Vampeerz - Vol. 5 Ch. 20 - Hiking

Dex-chan lover
Seifuku no Vampiress Lord got brutally fucking axed, but this shit keeps going and going? There's no justice in this world.

Double-page supporter
@Trevoga
You must remember we are talking about manga, that is a Japanese product made by Japanese people for Japanese people, so the opinion of a gaijin does matter a shit for them. Also, if you have the decency to look around before talking you will see this manga is being really well received by the Japanese yuri audience, for example:

-Fifth place on Yurinavi Yuri Manga Award 2020*
-19th place on Yurinavi 4th Yuri Manga General Election**

* Award featuring new series with three or less volumes and with at least a volume published on 2019. Vampeerz did only have its first two volumes published when the voting was open for that award.
**Award featuring all yuri series with at least a single volume published.

It has also got a good amount of color cover pages, magazines covers and even a special photobook booklet on the seinen manga magazine Monthly Sunday GX, so it seems it is also popular on its own magazine, so no need to worry for the axe at the moment. Plus this series has already been licensed on several languages on several countries so it is not only popular on the scanlation community, it has also caught the attention of foreign publishers.

Double-page supporter
@Cyro11
@Alhazred23
@Cornonthekopp

Reminder that Arabic is spoken to varying degrees from Morocco to the SE Asian archipelago. More to the point the sword in the flashback is some relative of the kopis of Classical Antiquity, a weapon type which in slightly different forms and (probably) from different origins was widely used from Spain and Morocco to NW India, where it was introduced by the Achaemenid Persians and later the eastern Hellenistic successor kingdoms (the last Indo-Greek kingdom in northern Indus valley lasted until around 10 CE), which lets us roughly ballpark the timeframe of that scene if nothing else as that that particular sword pattern faded away sometime after the Hellenistic period.

It also tells us Khara is *at least* about two millenia old; while that may be spring chicken compared to Aria (who casually references the "first civilisations" of Mesopotamia like she was there) it's still a very great amount of time for her to have wandered all over. The simplest scenario based on presently available information is merely that the encounter happened somewhere in the Arabic-speaking parts of the Middle East sometime when such swords were still widely used, most likely the Achaemenid or Hellenistic period in or near the intensely trafficked "Fertile Crescent" from Mesopotamia to the Levant. No shortage of rank deserts and troubled times in which a traveler might get shanked by bandits or marauders or whatnots, there.

There's something really cute about the crow not realizing to be human and instinctively flapping arms trying to "fly".

Dex-chan lover
@Trevoga Seifuku no Vampiress Lord? Really? No, sorry. I really wanted to like that manga. I love yuri, I enjoy vampire comedies, and I was enthusiastic to see another manga by the person who did "Prunus Girl" which I really liked even though I'm not generally into trap stuff. And yet it mostly felt empty. There were some very pretty girls, but they had a lot of same-face syndrome going and very little personality. There were some good gags with the track suit guy, but that's about it. Nobody had enough of a life to make a good slice-of-life, and not enough was happening to make much of a plot. The manga lacked personality . . . it's a pity, but ultimately I gotta say it deserved the axe. Mangaka was either phoning it in, never "clicked" with the characters, or ended up spending every ounce of energy drawing those pretty outfits.
This is way funnier, has far more going on, sexier when it goes there, and has a couple of interesting characters.

@RNDM1 That's quite interesting.

Supporter
Oh no, I hope everything will be ok. I am so looking forward to the next chapter. Thank you for all the ahrd work n getting this chapter to us

Fed-Kun's army
i like how the author draw some realistic millenial scenes here..like when youre asleep in the bus and your friend takes a photo of you..feels real..

anyway,thanks for the dark chap

Fed-Kun's army
If this manga doesn't end with the gang chilling in the woods at the countryside with no problems and just enjoying their relationships imma be mad P-P

Thank you so much for the chapter 💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖

So the crow is (hopefully not) dead now this Manga is actually getting serious.

Thanks for the chapter😣😣😣

Users who are viewing this thread