Useless Ponko - Vol. 6 Ch. 44 - Ponko and the Autumn Wind

Dex-chan lover
Ponko's sister survives after the death of her owner; I expect that Ponko will as well. She has both Yuuna and a number of townfolk who would want to assume Ponko's contract if that would sustain her.

Ponko's sister survives after the death of her owner; I expect that Ponko will as well. She has both Yuuna and a number of townfolk who would want to assume Ponko's contract if that would sustain her.
We have a pervert want to marry her

I still can't tell which elder is being cared for, Grandpa or Ponko.

Yuuna Yuzu
BTW this whole chapter is symbolising the "autumn" of life, along with a moderate dose of self-discovery
The pacing in this chapter is also contrasted against the previous chapters' rapid montages and energetic action

Dex-chan lover
The ponytail wagging was a cute touch. Like an impatient puppy.

Dex-chan lover
I like how we got a panel of a disturbingly realistic-looking chicken, only for them to be cutie-fied in later panels. It makes me wonder how Ponko would look if she were drawn more realistically. I imagine the constant smiling would be rather eerie. I've been bothered by how, at times, even Gramps can treat her in such a dehumanizing fashion, but maybe the constant "uncanny valley" feeling plays a role.

Well the credits has shown that the feeling is mutual!

I would enter the auction for the scraped 500 yen coin ponko when the time comes. Would be great for a replacement of my bookmarks. 😝

Users who are viewing this thread