Usotsuki Satsuki wa Shi ga Mieru - Vol. 9 Ch. 83 - Future

Dex-chan lover
But non of the 3 sites you just mentioned have abandoned it. Mangadex use girls love which is simply shoujo ai translated to english. Batoto use both yuri and GL, as the tag is straight up yuri(GL). Dynasty Scans have the tag as yuri, but say its also called girls love/shoujo ai as basically the first thing when clicking on the tag.
There's no such thing as Girl's Love is Shoujo Ai translated to english, the japanese  literally uses the term Girl's Love and Boy's Love in English in magazines and such, it's a loanword.

My dude, Shoujo Ai is not Yuri neither GL, never was and never will be, because it's literally related to pedophilia, Shoujo Ai being related to Yuri is just nonsense created by westerners, the japanese  never used it like that, that is a objective fact, it's not without reason that good manga sites never used or abandoned it, if you can't understand or accept that then I don't know what to tell you :nyoron:

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
About Satsuki and her father, is it even really possible to change anything? Like, I know manga can be really dumb with power of friendship, love and so on, with characters forgiving the most absurd and heinous stuff, but as far as he knows Satsuki is a manipulative sociopath who didn't give a single fuck about her own dying morher, it's kinda hard to forgive this kind of stuff.

Now before anyone says anything, yeah the teacher believes Satsuki and Komachi, but he's been witness to a lot of weird coincidences, it's easier for him to believe them, for anyone else she's either a liar or batshit insane, and since her father is a doctor to boot + years believing she willfully left her own mother to die, I don't think he would ever believe her without actual hard proof.

Unfortunately mangas like this that isn't about some evil organization, conspiracies and so on never do the logical stuff of trying to scientifically prove that the characters really have power, just think of all the implications and discoveries if scientists could look into them :finnawoke:

To deal with her father mangaka would either need to handwave years of neglect and magically make him believe her now, or take a completely different direction to give the world undeniable proof that her power is real.

In case you guys didn't read previous comments, this manga never really was GL / Yuri.
Then why the auther drew satsuki blush at akira in bed and make their faces so close that they almost kissed,and made akira jealous of the teacher.
The author describes friendship as romantic love, and then the author's defenders blame readers for misunderstanding. And even if it is friendship, satsuki and akira's friendship is much deeper than with the first girl, and I can't forgive the author for ignoring akira in such a short chapter just because the first girl has a pitiful past.
The author doesn't even describe akira's attitude towards satsuki and komachi's decision to live together. How funny is it that the author doesn't dare draw akira being jealous of komachi like she was jealous of the teacher?

Dex-chan lover
Then why the auther drew satsuki blush at akira in bed and make their faces so close that they almost kissed,and made akira jealous of the teacher.
The author describes friendship as romantic love, and then the author's defenders blame readers for misunderstanding. And even if it is friendship, satsuki and akira's friendship is much deeper than with the first girl, and I can't forgive the author for ignoring akira in such a short chapter just because the first girl has a pitiful past.
The author doesn't even describe akira's attitude towards satsuki and komachi's decision to live together. How funny is it that the author doesn't dare draw akira being jealous of komachi like she was jealous of the teacher?
Pandering and fanservice maybe, either the mangaka didn't want it to go full Yuri and just teased, or they weren't allowed to go all the way.
Fact is it was never tagged or promoted as GL / Yuri, so it was never a expectation for Japanese readers.
Mangadex that got it tagged as Girl's Love for some reason, no clue why when it never was promoted as such.

Also, Komachi was promoted as the main heroine too, so there's that.

You better just accept it dude, we Yuri fans lost once more, Akirobros lost too, unless the extras redeem it by showing actual romance then it's over, this is it, no romance, just gals being pals.
Trying to rationalize it will only make the pain worse, just let it go :meguuusad:

Now if you want to twist yourself into a pretzel and believe this is Yuri then be my guest, I know I'll do what I always do for any manga from non Yuri magazine, have no expectations and or expect the worst, it's safer like that.
Plus when you're already expecting the worst, it only makes a better surprise the rare times it actually goes Yuri, you can only go up when you're already at the bottom of the well.

Pandering and fanservice maybe, either the mangaka didn't want it to go full Yuri and just teased, or they weren't allowed to go all the way.
Fact is it was never tagged or promoted as GL / Yuri, so it was never a expectation for Japanese readers.
Mangadex that got it tagged as Girl's Love for some reason, no clue why when it never was promoted as such.

Also, Komachi was promoted as the main heroine too, so there's that.

You better just accept it dude, we Yuri fans lost once more, Akirobros lost too, unless the extras redeem it by showing actual romance then it's over, this is it, no romance, just gals being pals.
Trying to rationalize it will only make the pain worse, just let it go :meguuusad:

Now if you want to twist yourself into a pretzel and believe this is Yuri then be my guest, I know I'll do what I always do for any manga from non Yuri magazine, have no expectations and or expect the worst, it's safer like that.
Plus when you're already expecting the worst, it only makes a better surprise the rare times it actually goes Yuri, you can only go up when you're already at the bottom of the well.
What I'm trying to say is that the author draws like shit and doesn't take his/her characters or his/her readers seriously.
The manga is a mess from the beginning of the seo's arc, the author uses akira to appease the reader, and then finishes the komachi arc hastily, the author doesn't care about the reader, and I don't want to respect him.

Dex-chan lover
What I'm trying to say is that the author draws like shit and doesn't take his/her characters or his/her readers seriously.
The manga is a mess from the beginning of the seo's arc, the author uses akira to appease the reader, and then finishes the komachi arc hastily, the author doesn't care about the reader, and I don't want to respect him.
I do agree that halfway the writing quality dropped, but I feel you're seeing the mangaka worse than you should, they're just typical average mangaka really.
They're typical mangaka that tried too hard to sound deep and that didn't work pretty well, plus I feel it would have been better if they chose or were allowed to go full Yuri, you could tell in their previous manga too they want to, but I suspect the magazine wouldn't allow it to go full Yuri since romance was never the point of the story.

I honestly hope their next work is actually Yuri, it's clear they want to go there.

Dex-chan lover
Axed and shitty ending?
Good, that means I won‘t start this manga and waste my time. Thanks for the heads up, guys!

After rereading this whole thing it feels so rushed compared to the pace earlier in the series TT
Yuri bait in a GL is crazy too

Dex-chan lover
There's no such thing as Girl's Love is Shoujo Ai translated to english, the japanese  literally uses the term Girl's Love and Boy's Love in English in magazines and such, it's a loanword.

My dude, Shoujo Ai is not Yuri neither GL, never was and never will be, because it's literally related to pedophilia, Shoujo Ai being related to Yuri is just nonsense created by westerners, the japanese  never used it like that, that is a objective fact, it's not without reason that good manga sites never used or abandoned it, if you can't understand or accept that then I don't know what to tell you :nyoron:
Mate, try go to whatever translate website you use, put it as japanese to english or whatever your first language is and type “Shoujo Ai” and see what it translate to... So no matter what you try to argue, it doesnt change the fact that shoujo ai is literally translated to girls love in whatever language you want to translate it to.

Double-page supporter
I definitely feel like there should have at least been a callback to the first chapter.

In the first chapter Satsuki says she's 'going to do a good thing', but that that's only for 'today' and that she doesn't know if it'll be good for the future. Given how she decided to save Komachi, that straightforwardly means that she will continue saving people from whatever nonsense follows Komachi whenever that danger pops up, but that she's acknowledging that this may one day lead to catastrophe, and that she simply doesn't know whether that's the best thing to do overall.

If I'm right (I might not be), I feel like the author maybe should have made that more explicit.

Dex-chan lover
Mate, try go to whatever translate website you use, put it as japanese to english or whatever your first language is and type “Shoujo Ai” and see what it translate to... So no matter what you try to argue, it doesnt change the fact that shoujo ai is literally translated to girls love in whatever language you want to translate it to.
...Do you understand how translation works?

Dex-chan lover
I binged from chapter 36 to here. Good read. Not masterpiece or anything, but good enough that I might reread later.

Dex-chan lover
so wait, what is even the teacher point ?
If you kill Hitler then World War II doesn't happen. World War II was traumatic and horrible but that trauma and horror brought about the current era of relative world peace and international cooperation. Therefore, killing Hitler would be wrong because World War II and the Holocaust were an unfortunate but necessary step in society's evolution. Which means that the girl whose very existence causes death shouldn't die because some times poisons can be used to make medicines even though that does't really make sense with Komachi's existence basically rotting everything around her.

I’m honestly confused about this ending it is very abrupt like others said more than that, it was much more to explore are we forgetting about Akira and her situation? Like what’s happening. I can’t say I’m happy with this at all but there has to be no other explanation than this getting axed which is unfortunate

Users who are viewing this thread