Villainess Level 99 ~I May Be the Hidden Boss but I'm Not the Demon Lord~ - Vol. 1 Ch. 5

Fed-Kun's army
I think we've mistranslated her name. I think its not Eumellia Dolkness

It should be Eumellia DORKness

Double-page supporter
Based on the content of the spoilers in this thread, I'm not sure whether I want to keep reading. That's unfortunate.

Fed-Kun's army
i read it on syosetu

and to the people complaing about the prince announcing that the demon lord is going to revive he didn't really have much of a choice when alicia started accusing the mc of being the demon lord he was just stopping the problems it would bring

Honestly, I'm very glad that the manga gives a justified reason for the heroine's fear of MC. Novel heroine was just inexplicably against the MC for no specific reason, which annoyed a lot of readers. It made it very hard to believe how the idiot capture targets actually came to like her.
The heroine being a genuinely nice person when not around the MC is already an improvement over the one-dimensional superstitious selfish brat from the novels.

In the eyes of a superstitious commoner, a black, hazy blob of scariness and power would probably look like a "demon lord".

The heroine being a genuinely nice person from the start when the MC isn't around gives me hope that MAYBE, JUST MAYBE, the manga will deviate from the web novel's version and the heroine and other 2 idiots will get some redemption and perhaps won't turn out the way they did in the novel.
She straight up tries to murder MC at the Demon King's castle BEFORE they've even fought the final boss (MC survives because she logically wore a protection amulet into combat instead of her usual growth amulet.) because she is a "dangerous person", and the other 2 idiots back her up out of jealousy. (The Prince had redeemed himself by this point with a genuine apology, so he sided with MC.) The conflict ruins their element of surprise and alerts the real "demon king" to their presence, and he surprise attacks them, instantly killing the mage and knight idiots (why did they even exist?) and taking the "heroine" hostage. He offers to spare one of 3 at the cost of the other 2's destruction: the "heroine", the Prince that still loves her, or the kingdom's people. She (unsurprisingly hypocritically) picks herself and is unsurprisingly killed anyway.

@tuatara1

The manga seems like it's starting to deviate from the novels somewhat. Heroine is explicitly described as a genuinely nice person (when Mc isn't around), which is a major improvement over the one-dimensional racist brat we get from the novels. (I say "racist" because people with dark hair are treated like a separate race in the kingdom for plot-related reasons.) We also get a justifiable reason for the Heroine's fear of MC, which stems from MC's aura and power rather than the stigma regarding her black hair.

To a superstitious commoner, a black, hazy blob of scariness and power would certainly look "evil", after all.

While the Prince is still somewhat cautious of MC, he realized earlier on that Mc cannot be the Demon Lord (because said entity is both Male and a pre-existing entity), and he clarifies that to the Heroine early on as well.

Fingers crossed, but this manga MIGHT end up better than the novels as long as the artists correct the overwhelming stupidity and lack of character depth that had so many novel readers cringing constantly in the comment section.

Code:
Mod Note: Please use spoiler tags when talking about chapter-specific or future events.

If I was Eumiella, I would gladly become the demon lord in exchange of killing those princes. Goddamn

The old headmaster got replaced lmao 😂 This is hilarious, I hope we get to hear what happened to him. The new headmaster looks suspicious af, but I hope he'll be an interesting character and not another one of the fearful masses. (Am I the only one who thinks he looks hot tho?)

Also, now I just want someone to edit this manga and replace MC with the black fog in every panel 😂😂😂

Eumilla will join party to defeat demon lord.. Alice will die..Black hair discrimination gone.. Demon lord revive and you know who? Its alice.. She will return to kingdom and suprise everyone.. She try to have Eumillia fiance Patrick.. Alice will manipulate everyone who near Eumillia but Eumillia remember rute from game she can have another element and its light element.. You can read it in but you need google translate because is still raw https://ncode.syosetu.com/n0284ev/

Double-page supporter
So, the manga actually makes the heroine likable or lets say, her behaviour is understandable? Basically the last third of the manga didnt happen in the WL.

Major spoiler about later WL chapters:

Heroine backstabs the female MC when they go hunting for the "Demon Lord", MC survives, but in the end heroine gets killed by the DL.

I wonder, if the manga actually goes that route, or the story alternates completely. By now I prefer the manga, which isnt mostly the case, because too much is left out.

Contributor
Thank you for your hard work!

Yup, as I thought: the manga follows a slightly different plot (probably that of the LN's rather than the WN's). Thank goodness the prince is more rational… Alicia is dumb as ever but way more likeable (the other two are the same as always).

@yuthaa
Please try re-reading… you got some very important facts wrong. Rather, almost all of those are wrong — the perils of block MTL (unless the LN has a completely different plot from the WN). To correct:
Alicia gets killed by the Demon Lord, who is actually one of Eumelia's ancestors or a close relative of her ancestors (his phrasing leaves their actual relationship as murky as ever). Patrick doesn't become Eumelia's fiancé until the second arc (they are de facto engaged just before that battle, but that isn't known beyond themselves at that point), and Alicia is dead by then — as well as Will and Oz — courtesy of the Demon Lord. Nothing about light magic is mentioned for the rest of the arc (and the discrimination thing doesn't get cleared up immediately either). You might be thinking of the parallel universe in the third arc, but I can't confirm any of that (I couldn't bear reading that much block MTL, so I haven't gotten beyond the summary for that one).
You should try using the Novel Updates link, it leads to decent translations of the WN (only a few minor facts were actually blurred in it, so…).

Not the classmate pullling this meme 😂😂😭😭😭:

EOiQeWRUUAAM_uP.jpg

Dex-chan lover
@PhoenixStriker5251

If he's on the Queen's side, then its double-edged. The agreement between Eumellia and the Queen said that "She'll help with the defeat of the Demon Lord, and she'll be given better treatment."

He's monitoring her and making sure she's kept on track.

Dex-chan lover
Lmao, her sharing her suicide level strats and being scorned for it is pretty funny.

It's honestly the best way I've heard it justified in a story, honestly, stuff like there being defensive charms but you can't use them at the same time, which gives a reason for many who'd want power to not actively chase it efficiently.

Though I'm sure there'd be some others like her in that world who'd risk their life readily to level up out there.

Dex-chan lover
"Reference to Lord Voldemort"
You talking about Tom?

This is so stupid. She is already the most powerful existence in that world why is she lowering herself instead of imposing her will? Makes no sense.
She should have refused to take those 3 stooges as party members and then refused to participate if they were to be forced on her, it is not like they could force her to do anything.
Then that idiot of a prince release a state secret to the public without thinking twice because he is an imbecile and instead of reporting to the King or Queen she is going to reward them.

I really hate when these authors throw what otherwise could be an amazing story with shit like that.

Great translation though.
Thnx for the release!!!

@yuthaa Um... No. That's not what happens at all. I actually read it in Japanese. I'm assuming you completely misinterpreted the third volume of the WN due to the shit tier machine translation. Here's what actually happens (summarised):

The gods of light and dark from her current world get in contact with her due to some circumstances. She learns that to get over the level 99 cap she has to kill another version of herself from a parallel world and absorb her power.

Meanwhile, in a parallel world another Eumiela destroyed the world under the guidance of a god from somewhere else, who is actually a rank higher than the "standard" gods like light and dark. A so called evil god.

Turns out, it was this god who reincarnated the MC. He ultimately wants to create a powerful subordinate, so he teaches the unusual methods for levelling up here learnt from the MC to the Eumiela of another world, who ends up killing everyone there. Now the god teleports her to the world of the MC so she can kill her and become his subordinate in a quest to travel up the branches of the worlds to reach higher.

But, the world destroyer Eumiela has her own plans. After spending some time with the MC, she contemplates how differently their lives have gone. After a while, the evil god gets tired of waiting and appears before them. This time he tries to get the MC to be his subordinate, since she is somehow more powerful than the world destroyer Eumiela.

But she refuses. They fight. Huge disadvantage, but barely hanging. The world destroyer Eumiela helps to fight the evil god, but it's still not enough. Finally, when the MC launches her insta-kill magic once more and can't cancel it, the world destroyer Eumiela jumps into it willingly with a smile.

The MC didn't want this. She didn't want it, but the level cap was unlocked regardless. She transcends level 99 due to the fact that she had accumulated way more power than her level allowed, but now without the cap, that power could finally go to her. She defeats the evil god. The end.

Almost. She hates how the other Eumiela died, so she goes to her world and uses the previously acquired elixir potions, which are actually time rewind potions, along with all her power to turn the world back before the other Eumiela destroyed it, reviving her in the process.

The other Eumiela promises to be better at everything than the MC, and the MC goes back. And then later on the MC visits the other world again, to find that the other Eumiela is now a world class saint ruling her own country with countless suitors trying to marry her.

Dex-chan lover
You can't convince anime npcs no matter what you say. On the internet as well.

She should just quit school and become an adventurer, maybe build a mafia I guess

Users who are viewing this thread