Use a proper user blocking function :rejected:

Most powerful member of the GFG
Staff
Super Moderator
@Hawx88
would need to crawl to a mod with an essay?
That's why they are here, yes.
You don't need to write an essay, just show evidence of harrasment (i.e. Screenshot of a conversation) with the proper description of the background events.

Dex-chan lover
Unless you're a very outspoken and polarizing individual, I doubt cyberbullying will seek you out.
@justforthelulz speaking from experience.
52HUJRk.gif

inb4 we all get reported for cyberbullying OP.

Dex-chan lover
Anyone else questioning why a super-brand-new account on MangaDex is this concerned about blocking and harassment already?
source.gif

I mean how many enemies can you make in the span of 2 days unless of course you know you're gonna make some sometime soon.

Dex-chan lover
aight let's see:

blocking some dude from seeing your post is a big no. not in this kind of forum, since it might cause inconvenience to innocent people.
blocking some dude from starting a thread is.. what the heck? i guess it should be mod's privilege, not user's.
blocking some dude from seeing your profile is something i might support, since one's profile hints one's identity.

and some dude that is blocked shouldn't supposed to be able to send DM to the blockee, i mean what the heck thats creepy

blocking some dude from starting a thread
i never said dat tho... I only said things about seeing and interacting with the blockee. ....blockee sounds kinda cute lol
i mean what the heck thats creepy
@hazzack yeah its too creepy ...
and yeah I'm new here got a problem with it? :D as soon I realised dat the blocked dude still sees my comment I was like wtf? and here i am (。◕‿◕。) /

Dex-chan lover
@Hawx88
Alright, I don't really wanna be that guy (that doubts other people's complaints/hardships when they could actually use help), but...

OP, are you sure that you're not hyperbolizing the severity of the 'harassment' that you are/have been experiencing?

Dudes dudes, dont be to hard on the poor newbie. In my opinion its a pretty good idea, so you have my support mr newbie. I dont know why this isnt implementd yet, if you block someone I assume you dont want to see anything related to that user.

I believe the common word is "exaggerating" but I don't want to add to the fire. :D But I do think its a much needed feature. I know I would use it and so would a lot of people.

Then it would be like :D :
SrJRCRQ.gif

@Granitefish I think it will be a nice feature for the future too. If you block someone that person cant see your post, no? In my opinion its good.

@Granitefish ummmm both.... actually. I mean a 1 way convo would be unfair I think.
Anyways thats about all the time i had for today, thank you everyone for your answer. 😘

Dex-chan lover
Honestly, I prefer the block function on mangadex to other sites because it doesn't limit the block person's options to just go about their business aside from direct messaging the blocked person. Blocking shouldn't be a punishment, but just someone saying "I don't want to see your stuff."

But I'm against blocking people in principle, so whatever.

Staff
Super Moderator
The only person i've blocked was a spam account lol.

Staff
Super Moderator
@justforthelulz
I was a young and ignorant default pfp user, i didn't know better at that time, then i messaged a mod and everything was ok.

Dex-chan lover
well, then. good luck out there op. don't get into problem, now.

Users who are viewing this thread