Until I Become Me

Dex-chan lover
thank you smileyGuy
giphy.gif

uhh i dont wanna be picky but does anybody know if stay at home are still gonna scanlate this series? i enjoy how they do it a lot more (visually & i like their cute intro pages). i'm gonna avoid reading smileys version since i feel like the vibe, nuance and seriousness of the topic just feel worse (personally) so can someone lmk if theyre still doing it?

Idk but why do i feel like smileys being bullied by the other scan group? Its clearly been uploaded by a fan, ive also talked to smiley before and hes really cool about respecting this group. Whats all this about pulling the plug if smiley uploaded here, its as if you guys never trusted him to begin with. I dont want to cause drama but what is really going on here?

Group Leader
@mendics You don't want to create drama, even as you try to.
To be super clear, even though I feel I have been in all the places I posted about this: there is no beef between us and smiley. We asked that he leave us mangadex, and he agreed, even though he could have disregarded our request and done it anyway, and we'd just have to accept it then. But he generously agreed, expressing he liked reading our version, and didn't want his version to hurt ours.
For the readers, this was also a great compromise: you get to read whichever version you want. Ours here, his on facebook or wherever else he wanted to post. It was a no lose situation. The world gets translations fast and gets translations done more deliberately.
This uploader upended that and you know now that we are contemplating stopping, which has some people upset but I think anyone could understand why, if few will bother to read it a second time.

Group Leader
And by the way, if I were smiley and, in a parallel universe, I decided I wanted to publish to mangadex, I'd be upset too. You don't just dump 30+ chapters of a series all at once! For many different reasons, people drop series when that happens because you're giving them homework, so they put it off and eventually lose interest. Personally I think the best release schedule if you have the backlog to do it is one chapter per day if you want maximum engagement. So that's another dimension to this.
PS. I didn't say this anywhere else, so I'll throw it here: it is a minor point, but the uploader didn't even bother categorizing the volumes properly.

Holy glorious chapter spam, Batman!
Thanks!

This is one of the few “medical gender swap” stories I like.

The problem is obviously on the uploader not about any of the scanlators but what is this emphasis on focusing about other versions of the translations instead of the actual series? If you guys really wanted to provide qualty scanlations for the readers and like the series then why is this problem causing this much concern, just ask the uploader to remove it then continue again. Clearly people want your version what else do you want? As for why im saying this , i just feel like the need to give respect for smileys work here, he has nothing to do with any of this. If you guys ever stop he'll be blamed for it i believe.

Group Leader
Ok, I just woke up 5 minutes ago and I see all my facebook chapters suddenly published here, can someone explain xD?

Someone put it up, stay at home thinking if they should continue and thats it.

thank you for the translator and uploader. It's good reading this manga on new year eve

Seeing the quality of the translation improve after every chapter feels like watching a son grow up to be a man, lovely
I just wish they uploaded this with SmileyGuy's consent

I'm not gonna bother with scanlators' drama, this manga is not Fairy Tail where I can somehow understand it with my shitty Japanese so I'm just gonna drop everything and be done with it.

@urugiru
" people drop series when that happens because you're giving them homework"
Personally I disagree here, I myself put off reading things so I can "binge" through the entire thing at once.

At the very least I hope you continue uploading, I'm not the best at grasping things and I found your 'version' (approach?) at it easier to do that with.

Dex-chan lover
@urugiru

I sort of assumed your group just dropped this entirely since there weren't any posts in two months when I started reading smiley's translation instead, was that not the case?

@urugiru please don't stop, I was super happy to see another group was handling this since it was really difficult to read Smiley's early translations. I'm definitely going to wait until yours are posted to read any more of this. Thank you so much for all of your hard work!

Users who are viewing this thread