Usotsuki Satsuki wa Shi ga Mieru - Vol. 7 Ch. 67 - Well-Being

Double-page supporter
xZRrPqK.png

Wide Miho

Dex-chan lover
Thank you for the translation! Satsuki needs to go to Akira as soon as these bodies disappear.

Dex-chan lover
Something tells me Seo is gonna try to off the Prez, can't blame her. Hope it works, now that would be a reverse UNO. Some progress would be nice

Group Leader
If I got this right. They are trying to prevent the explosion by having Seo undergo a near-death experience and also catch school president in the process. Like what has been discussed in the recent chapters with cause and effect. But I am suspicions that Komachi is the one trying something funny there regardless of Seochi's outcome.
Prez plans to kill Seo in hopes of that satisfying fate and cancelling the explosion. This means Seo's death is guaranteed to come first. But as soon as Seo is saved Satsuki is also going to have to stop the explosion in her own way.

Since all of Prez's murders so far have been extremely hands-off—manipulating probability to create near total accidents—they have to force him to take direct action, righting the course, if they want to catch him guilty. But Miho is kind of tipping her hand here; the one outlier murder was Miho burning to death, which took some very direct methods manipulating Michiru. Of course Miho knows Seo was behind that one so she has Prez's M.O. figured out. Miho might be the most impressive character with her growth and consistency as the most attentive of the gang.

Anyway, if the manga wants to take a twisted route, Seo/someone will die but the explosion will still be happening, disproving Prez's theory. And there are 2 major wrenches the characters aren't accounting for: Seo's bully victims and Komachi. The former are definitely planning something and could accidentally kill her on top of Prez's attempt, and the latter is just the eternal wild card. If the explosion is the scene from chapter 1, she's almost certainly behind it.

While there's a couple reasons to think we're in the home stretch (chapter 1 and chapter 58 referring to a final storm) I'm not so sure it'll end that abruptly. There's still lots of mysteries and subplots to resolve, and that shouldn't instantly put a stop to the deaths or Satsuki's concerns. To compare it to Ryoko's previous work, Shi ni Aruki, I think the explosion is more like the point the killer was identified. We might get some real answers as to why everyone's dying, but there was still a lengthy arc afterwards and a few chapters of epilogue after that. It doesn't feel like Liar Satsuki is in a hurry to wrap up so hopefully we get the same treatment. At the very least we've got another ~11 chapters for volume 8.

Dex-chan lover
I think Seo is guaranteed to die, maybe we will get her past before she dies?
Class Prez is raising some dying flags, too.

Dex-chan lover
Shiina ain't normal. I think normal people would have a stress-induced breakdown. Shiina on the other hand is some sort of sociopath.
She's objectively a pretty terrible person. She's incredibly self-absorbed, an unrepentant bully, probably a sociopath, and likely trying to get Seo killed all wrapped in a cute, genki package. It's why she's also the most entertaining character. She's so unapologetically awful yet charismatic that you find yourself liking her in spite of yourself.

Dex-chan lover
My smol brain can't really understand the Seo almost-death thing, I'm glad people explain that in the comment.

Dex-chan lover

I been thinking along these lines, it raises so many questions! Ngl, makes me a bit anxious to see what will happen next considering the school president is trying to prevent the mass massacre. How drastic his actions are going to be.

I am of likeminded that Satsuki is going to fail on this one.

Dex-chan lover
Just want to say that I feel personally attacked by creditsuki not having Akira on her mind and having class rep instead. Also after Shi ni Aruki all my hope is gone, the last chapters scarred me for life.

Thanks as always Beltaro <3

Dex-chan lover
I don't think I've ever loved to hate and hated to love a manga character as much as Shiina Miho before. Also glad Akira woke up.

Last edited:
Group Leader
Just want to say that I feel personally attacked by creditsuki not having Akira on her mind and having class rep instead.
I wanted to poke fun at the blossoming love triangle but there's not a lot of good panels to convey that.

Funny how Japanese comments on the chapter seem more concerned that Satsuki has a rival for Akira than everything about to go horribly wrong.

Fed-Kun's army
Man remember the early chapters when we used to ship Satsuki and Komachi... ahh.... those were the days. I'm still ride or die Akira x Satsuki though

Users who are viewing this thread