Usogui - Vol. 45 Ch. 484 - A Four-way Face-off

So looks like Manabe is coming out on top here in the battle of the ref's, particularly interesting as Mitaka already seems to have pulled a fast one on Kadokura, all adds up to there being some Private Funeral teamwork at play here - which makes me wonder do they have some plan to take down kakerou?

Another thing of note is referee Bandai Kaoru and Mitaka's ranking battle, he tried to kill her even at the cost of his own life, which adds up with the above to the Funeral Division folks having an agenda that doesn't align with Kakerou.

@Lie_Eater
The mangas is already at his end. I dont think Manabe and Mitaka are trying to take anything down... Plus Mitake, atm, is just a woman following the flow waiting for her death. she has no greater purpose in life.. The private division isnt that much of a threat. Kakaerou is way too powerfull now.

Dex-chan lover
kadokura's gotten way more screentime during the mmorpg arc, i find it unlikely he's going to just be beaten up by manabe whose been mostly just a background character that likes eggs. It seems more like a chance for kadokura to actually show he's worthy of being the judge for the surpassing the leader match since he's basically been fighting crippled opponents, yakou having his hands broken and douji whose ideology makes him almost a pacifist-like that won't go all out.

Wonder if there'll be any plot twists, the cliche would be yakou still having his hankerchief and joining the fight at the last minute but that seems like it'd be bad writing at this point and almost kinda cowardly.

Double-page supporter
If I had to guess, Manabe is likely using that weird hair on his face to detect the smoke. We've never really gotten an explanation as to what that stuff is.

This is the real showdown; Kadokura beat an injured Yakou and a drugged but generally OK Douji, Midara beat a drugged and never-serious Shion who stopped the fight to skip a rock (and Nowa gave over his cloth), and Mitaka gave Marco her handkerchief without argument.

Aggregator gang
Don't ignore the fact that once Marco realized the winner needs to have their own handkerchief he changed strategy from letting whoever answers his question correctly win. The chapter is loading really slowly so I'm not going to go back and look at the panel, but I think he realized Yakou might still have his.

Dex-chan lover
I also think Manabe might be using the hair on his face to detect it since there was a focus on that.

Dex-chan lover
@BossCrab
In the scope of the story, no. But the hair itself is the result of an unusual diet. At least, that's what I recall being stated in a past comment section.

I don't believe that Yakou has his handkerchief. I'm relatively sure the one that Kadokura took was the one that is recognized as his "Referee" handkerchief, regardless of whatever is on his theorized second one, mostly because we've seen that Hana also has a new one with the same design. They likely received it at the same time, imo.

Dex-chan lover
He just kinda popped out of the smoke to smash Kadokura's hand. I'd wager (and it'd be more interesting to me anyway) that he is somehow genuinely immune, rather than avoiding it with his hair.

MYW

@takoshi

I think Yakou has Kadokura's hankerchief.

Which is why Yakou think's Kadokura will go far, but not all the way lol. I think narratively Kadokura's the star here, so he'll end up the winner. Marco realized what Yakou did because he was watching the fight, so he's fighting my favorite ref, because he'd rather let Yakou fight Kadokura and beat him. That's the only reason fighting Midara makes sense for him.

Users who are viewing this thread