt and loveable oaf and hopefully his absurd plot armor (?) lets him survive far into this story.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread