Usotsuki Satsuki wa Shi ga Mieru - Vol. 7 Ch. 61 - Leap

Dex-chan lover
Thank you for the chapter! Komachi is really suspicous maybe she is working withh the President to kill people? Or maybe she is just working by herself to kill the people in school and has something against Satsuki or something. Satsuki is so fucking cool but how did she climb the gym so quickly???

Supporter
What a lively girl 😆

Screenshot-2023-04-06-01-00-41-530-com-chrome-dev.png

Dex-chan lover
No way, is Komachi somehow the mastermind behind all these deaths?
Itou geeking out about insects is kinda cute lol
Likely, not exactly. If you read the author’s other work “Shi ni Aruki,” you see the idea of curses and that the desire to save another’s life at any cost becomes a curse. The cost of that curse being those around them dying. That same idea is also likely in play here. Satsuki desired so heavily to save Komachi that she placed that curse on her. There’s also foreshadowing in Chapter 1 that saving Komachi was the trigger for a worse disaster.

Dex-chan lover
Neat little trivia for the name Komachi.
There is a famous japanese woman from the Heian period called Ono no Komachi;

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ono_no_Komachi

Her story and name has been associated with the concept of death throughout japanese history.

"Komachi's old age is also frequently portrayed: when she has lost her beauty, has been abandoned by her former lovers, and now regrets her life, wandering around as a lonely beggar woman — albeit still appreciated by young admirers of her poetry.[5] This fictional description is influenced by Buddhist thought and there may be no factual resemblance between it and the historical reality. Komachi is also a frequent subject of Buddhist kusōzu paintings, which depict her dead body in successive stages of decay to emphasize transience.[23]"

Various other japanese media have also used the name Komachi in relation to death.

Coincidence? Or did the author choose that name for a reason?

Dex-chan lover
Thank you for your work!
Likely, not exactly. If you read the author’s other work “Shi ni Aruki,” you see the idea of curses and that the desire to save another’s life at any cost becomes a curse. The cost of that curse being those around them dying. That same idea is also likely in play here. Satsuki desired so heavily to save Komachi that she placed that curse on her. There’s also foreshadowing in Chapter 1 that saving Komachi was the trigger for a worse disaster.
It's also worth mentionning that she has been involved as a victim and an observer later, so it's not surprising to see her react to satsuki's actions, i don't think we need to go as far as "she is behind it" just because she is likely curious about satsuki, like the teacher is to some extent

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Neat little trivia for the name Komachi.
There is a famous japanese woman from the Heian period called Ono no Komachi;

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ono_no_Komachi

Her story and name has been associated with the concept of death throughout japanese history.

"Komachi's old age is also frequently portrayed: when she has lost her beauty, has been abandoned by her former lovers, and now regrets her life, wandering around as a lonely beggar woman — albeit still appreciated by young admirers of her poetry.[5] This fictional description is influenced by Buddhist thought and there may be no factual resemblance between it and the historical reality. Komachi is also a frequent subject of Buddhist kusōzu paintings, which depict her dead body in successive stages of decay to emphasize transience.[23]"

Various other japanese media have also used the name Komachi in relation to death.

Coincidence? Or did the author choose that name for a reason?
I feel that the author has put a lot of thought into many small details throughout the story, so I think that it probably was on purpose

Dex-chan lover
I'm at an impasse between Komachi and Akira. I don't know which one I want to be end game anymore. Though Komachi hasn't been featured as much this all started with her. She's as closely tied to Satsuki as Akira even if their relationship isn't as close yet.

Dex-chan lover
The girl in the ending shot is in the cover of the manga, constantly being shown near the people who are near death, never helps Satsuki. It'd be weird if she wasn't also trying to kill students like the class president prick

Users who are viewing this thread