Villains Are Destined to Die - Vol. 1 Ch. 24

why are the chapters so shooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooorttt?!!! uuuuuuuuuuuuuggggggggghhhhhhh

The reason why I love reading spoilers is to save my heart from disappointments and to avoid getting attached to some characters.

Anyway, protect your master, Iklies!

She really paid even MORE MONEY for some shabby clothes off that dude's back???? AFTER ALREADY WASTING 100 MILLION GOLD ON THESE TRAFFICKERS??????? Her only saving grace is that she is literally trapped in a fcked up game where all kinds of bs happens on the regular....

....does this story get better? I'll stick around in hopes that the baseless bs doesn't overpower the potential it started out with.

Dex-chan lover
@QueenKumQuat I think the point of her buying the clothes was more to show Iklies how much she values him, and that she wants to treat him as a human, rather than as a piece of merchandise
I wish that the panel of him grabbing the guy's wrist showed his favorability rating above his head

@QueenKumQuat Me and my poor, impoverished self sees all these figures getting thrown around and I'm just like, 'What's the point here. This girl is clearly dumb. Bankrupting her family like that? Am I supposed to be impressed?' then I realise it must be a rich people problem I'm too poor to understand.

@blooddreams Wouldn't the slave selling dudes addressing the cheque to her father be bad for her though? This isn't a small amount of money. This is a billion. He would definitely know. He may be dirt poor after this. I think I'm upset about a fictional amount of money in a fictional story being irresponsibly used by fictional characters here. I know she's flexing so slave boy is impressed but really? All that for someone who may not necessarily like her back? Makes her seem like a huge simp...that has no regard for money. Did I mention that it was a billion out of her family's bank and into slaver owners? A BILLION. Is this even a noble cause?

@Volttekka
Throwing money around is a sign of power, not of care or compassion. She planned to bet high out of desperation for HER OWN LIFE, not to save him but to save herself. She may show him or tell him that she cares for him as a human later on, but nothing she told him says "I care about your well-being". Threats and other language solidifying your high status (OWNERSHIP) over someone ISN'T showing them kindness and that you care. Like I said, maybe the kindness will come later, but right now she DOES NOT VALUE HIM AS A PERSON. She only values his capability, what he can do for her. Sounds like merchandise to me.

And at this point, if the kindness does come later, I'd go on a limb and say its because she was happy that he performed well (as intended), or because she's still trying to get his guard down and would like to cozy up to him and manipulate him to want to protect her.

EDIT: Also, clothing him and breaking his chains is a calculated move. Stepping in front of him and pretending to shield him is a calculated move (and she even says so).
Her family is going to find her bill eventually, but if her brothers find her with a shirtless, whipped man in chains... possible Death Flag. She had to clothe him to not stick out. And she can make up a story about finding on the street or something.
Taking a chance by shielding him was not because she truly wanted to protect him from harm, she needed him to THINK that she was that kind of person, in order to raise favorability. Honestly, this is the part of her that I actually respect. Those were actually smart moves. Just spending all that money, funding traffickers (and excessively at that!!!!), and having such a HUGE bill being sent home when she JUST overcame the extreme hostility..... DUMB. Very, VERY dumb.

It's that moment where you say: the balance is unlimited...

haha...
My sweet Eckard daughter, you are playing with fire. If you chose his route for your safety, it'll bite you back the minute the story scenario ends.

How is she gonna explain herself to the rest of the family... 100M is not a paltry sum and she was only JUST starting to get off thin ice with them

Double-page supporter
*reads spoiler replies* Of fricking course. It's a manhwa, why should I expect anything else, pffft
In all the villainess reincarnation manhwa I read before this, the ML is the prince. No matter how many other ML candidates are introduced. Or if the prince killed her in the past life. I don't read that many manhwas, so there's probably manhwas with different routes out there but FFFF... the ones I did see is always the prince

@RubyG8396 Not really. Most rich people in the past had different sources of income, majority being investments that’ll keep on paying without them having to do much. That’s how the rich stayed rich.

Her father is a duke. 100 million gold would probably be 1-3 months of income to him or she wouldn’t have been able to acquire it in the first place. At most her father may be angry at her for spending that much money on one slave rather than something else.

I also don’t think slavery wouldn’t be seen as taboo or illegal to the rich but rather as distasteful for someone like her to participate in.

so like where are the brothers at lmao

i wonder how she'll explain about the 100M and ikles at the same time

For people who don't like the crown prince, i assure you that he is actually gonna be the nicest among the male leads. I too couldn't believe it myself when I first read it. But trust me, as you learn of his upbringing, learn about how his case is like a parallel to Penelope's and learn how he is as a character, you're so gonna fall for him. I know I am lmao.

Users who are viewing this thread