Urasekai Picnic

Ahh thank you for the translation & posting. They left lots of important scene in anime, which somehow it doesnt make sense ( i watch anime first tho 😅) . Glad i found the manga, it much more details and scarier. Love this genre.

and once again, thank you.

Power Uploader
The author, Iori Miyazawa, is a hardcore yuri connoisseur. His yuri consciousness and perception are truly out of this world.
Some snippets from his interview 'Yuri made me human' (yes, he did say that):
I.M.(Iori Miyazawa): I think pairings between a ceiling and a floor are commonly accepted in the BL community, but I haven't seen much of that in yuri. But on the other hand, I think a concept of "yuri of absence" is beginning to form.

R.M.(Rikimaru Mizoguchi , an editor): Yuri of absence.

I.M.: That is, an emotional scenery is already yuri.

R.M.: Right.

R.M.: Wait, what?

I.M.: A cliff is towering over the sea, grass is growing on top of it, there is a fence, the gray ocean and sky are stretching beyond the horizon, there is an empty bench for two... Someone was uploading these images with a "#yuri" tag. You can totally get that.

R.M.: So it's like the cover of chapter 9 of "Otherside Picnic", where the two girls ride on a farming vehicle, and a boundless meadow is around them... You're saying this is yuri.

I.M.: A rusty, decaying vehicle is resting on top of wheel tracks.

I.M.: Then you imagine that one day two girls were there... Isn't that already totally yuri?

R.M.: Right...

I.M.: So a grassland somehow becomes yuri.

R.M.: A grassland, huh.

I.M.: Oh, there's something else I really want to mention, a variation of non-existence yuri — "this music is yuri".

R.M.: Please elaborate.

I.M.: There is this movie called "Sicario" by Denis Villeneuve, released in 2015 (TN: released in Japan as "Borderline"). It's a thrilling masterpiece about the drug war in Mexico. The composer of the movie soundtrack, Jóhann Jóhannsson, passed away this year, and according to one of his interviews, there were two themes in the soundtrack. The sense of dread of two wild beasts glaring and pouncing at each other represents the battle to the death between the illegal police force and the mafia. And the other theme was the melancholy of the border area, two emotional themes. If you listen to the soundtrack with that in mind, you cannot perceive it as anything but "yuri". Though the movie itself is not yuri at all.

R.M.: So if neither the story nor the characters have any yuri, what exactly are you supposed to imagine?

I.M.: Two wild beasts glaring and pouncing at each other. It's yuri, isn't it?

R.M.: I see.

I.M.: And the sentimentality of the border area is also yuri, so I believe this soundtrack is unmistakably yuri, but people don't tend to agree with me on this.

R.M.: Count me not surprised.

@RyanXSD
don't worry dude, no one is offended.

We just wish you quickly got a cure for your inherent shit taste. Poor soul it's painfull I know.

@sastra im sorry if you get triggered but never said this manga is trash I'm still trying to continue chapters 8, It just that the story is kinda confusing and boring since I never really read adventure manga :)

@LTV The (English) publisher's website has links to purchase the the ebooks. There's also an omnibus of vol. 1&2, and one coming of 3&4.
https://j-novel.club/s/otherside-picnic

Edit: Here's the link for the omnibus. https://www.amazon.com/Otherside-Picnic-Omnibus-Light-Novel/dp/1718360789/ref=sr_1_1?dchild=1&qid=1614456581&refinements=p_27%3AIori+Miyazawa&s=books&sr=1-1&text=Iori+Miyazawa

@youdontknowwho
I can pretty say Miyazawa Iori is our man! :)) If I recall correctly, he also have another work (and it's on Mangadex as well) right?

@yurirei If he has something on mangadex, it's not coming up when I search his name. If you're referring to Side by Side Dreamers, the novel is available in English from JNovel, but I don't think it's gotten an adaptation.

The artist does have several other works on Mangadex.

I would like to thank you for almost causing me to crap myself when the letters changed to the other side letters.

I know right?? I remember getting a heart attack when i first saw the letters change some chapters ago

Chapter 37 is now out in Shonen Gangan. The work on the scanlation of chapter 37 has started.

I have been made aware that some pages in chapter 12 were missing. I likely made a mistake when fixing the typesetting before the anime release. It is now fixed. I deeply apologize to everyone who read it like that.

Group Leader
so I'm watching the anime so far and it is 5/10 for me I haven't tried the manga yet but is there difference ?

@Kcjpunk, much difference. I devoured the first 3 novels and I'm hooked up on the manga (have yet to read the 4th novel) but I dropped the animé after like 5 episodes

Users who are viewing this thread