Uzaki-chan wa Asobitai! - Vol. 6 Ch. 60 - Kouhai and a Day Without Senpai

Contributor
All the thirsting over his mom aside, having a natural conception at 48/49 is pretty damn impressive.

@Frozeneye

There is no point getting outraged about a fictional character, sure.

But there is every point getting outraged about shitty writing or a shitty storyline.

For example, you can hate Ramsay Bolton from GoT all you like, but can still admit that he was a well written psychopath and the world reacted accordingly to him. You can hate Charlie from Two and a half Men, because of how selfish he is and how he treats everyone around him, but his antics are still funny and fit into the storyline of each episode.

The dad, however, does not fit into the storyline of a silly romantic comedy at all. It seems like a poor retcon along the lines of: "I wann introduce his family, and they should be close by, so both families can meet later. But, whoops, why would he never visit his family? Let's just make the dad a sex crazed maniac and try to sell it as a joke. Also give him a baby sister to set up a joke later."

It is Prison School all over again: Funny jokes, but shit overall story. At least the art in Prison School was good.

Dex-chan lover
@Myorn
I mean, I'd argue that there's also no point in getting outraged about shitty writing or a shitty storyline either, but that's kinda missing your point.

I can see your point of the whole way his family is written to be just an easy way to write the matter off. And that's probably true for this author. But I do think that characters like this and these kinds of circumstances aren't unrealistic and showing them in manga is a rare occurance. It's just a pity it will probably not be eloborated on in a serious manner due to the nature of this manga.

Dex-chan lover
What the fuck, scumbag Dad?!!!
But honestly, having a child at 50 when you already have an adult child? Gotta give it to both SakuMom and SakuDad for their courage.

Gotta agree this shitty dad plot totally came out of left field..
It's like haha uzaki being uzaki shenanigans then BAMM! mc has now a little sister and a shitty dad

I think the only bad thing his dad do is be an idiot that don't tell his son he has a sister. Obviously he want to have sex with his wife lol.

Fed-Kun's army
@Myorn Except that prison school was kinda shit from the beginning. You could pretty much tell from the first couple of chapters what the tone of the rest of the manga would be like, whereas in this manga no one really had any major complaints aside from the introduction of this one character, who happens to be a side character that is likely to fade into obscurity again very soon after the MC goes back to his apartment.

The author making a potential blunder with a some side characters really isn't important enough to get that worked up about. If you don't like the dad that's fine. His bearing on the rest of the story is probably minimal and some characters aren't written so that you love to hate them, sometimes you just hate them.

Dex-chan lover
Dude...Sakurai's mom close to 50 and she still looks as young as women in 30's.
And even still manage to have kids. Didn't women around that age started to get menopause? 😅

Dex-chan lover
inb4 the moms meet and Sakurai's mom brings the little sister. She hands the baby to Sakurai saying, "Here's the little one" or something vague like that. Uzaki's mom then thinks that Sakurai's mom is his wife and they have a young baby together and goes off on another delusion.

Dex-chan lover
I fucking want to murder that guy so much that it’s unreal, YOU HAVE ONLY ONE SON AND YOU LITERALLY DID NOT CALL HIM TO WARN HIM THAT HIS MOTHER IS PREGNANT, THEN FOR A WHOLE YEAR YOU STILL DO NOT CONTACT HIM AND THEN, YOU FINALLY DO IT BECAUSE YOUR WIFE IS (RIGHTFULLY) SAD AFTER TWO YEARS OF NOT SEEING HER SON

I HATE HIM SO MUCH

Users who are viewing this thread