Uzaki-chan wa Asobitai! - Vol. 6 Ch. 61 - Kouhai and a Story from a Little While Back

Nep

Dex-chan lover
@SuperOniichan not sure about English culture in general because im not from a Western country.

Asian culture, or at least wherever-I-live culture (Its malaysia, we have mixed race and cultures that can vary even between families), kind of. It's less "wrong to criticise" and more "What right do you have to criticize me?".

If you are inferior, pretty much this word for word.
If you are superior then the reply would be "Then do it yourself since you are so great."
If you are a teacher telling a student's parents about their weak subjects then it is "Its your job to make it better."
If you are a student telling a teacher that their teaching is too fast and crappy then it is "Go self study then! I need to finish the syllabus"

This naturally doesn't apply to just "criticism". I tried encouraging a friend to do simple addition (something like 111 + 112)without the aid of a calculator (after he asked me for one) because it would be beneficial for him and I got lashed at for my troubles.

Go to a famous hawker (not all of them) and ask for a plate of food without chilli and he will tell you "Then don't eat!"

and if you criticize a poltician, you go to jail
So...
bfdf002db44c43f679fa0ada04d25c9a.jpg

Dex-chan lover
They both were so cool and attractive at school - and now, when they grown up - they both looks lame, imho)))

Dex-chan lover
@Esper Well, that's about the same as most insults in Russian. Much of this is homophobic, demeaning, or vulgar, but in context will often be perceived as simply emotional amplification of speech. Interestingly, as far as I understand, the situation with the word cunt is different and in English it is much more rude than in Russian.

@Nep In Russian culture, criticism itself is not considered harsh, so I was surprised that in most cases, when I criticized Western people, it was perceived as extreme rudeness and insult. In Russia, if you do not try to use criticism to say that a person is an asshole or mediocrity, this will not be considered rude.

Fed-Kun's army
Can we appreciate how cute shinichi little sis is? She look like uzaki but more quiet

Fed-Kun's army
ahh.....that's explains how his body is so well built even in junior high...he's the son of a dojo owner basically trained ever since he was a kid (not sure if they actually mention it...i already forgot lol)

Dex-chan lover
Oh boy I can already tell there's gonna be a big misunderstanding with the baby picture XD

Aggregator gang
Now I get to who his dad reminds me, he looks like Hatsumi Sen aka "The Floating Cloud" from Kengan Ashura.

Dex-chan lover
Some considerations:
Uzaki was much cuter with longer hair
Sakurai has still to realize how dangerous are those pictures when Uzaki will see them without been told the context
I'm waiting for the author to reveal that the whole reason Sakurai has no friends is because since he was a kid he spent all his time training to become a hero to defeat the demon king and the series to go full battle shounen. Or at least get a Tomo chan crossover.

Users who are viewing this thread