Villains Are Destined to Die - Vol. 1 Ch. 16

Fed-Kun's army
I know that people are saying that she had a “misunderstanding” in her past life with her family, but how is it a misunderstanding when they laid it out plain and simple? Didn’t they say something around, “We don’t need you in this house,” or some shit like that? They bullied her and put her down, and now they’re concerned about who beats her up? Yeah, no. I can understand where she comes from, and why she broke down. In my eyes, it’s better to be ignored than to be put down by people you hope will show you some love.

Double-page supporter
I'm confused. I hope there will be an explanation for how the families seem to be acting so bipolar. They always put MC down and talk like she's useless, both as the villainess and as a person in real life. But when she's actually physically harmed they act like they have always cared. Is it to lampshade a lot of unfortunate family dynamics in many Asian countries?
I understand that in a lot of super traditional Asian family units, verbal abuse is not seen as "abuse". Even sometimes physical abuse is considered normal "discipline" by older generation. My parents have some nasty stories about their parents.

Dex-chan lover
What even is her family. Both of them. Acting like she's an object. They neglect her, verbally abuse her, disregard her personality, and only act up when someone ELSE hurts her??? No. Poor penelope isnt misunderstanding anything. The bastards, if you only show you care when someone else threatens her wellbeing, thats not care. You just dont want someone else putting their hands on your plaything.

@d_a_renoir when I read it, I think the brothers are very offended by the fact their 'little sister' got abused by any other people but them. I think her family in real life is famous/influencial similar to her in-game family, the Eckart. So, it's like only 'I can abuse you'.

I think we could get on a cruise ship and go on a voyage across the sea of our own tears thanks to this story.

Dex-chan lover
@d_a_renoir its a soto uchi thing (which is a japanese concept but also applies in other countries which apply neo-confucianism) basically inside of the family she is the lowest of the low and they can bully her because at a personal level they dislike her etc etc, but when you move to outside the family then anything that someone outside the family is doing to her reflects not just on how they see her, but on how they see and interact with her family... its complicated

I didn't notice the first time I read, but she called Derrick brother :eek:
I thought she swore not to
Hmmm

Wow this story is really my cup of angst tea

@SugarArirang
she only calls him "brother" in front of other people so as to not cause suspicion. since it'd be weird from an outsiders' view someone called their sibling "young master" 𖠋𖠋𖠋

ohhh please stay strong our MC T_T it's must be so hard for you to struggle so much with these bastards.... please hang in there for a little longer :(

Okay I felt those last three words too hard. I teared up.

Users who are viewing this thread