Usogui - Vol. 30 Ch. 321 - First Contact, 2nd Time

Thanks for the chapter team duwang. Btw you included the One shot in the second page of this chapter

DQM

It's getting interesting... even though I really want to see Hachina committing the sin of destroying Baku's Pooyan run.

I'm glad the leader's original eeriness is portrayed again, and is a much different beast than what it originally was with all this context.

Fed-Kun's army
this chapter was sad, and judging by the end, it'll only get sadder.
In the last chapter Baku said "Hal, I am feeling extremely lucky now," and in this chapter he says "I am not as lucky as you seem to say." The difference between the situations is that in the first Hal was Baku's ally and in the second he is Baku's enemy. Baku also says "I wonder why... I feel like I won't lose to anyone," in the last chapter. Maybe the support of Hal was what gave him that confidence. And before Baku says he's not lucky he thinks of a time when Kyara said he wasn't Baku's ally. I can't remember exactly, but I think in one of the older chapters Baku says Kaji is like a good-luck charm, or that he's considered lucky, something like that. At the time of surpassing the leader Baku believes he has no true allies, so he feels unlucky.

Also has the other Kakerou member that Baku teamed up with been mentioned before? Maybe they are related to Ideal?

Hal was a big part in Baku getting the qualities needed to play surpassing the leader. Souichi also confirms that the Karamete is one of the conditions needed to play surpassing the leader. How come that wasn't mentioned before? Is the Karamete condition part of the new rules and replaced the old condition that ref number 0 was needed?

When Souichi said Baku had to bet his bonds and connections I was like "but he already lost them." Souichi talking about how Baku needed strong bonds to challenge him is both sad and ironic.

Anyway, poor Hal is going through an identity crisis and needs to chose between his relationship with Baku and his duties as future Kakerou leader, and it seems like he will choose his duties.
I wonder what Hal's complete thought is on page 15. "And then, my father will..." Lose? Die? Kill Baku?

Thanks so much, as always, Team Duwang!

Edit: Also wanted to point out that Baku's shocked expression makes it seem like he did not know that Hal was heir/leader to Kakerou. The planes were prepared before he learned the identity of leader, so I wonder if Baku planned to lose no matter who the leader was.

Dex-chan lover
Baku got his money off of Samemaru, the same guy Kaji faced for his very first personal Kakerou gamble. On top of that, the guy with the cane was implied to be a danger by Souichi's words. It's gotta be Q-taro, right? The things in front of us are happening for a second time indeed.

We've been led to believe that Baku can see through lies, so could that mean he realized Hal was lying to him during that exchange? That may be why he gave Hal the option to leave him and go back to who he was.

Wherever Hal is going at the end of the chapter probably ends with him being knocked out as in page 12, and most likely presumed dead by that point.

Contributor
I've always wondered if at some point Baku was in cahoots with Ideal.

Dex-chan lover
@LuffyKun

It's part of Baku's description of November 23rd, 1998 during the labyrinth match. Basically Hal fucked up his Pooyan run and drugged him and went to a gamble match in his stead. It's in ch. 90. How much of that is actually true, we don't really know.

Double-page supporter
@Ghetsis
About the Kakerou member he's working with, I'm not 100% sure, but I think it's the one from his first kakerou match, the politician from when he first met Kyara. After that match, there was something about 'setting him up as an acquirer'. The translation might be confusing it a bit, but perhaps he "teamed up" with him then?

@ghetsis
If i rightly recall, it was said that karamete is needed as tribute to surpassing the leader challange? But what confused me is, what s the correlation between them (karamete and the challange)? And how that is needed for a challange? What benefite do the karamete has for both sides? Is it the bond that will be taken by kakerou leader if he win refered to the karamete ?

Aggregator gang
@Veshv when you said that Chapter 90 was part of the Labyrinth match, I got confused - we're on chapter 321, was that really so long ago? Sure enough, you were right.

Team Duwang have translated an immense number of chapters this year, good job Team!

Dex-chan lover
Monkey bros. exploited again. I feel bad for them, even if they were assholes.

Chapter 204, the explanation of Karamete, basically has Judge stating that the conditions to surpassing the leader were 50 billion and the Karamete tribute.

Dex-chan lover
As I thought, Baku was not aware of his survival, judging by how surprised he was to see him. Now that we know that the loser will die no matter who it is, it seems likely to me that Baku throws simply to spare Hal/to bring him back, the question is how he knew that Souichi would spare him without his memories, or perhaps he was willing to give up his life for Hal? Also, it seems like Hal's goal really was to become the Leader himself in order to save his father; he thought his father would die if Baku came to play against him, implying Baku would definitely win. We'll see the Pooyan run sabotage soon, as well as Hal's "death". Exciting.

Dex-chan lover
So as i understand, Hal won the surpassing the leader gamble against his dad, just in time for Baku to challenge him? or was he already the leader and he forgot due to the memory lost and was operating under the belief that his dad was still the leader?

Dex-chan lover
@Doomroar
2.5 years passed from when Hal "died" and Usogui attempted StL. We know Tatsuki is alive, so Kakerou isn't passed along the family line through StL matches. It's not likely that Hal, when he met Baku, was Leader of Kakerou, since in the present day Kakerou was freaking out over the missing Leader, and none of that has been shown in the past timeline. However it happened, Hal reverted to Souichi and took over leadership of Kakerou after "dying".

@catx3
What do you make of the second match between the two of them in that case? The man's thoughts seemed to imply they hadn't met each other at all between the two matches. And I don't think Baku would humiliate an ally like he humiliated that guy in the first match. I don't know if he allied himself with someone from Ideal, but I think we haven't met them yet.

Users who are viewing this thread