Urami Koi, Koi, Urami Koi

The art is nice, but yeesh is the writing bad. Relationships, emotions, nothing works like this comic. Instead the writer just throws in every cliche without even understanding what they mean. It's hard for me to hate a cat comic, but this is the one.

after reading the first chapter this looks really bad....

the trope of "dumb protagonist who can also perfectly navigate any and every possible situation" is such a fucking cop out for writing an actual character. THIS MC IS NOT A PERSON, he is a walking plot device who is just smart enough to progress the plot when needed, but also dumb enough to explain every plot hole with "stupid". We are not here to read about a story, we are here to passively wear the MC like a cheap suit and live vicariously through his actions.

fuck any story with this type of protagonist, fuck the story, fuck the author, and fuck the editor who allowed it to print.

Aggregator gang
What the hell are you talking about? A story is there BECAUSE its meant to be read and enjoyed. If you only read a story JUST to re-enact some MMO desire of being another person, then you have failed to understand why a story even exists. You want to live vicariously through others, you won't find that in books or manga. You will only disappoint yourself further by doing that.

Honestly, I find it really disturbing that's why you think a story should exist. Escape for reality? Sure. Enjoy a tale of wonder and excitement? Naturally. Identify with some of the characters? That happens. But to place yourself in the shoes of the MC as if you are them? Not why its there. Video games and certain movies can do that job way better. Books and manga? Not so much.

i think i was supposed to feel sad in the latest arc or something?

Nep

Dex-chan lover
@CucarachaEnojada <Did I get that right? I felt like I was playing a tongue twister.

Just wanted to make a joke reply that the latest, worthy osananajimi character is...

Osana Najimi (Komi-san)

The whole MC abandoning his childhood friend who clearly has a crush on him because some random chick just appears in his life trope really pisses me off.

Dex-chan lover
Premise and ratings look promising but comments convinced me to put this in Plan to Read Hell until someone convince me to read this.

Dex-chan lover
@Dandan_the_Dandan.

TBH this manga isn't like most, the inital premise seems Romcom or slice of life. But it is actually written as a shounen adventure in its story structure. They tried to collect a whole bunch characters into a party as quickly as possible giving them tropes to skip over their character introductions to slowly add character developments afterwards. They didn't the meld it correctly, but you might enjoy if you read it as an adventure type story instead.

There is some significant character development but spoilers and not all characters from the 12clans are revealed as of yet.

Also yes the lolis are cute in this manga but don't expect fanservice they are only for "petting" as they should be.

so either netsuho's memories were erased and she was put under a compulsion... or the hateful cat is an natural entity that is magically reborn every generation, and natsuho is this generation's cat while fuyuho was the last one

Aggregator gang
@Zenith_Tempest: Except Fuyuho is still alive and never died, so I'm not sure how that works. My theory is that Natsuho was "split-off" from Fuyuho for yet-to-be-explained reasons but now that Fuyuho is back in action is looking to bring her back as one.

This manga now has 32 chapters and I can say I like how Akitaka worked on this.

Story-
cliche but let's not forget that characters and settings are part of the story. I like how Akitaka added the 'tsundere' character to make a twist on the main storyline. The progression is not hurried nor is it dragging. The author makes sure that each conflict that arises are being addressed. There's not too much drama nor is there to much psychological analyzation. The story may be light but it is amusing enough at least for someone that has the tendency to get bored on too much drama that doesn't have a strong backbone story.

Art-
I am not an artist so I am judging this based on an amateur's POV. I think the backgrounds and characters were properly drawn.

Character-
I think I've already said it earlier, but I like how Akitaka bundled these characters together plus we don't get to see only the main characters conflicts and growth but also the supporting characters.

Enjoyment-
Light and cliche but definitely not boring. It's true (just like in language), it's not what you say, it's how you say it. The story is common but the manner in which it is told and the characters that bring life to it give it a breath of fresh air.

Overall - 9 - It's still ongoing, so I think I'll look into whether the author will be able to be consistent in creating the right progression for the story and growth for each character. I hope this doesn't turn into just like other mangas that started god but ended up like it was rushed.

https://twitter.com/akihigh001/status/1153138665008189440

The final chapter of this series was released a few days ago. The tankoubon volumes 11 and 12 will be released simultaneously this coming winter and will be the last ones.

Contributor
https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2019-07-29/akitaka-urami-koi-koi-urami-koi-manga-ends/.149474

Dex-chan lover
Man, what a ride. Can't wait for the final volume to be translated.

Fed-Kun's army
This manga in a nutshell:
FamiHJ8.png

Users who are viewing this thread