Usotsuki Satsuki wa Shi ga Mieru - Vol. 8 Ch. 76 - Trigger

Dex-chan lover
Emergency Akira successfully deployed. Crisis averted! :win:
Miho really detonated the entire gym just to be able to act smug at Seo's expense huh?
NOW WHERE ARE THE ADULTS?

Dex-chan lover
Miho blowing up the building just to be a sassy bitch about it is absolutely amazing, though.
No complaints there.
(except for maybe how she saw this tiny ass box and immediately knew it was central to Seo's plan and also that there weren't, like, idk, two of them)
A few chapters back she had one of those suspiciously plot-relevant conversations with the sympathetic teacher dude about how turning on a light could detonate explosive gases in the air. I'm guessing that's going to come up later to explain how she figured out the detonation mechanism for the gym bomb. That same conversation also included the teacher telling her that Satsuki was a mess, and clearly somebody must have thought to call in Akira at some point...

Miho's also still got something cooking, 'cause we haven't seen why she shoved a wad of cash into the class rep's hand while Satsuki was shouting at everybody in the gym. She's also one of the only people who's aware that Komachi's the mastermind behind the whole thing, since Seo let that slip while they were together in the classroom.

Anyway, I'm starting to suspect that Shiina Miho is the secret protagonist of the seemingly-final arc, is what I'm saying here. She's out there doing main character shit while Satsuki angsts and mopes.

Dex-chan lover
I think some of you guys need to realize that characters do NOT know everything the reader does. Gee, I wonder if there's a reason why nobody else has found Prez's dead body. Wonder how many people knew that the gym was rigged to explode... Like, these are storytelling basics

Double-page supporter
I think some of you guys need to realize that characters do NOT know everything the reader does. Gee, I wonder if there's a reason why nobody else has found Prez's dead body. Wonder how many people knew that the gym was rigged to explode... Like, these are storytelling basics
It's not about other people not knowing he's dead, it's about those who do doing nothing about it. Miho could have called the police after Seo let her off, and she could've told Sensei that the Prez is dead. VP showed in the gym that, in spite of everything, she had the presence of mind to do sensible things. You would think she'd be the first to inform the staff to go after Seo, they would certainly believe the Vice-President of the StuCo; if it was revenge she's after, she would've tried to kill Seo in the heat of the moment, while Satsuki held her armed hand, for instance. You could argue why Miho wouldn't do conventional things like that. In VP's case, it's sloppy writing. Akira getting there so fast in spite of her injuries (which seem rather downplayed) only adds another insult to the reader's intelligence.

Double-page supporter
had some real shi ni araku flashbacks reading this chapter lmao

Dex-chan lover
Just like in author's previous story
a) Almost every important character is female
b) MC needs close bond with at least one character, and in manga without focus on romance, so without dates and kisses, there is very little difference between bromance and romance.

For example, in this chapter MC turns suicidal, but the arrival of her best friend/girlfriend saves her emotionally. I don't really see why does this matter - there is romance (or girl bromance if you prefer) because feeling of love is important part of life and strong motivation, just like in so many other stories. Sometimes you can replace that with familial love, or love of your pet (Lassie Come-home)
Two girls being close doesn't mean they should be a couple and love in life most of the time isn't romantic

Dex-chan lover
Shiina saving (ish?) the day, Akira being finally back and alive, Satsuki's bridal carry, smile & tears when reunited with Akira. SHIINA'S SMUGNESS.
What a fucking chapter! Thanks a lot for it!

I am still unsure of her obsession with "Uso"-tsuki. What'd she do to you, try and save your life? Wake up author, the last bunch of chapters barely make sense. :meguuusad:

Thank you for update!
It's been pretty clear though. After the Prez clearly planned on killing her despite her faking the memory loss, she basically went fuck it, I'm getting back at this guy. And after she succeeded, there was no going back, and so she just kinda kept going to fuck shit up. She never really liked Satsuki, and since she's a psycho, she wants to see how far Satsuki will take her "save everybody" way of doing things.

It's not about other people not knowing he's dead, it's about those who do doing nothing about it. Miho could have called the police after Seo let her off, and she could've told Sensei that the Prez is dead. VP showed in the gym that, in spite of everything, she had the presence of mind to do sensible things. You would think she'd be the first to inform the staff to go after Seo, they would certainly believe the Vice-President of the StuCo; if it was revenge she's after, she would've tried to kill Seo in the heat of the moment, while Satsuki held her armed hand, for instance. You could argue why Miho wouldn't do conventional things like that. In VP's case, it's sloppy writing. Akira getting there so fast in spite of her injuries (which seem rather downplayed) only adds another insult to the reader's intelligence.
Why do you think that nobody has called the cops? It's only been a short while since the Prez died. We don't know the details behind Akira arriving. She might have left before the Prez died and arrived just now. There's a lot we don't know, and you're making assumptions about how this'll go on. If the author fumbles the explanations, then yes, you'd be right.

Dex-chan lover
Two girls being close doesn't mean they should be a couple and love in life most of the time isn't romantic
In real life most of the time you don't have murderers as well, fiction is usually concentrated on most intense examples. Most of real life friends aren't the kind of besties who will risk their life for you, no question asked. Why is it a problem if they are romantically close in this case?

Most of the people in real life who read this and other manga do have or had romantic partner in their life, or at least a crush, that's what you should compare it. If anything, having true best friend is probably rarer in real life than having a boyfriend or girlfriend, but it doesn't mean fiction shouldn't show us true friendships.

I am still unsure of her obsession with "Uso"-tsuki. What'd she do to you, try and save your life? Wake up author, the last bunch of chapters barely make sense. :meguuusad:

Thank you for update!
Actually true. You know what it feels like? I was a D&D dm, I was doing my own campaign for a gf and my friend group. Eventually I ended up being forced to make sessions every second-third day, and the campaign that was supposed to take half a year/one year, was over in two month. I was passionate initualy, and my plot was almost perfect as I saw it. But I ended up rushing everything,and making everything a conflict, to add at least something to the session. I hate how I made the second part of my story, and I am sure author regrets a little about content that was released lately, but there is nothing you can do. It's his job, he must complete manuscript even if he has no passion or ideas at the moment. So I get that a little

Users who are viewing this thread