Urasekai Picnic

Fed-Kun's army
I really feel sorry for the anime adaptation. The prod staff is really incompetent. How could they mess it up like that :'( Would have been better if they didnt adapt it if theyll just gonna screw it up. How vexing.

cst

@Kcjpunk
This is one of those (not rare) cases when novel>manga>>anime.
As long as you read the novel/manga - the anime could be ok as a moving picture (literally) illustration with nice music and pretty good VA, but if you try to get into this story with the anime - I pity you.

Group Leader
@cst then I will give a manga try I was actually looking for anime to watch while I eat dinner at night lol

The anime's perfectly fine in my opinion. It's a perfectly alright adaptation. It differs from the source in some ways, but I don't think the material suffers from it. If you want to get into this through the anime, that's how I did and I don't regret it.

Fed-Kun's army
ya, such a shame that the anime is mediocre at best :/ the LN/manga are SO GOOD and this really is such a unique series from setting to genre than the usual harem/isekai/romcom bs anime/manga are filled with. It deserves a better adaptation and popularity than what it got with the anime :<

Dex-chan lover
is this a heavy yuri or just sum sidedish shoujo ai yuri with sci-fi plot?

Dex-chan lover
It's heavy yuri. Definitely slow burn, but expect it to get there eventually.
I see, thanks! Not that the story is not interesting but, just wanted to know if its just subtle yuri or a bit of passive yuri just to make up for its rom genre.

Fed-Kun's army
From art, lore, character development, everything is well made. I cant predict how the story will go at all, but I love how the story goes. This is the first time I've read a manga with a GL tags without romance as the main genre. I like how it focus on the mystery lore and add a little bit GL as bonus. As a GL, mystery, and fantasy stories fan, I'm so satisfied. I have everything I want in one manga.

Man. I gotta get into stalker at some point. Thank god steam summer sale starts today and the movie was put back onto youtube

Urasekai Picnic novel #8 is thermonuclear levels of enriched happiness. Dare I hope the manga makes it that far.

I have comeback after letting it update but man what a cliff hangar this is the first shoujo manga which im really invested 💜💜

Is the novel finished or still ongoing if it finished can i get spoilers please
It's ongoing as far as we know, though vol 8 does seem like it would be a good end point in several ways. Currently waiting for news on vol 9.

It's ongoing as far as we know, though vol 8 does seem like it would be a good end point in several ways. Currently waiting for news on vol 9.
While it disturbs me to give psychic energy to this idea, volume 8 has just enough critical content to rationally justify an ending, but I would be sent directly into a Kubler-Ross model grief cycle. A good discussion of the volume 8 spoiler topics are here on reddit: .
And like a cherry on top of a cake made of suffering, it would join the plague of tropey yuri mangas that end the series when the relationship is consummated. Not like this!

While it disturbs me to give psychic energy to this idea, volume 8 has just enough critical content to rationally justify an ending, but I would be sent directly into a Kubler-Ross model grief cycle. A good discussion of the volume 8 spoiler topics are here on reddit: .
And like a cherry on top of a cake made of suffering, it would join the plague of tropey yuri mangas that end the series when the relationship is consummated. Not like this!

Good news! The author offhandedly mentioned in a tweet that the story will continue (I don't have a source saved, sorry).

Users who are viewing this thread