Urasekai Picnic - Vol. 4 Ch. 19 - Time, Space and a Middle-aged Man VI

Dex-chan lover
Wasn't really expecting our heroine to be THAT specific type of messed up

I'm guessing the kerosene is a reference to some sort of cult suicide or ritual punishment?

This was the point in the LN where I went from "Sorawo's pretty messed up" to ". . . all things considered, she's doing pretty well." It really does provide a pretty good explanation for why she is the way she is. And I love how she treats it like no big deal, despite it being obviously traumatic.

The kerosene bit is something I've never understood, though -- it's not explained in any more depth in the LN, either here or later
when she has a similar conversation with Toriko
. Is it a reference to something?

Dex-chan lover
mhm I also assumed she was gonna burn everyone down
man so no wonder she's like this
so the wiggly waggilies tap into the person's mind?

also I find kozakura pretty cute when she's scared...

I also thought she was going to burn the house with everybody inside, but that'd mean she becomes a killer and suicidal at the same time, which has kind of no logic seeing how she thinks of her problems as no big deals... maybe a way of getting rid of them cause they were a hassle? But I don't get it at all, it's not a bad thing tho, I don't expect to understand everything

Jesus, Sorawo. Did she manage to convince herself that her past was normal because of her obsession with supernatural stories? I doubt that this all serves only to explain why Sorawo is who she is; I'd be surprised if the existence of this cult wasn't relevant later on. It seems especially suspicious that the authorities didn't let her see the bodies.

I love the art whenever they encounter Kunekune. The abstraction, the way even the panel layout breaks down. Not that the artist didn't also do interesting things with Hasshaku-sama and the simulacra cow, but they haven't had effects quite on the level of the Kunekune. Sorawo seems to understand it better with each encounter, but that could be somewhat dangerous. Still, I'd like to see the main characters develop more physical changes at some point.

@CrispyCkMoe I think the "no big deal" attitude is something she's adopted over time, as a way of coping with it. Probably not how it seemed back then.

@Kleptocracy
Yeah, the burn down the house explanation makes sense. I just wondered if it might be something else.

Dex-chan lover
maybe satsuki was main protagonist from different future (the future where she forced to join the weird cult)

and the cult have incredible artifact (satsuki route)

Dex-chan lover
or maybe there's countless time loop . that's why the stalking photograph and satsuki..........

Sorawo's past is super creepy wow,

Also, am I the only one thinking the girl Sorawo saw in her dream and the weird accident that killed her family might be linked? Cause its weird to have an accident like this, especially since she wasn't even allowed to see the bodies, this was suspicious.

Geez, Sorawo would probably call 2020 no big deal. Her past is intriguing, though - wouldn't be surprised if the cult was related to the Otherside.

Dex-chan lover
wow ok I expected Sorawo's past to be kind of weird since she adapted so quickly to the Otherside, but not this messed up.

Thanks to this manga I bought all the books on kindle and they are so good. But somehow the manga makes it even better. I can't wait to see more.

Ty!

INteresting backstory, love this story so much! Hope the anime is at least as good as the manga!

Users who are viewing this thread