Usogui - Vol. 37 Ch. 398 - The Maggots Of The 6th Day

Dex-chan lover
That exchange between Manabe and Leader was great. Manabe was sharp enough to discover the secret with one word but then Leader ran circles around him as expected.

I wonder from where the fuck did Lalo got that thing.

Fed-Kun's army
It's scary how in sync Lalo and Baku are. First in the colosseum, then in gaining the outlaws, now in this three kingdom war. But Lalo seems to have the upper hand since his allies arrived. And the Leader and Manabe is walking outside, I wonder if the Leader is working behind the scene again, like when he took over Azura's fortress. I sure he have some plan when he heard that food supplies are low.

Dex-chan lover
I don't really get why are you guys feeling bad over Kyara's corpse. Everything descomposes like that. It's a natural thing. Same happened with Tatsuki and any character that died. It doesn't take away how awesome he was at all.

Dex-chan lover
Nanpou looks so weird on page 13. So this means Midara Damian is part of Shoudo? Nanpou should be Azura, and Kadokura is Tipa. This could imply that Fukurou is within Shoudo, and Midara is assigned to him. That or there's yet another referee on the island at this moment.

Things are about to go to shit, huh. Well, worse than they are already. Can't wait to see Lalo's upcoming allies!

Dex-chan lover
You guys' reaction to Kyara's corpse is exactly the point of Souichi and Manabe's discussion, haha. Don't think it's necessarily bad to see it either way, but I don't think it takes away how badass Kyara was in life until his last moments.

@belkrax That was some top tier interaction between them, did not expect Manabe to be THAT sharp. Souichi is usually VERY good at being vague and dismissive enough in a way that makes people think it's just him being quirky and not due to his memory issues, but Manabe saw through that instantly. Pretty sure that's the first time it's happened with someone who did not already know. But obviously, as you mentioned, Leader still played him like a fiddle, he just can't help not remembering what he doesn't remember, after all. Also a bit of a sad note when he said that his instinct tells him his past is not relevant right now, even though in this case that instinct is partly wrong.

@RapidLord That's also insane to me; even Suteguma and Baku who were on a similar level were not THIS similar in their ways of thinking. Apart from the obvious level of intelligence, I think it also comes down to personality. Lalo and Baku are just fairly similar in their ways of thinking, at least strategically, although I'm sure Lalo is very different from Baku emotionally. Also, I can't buy that Lalo got his hand on communication devices (which makes sense if his army or part of it is already here) and Baku hasn't. How come the outlaws have no communication at all? Maybe due to Arata not letting them get their hands on it, since we've already seen him communicating before.

Since Lalo and Baku are on the same wavelength, I'm pretty sure Souichi is aware of what their plans are, so I'm curious what he's planning since it seems like he's the one with the biggest disadvantage when it comes to illegal force (which is funny since this whole match is about who gets the biggest illegal force, Kakerou).

Dex-chan lover
I'm having trouble imagining why Lalo has to cough so much. Is it just to recreate the motions so he may speak into the device inconspicuously?

So much for watching the fight between the 3 refs, although I suppose this is a gambling manga...

i know this question might not be as relevant as other things but how much further will the batuque batch go? @catx3

Dex-chan lover
Funnily enough, on the topic of them being similar, Baku and Lalo both actually played on a DS in the middle of a discussion scene (ch 113 for Lalo, and 181 for Baku). More a funny note in hindsight than anything serious.

Don't worry guise there's still plenty of ref fights up ahead and also plenty of kyara's rotting corpse.

Double-page supporter
@Sinful_egg
Batuque batch just ended at 47! Also, Usogui will go to 402.
We'll catch up to Batuque raws (relatively) soon.

@Lithe
Yeah, I think you nailed it. At first I thought it was because he was actually sick from being in the water a few chapters ago.

Dex-chan lover
Referee battle royale!? Lets Go!

Oh Lalo had the same plan plus a security net, of course!

Double-page supporter
aww man, don't show me kyara like that

it's really weird to have the refs in battles as players, really takes the impartiality part out of their job doesn't it? they're there to ensure the game plays as the rules have been set up not to play the games :/

it's sad to see kyara like that, but it's a natural part of life :(

Users who are viewing this thread