Useless Ponko - Vol. 6 Ch. 41 - Running Ponko

Dex-chan lover
this ends this little arc, and we'll be going back to a more regular schedule now. we really didn't want you to have to wait weeks for the yuuna's mom thing to resolve. enjoy <3

Fed-Kun's army
Considering how self-serving Ponko is, I can see why no one make her series again

Aggregator gang
"this ends this little arc..."

unironically "yaaaaaaay!"
Karens like her are making my real life depressing enough, I don't need another Karen making this depressing too.

Dex-chan lover
pretty sure "karen" means racist, entitled, privileged white woman. someone who yells at a cashier at a store for making a small mistake, etc.

yuuna's mom isn't a karen, she's just a bad parent.

Banned
@runrin anyone can be a karen, but racism is not a part of it. It's not just white women who are entitled at cashiers or department workers. Thats your racism showing.

Aggregator gang
I always thought the core of "Karen" was more the entitlement mentality they embody than the acts they do. In this case, Yuuna's mom clearly believes she is entitled to the right to run everyone's life as she desires, which is why she replaces Ponko without even the barest consideration of anyone else's feelings and treats her child like an object. To her, Yuuna is just an item of personal property to use as she sees fit. If Yuuna does not perform as desired, she will be beaten (mentally and/or physically) until she does. The same goes of anyone who has the misfortune to encounter her. Her existence entitles her to run the entire world as she sees fit, and anyone who does not perform as desired is clearly wrong and must be punished - which of course she is entitled to do.

Aggregator gang
The realistic way the mom will slap her daughter and drag her away and never come back .

Dex-chan lover
lol, i looked it up because i was curious: https://www.dictionary.com/e/slang/karen/

i think the difference for me will be to see if she does it to people other than yuuna and gen. if she's like that to everybody then i will agree that she's a karen. :p

Dex-chan lover
Keep in mind Ponko is a banned, discontinued autonomous combat robot retrofitted for civilian purposes with an X-Buster in one of her arms. She doesn't have the most reliable sense of safety.

Dex-chan lover
@dsid2814
In addition to the link they posted, the wikipedia page also confirms the term targets middle aged white women. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Karen_(pejorative) You can argue that the term itself is prejudiced, but it's ridiculous to call someone racist just for citing a widely-accepted definition. I'd argue its usage by some users here is a far more niche application since Karens are criticized for how they conduct themselves in public. Something like "helicopter mom" would be more appropriate.

Users who are viewing this thread