Usotsuki Satsuki wa Shi ga Mieru - Vol. 8 Ch. 76 - Trigger

Dex-chan lover
Between this and Scary college land campus university estate, i feel like horror writers are in a subpar state. Not all of them, but so many of these newer ones showing such promise just turn into these weird shonen battle mangas where no one aside from the main characters seem to care that people are dying.

Miko, Yuuma, you're our only hopes.

(What other new horror series are there?)

Dex-chan lover
Love the Yuri and all but where the hell are the cops. I know cops are terrible in stories but there was going to be an explosion and the cops aren't even in the area. Thank you for the chapter! Hope to see Akira and Satsuki together more!

Dex-chan lover
Leaping out of an exploding building while holding your girlfriend. Doesn't get much more heroic than that, Satsuki.
That's because she's the Last Action Satsuki
I know I won't make friends by saying this: I don't see the point or importance of having a GL to this story
On one hand sure, romance isn't necessary here, but then on the other that could be said of most fiction that isn't specifically a romance. It's not like in this case (so far) there's anything but "subtext" anyway... or whatever you want to call it. As such easy enough to ignore if you want to.

Dex-chan lover
On one hand sure, romance isn't necessary here, but then on the other that could be said of most fiction that isn't specifically a romance. It's not like in this case (so far) there's anything but "subtext" anyway... or whatever you want to call it. As such easy enough to ignore if you want to.
What i'm saying is, if it didn't have the yuri tag, there would be no difference in the relationship (and the story*) and nobody would notice anyway, as far as i'm concerned, the only reason why i think there is some yuri to the story is because of the tag and nothing else

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Satsuki this chapter:
0001-004.png

Also, god I missed Akira so much.

Last edited:
Double-page supporter
What i'm saying is, if it didn't have the yuri tag, there would be no difference in the relationship (and the story*) and nobody would notice anyway, as far as i'm concerned, the only reason why i think there is some yuri to the story is because of the tag and nothing else
Why add anything to any story? Why have the main character be a girl instead of a guy? Simply because you can and because it’ll appeal more to a specific audience over a general audience.

Dex-chan lover
It's less likely to happen, here. Walk To Death was all about the moral implications to death, dying, and killing, the consequences of them, why you would choose to kill yourself or others, how you respond to the death of others, what deaths matter to you, etc.

Liar Satsuki mostly focuses on the moral implications of saving lives, the reason to choose to keep on living, the potentially negative consequences of lives saved, what happens when you simply don't care about saving lives, how you respond to your own life being saved, what lengths to go to in order to save lives, etc.

It's more likely that the GL is here to create extra weight to some lives being saved, to add new dimensions to decisions about which lives she chooses to save, to heighten the consequences of not saving lives.

This is in contrast to Walk To Death where the GL was there to give a reason both to live and to choose death for yourself.

Dex-chan lover
First few pages: bruh, Satsuki is being suicidal huh…. let this girl get her happiness

Mid pages when they show Akira: oh shiet oh fckgjl… no pls no…. :wtf:
(i was afraid to click to next page)

Few last pages:
Happy Exaggerating Noises
Shiina truly MVP bois :win:

so… how the hell Akira is at school? is it because a certain Komashit tell her that Satsuki is in danger?
and i hope both Satsuki and Akira is fine (and Shiina too)

Dex-chan lover
What was the reason for blowing up gymnasium at that point...? I guess she was sure Satsuki is already out... since there was no reson for her to stay in the building (except depression which kinda doesn't suit her, so she should not suspect Satsuki will be like that).
She just wanted to scare off our-almost-bomber? Show that Satsuki was evacuating people for a reason?
She's probably desperate and just want to blow up someone, based on her reaction at seeing the two on page 12. Probably.

I'm not sure why Satsuki is the first person she had in mind though.

Dex-chan lover
Akira returned, hell yeah!
The author still has some explaining to do. Seo's motives still doesn't make sense. I mean, why does she hate Satsuki so much?

Dex-chan lover
First few pages: bruh, Satsuki is being suicidal huh…. let this girl get her happiness

Mid pages when they show Akira: oh shiet oh fckgjl… no pls no…. :wtf:
(i was afraid to click to next page)

Few last pages:
Happy Exaggerating Noises
Shiina truly MVP bois :win:

so… how the hell Akira is at school? is it because a certain Komashit tell her that Satsuki is in danger?
and i hope both Satsuki and Akira is fine (and Shiina too)
Good theory there with Komachi.

It's highly likely she was the one who lured Akira over to the danger zone in another attempt to break Satsuki's will.

Hopefully Satsuki wakes up to Komachi's plot and make sure Akira gets nowhere near shanking distance to Komachi.

Dex-chan lover
I know I won't make friends by saying this: I don't see the point or importance of having a GL to this story
Anyway
Thank you for your work!
Just like in author's previous story
a) Almost every important character is female
b) MC needs close bond with at least one character, and in manga without focus on romance, so without dates and kisses, there is very little difference between bromance and romance.

For example, in this chapter MC turns suicidal, but the arrival of her best friend/girlfriend saves her emotionally. I don't really see why does this matter - there is romance (or girl bromance if you prefer) because feeling of love is important part of life and strong motivation, just like in so many other stories. Sometimes you can replace that with familial love, or love of your pet (Lassie Come-home)

Dex-chan lover
HAHAHAHAHA this was awesome! Miho pulls a fast one on Seo and unwittingly lets Satsuki pull off a HEROIC Akira save! I didn't even know I needed such catharsis in this manga

Dex-chan lover
It's operated by a smart phone. Presumably there was something you could press on the box that would let you sync it to your phone. And it seems like she didn't turn it off or take it off, but fiddled with the box so it'd be controlled by her phone instead.
Huh, it's a SwitchBot, or a variation on it. I didn't expect to see one of these in a manga. Yep, it's generally used as an remote light switch presser for people who aren't allowed to modify switches or don't know how to modify switches. Or for any of your other button pressing needs.

"Mwahaha! I'm going to prison anyway, so I'll blow up the one person who doesn't hate me, first!! And I'm going to risk my own life to do it > : )

Never mind the fact that I only decided to give up and become evil about 10 minutes ago, actually"

Seriously how tf does Seo's character make even the slightest bit of sense anymore??
Also how did Akira get there so fast?
Did she leave the hospital before prez (get wrecked you stupid Light wannabe lmao) bit the dust or something?

Miho blowing up the building just to be a sassy bitch about it is absolutely amazing, though.
No complaints there.
(except for maybe how she saw this tiny ass box and immediately knew it was central to Seo's plan and also that there weren't, like, idk, two of them)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread