Villains Are Destined to Die - Vol. 1 Ch. 26

this have been a perfect story if not for the reincarnation theme.
The fact that the brothers only care for the "Penelope" that they wanted (cuz dey forced her to be like this) is bothering me.
I would be real mad if this girl forgives them on behalf of the original Penelope. But at the same time I think a person should be appreciated for putting in the effort to be a better person.

Thanks For Your Hard Work!!!! ♡♡♡ Can't Wait For More!!!!! ♡♡♡ And Stay Safe!!!!☆

wahh I wish they put in the excuse from the novel translation that they never let her go out before so approval was almost inevitable
the reaction of the dad in the novel would've been satisfying to see
Anyway great chapter as always! <3

Group Leader
She didn't guilt trip them enough like in novel. Sad, I was waiting to see it.

Double-page supporter
See, this is why I'm confused. The way her family is acting... They definitely care for her. But she's acting like they never did. I am CONFUSION.

Thanks for the update!

I am now neutral to Derrick and the duke. Congrats to them lol for making it past the "meh" stage.
Of course, they still have to answer to their previous actions. And honestly change their ways.
But I can see they're now trying at least.
Now only pinkhair brother is in the negatives for me.

@Suzyyy I don't think it's to that extent. Maybe in the future, yes, we never know, but right now I think Derrick just wants to be acknowledged as a brother. And maybe he gets annoyed because Penelope isn't consistent in what she calls him and/or there's still underlying distance in her tone.

@WeeabooReview Well, in the game her family never did care for her, so many of the death endings were by her family's hand. By not following the predetermined game script, they are actually coming to care for her, but she's still too in fear for her life to fully understand that.

She's so focused on getting out alive that she's not focused on how everyone has changed from how they were in the game.

@Air203776 I think it's a little of both. I think it doesn't compute to them that she would want to leave because she knows (as a poor orphan) just how harsh and unjust the world is. In their heads, it would make no sense for her to leave the lap of luxury to go back to being a nobody.

At the same time, look at how they keep saying "You're an Ekhart!" It could be taken as "You are part of this family!," but the timing of when they say it usually comes off more like "You are property of this family!" It has a feeling of "You can't kick this dog. Only I can kick this dog!" (and then getting confused when the dog wants to run away XD).

Personally im fine with their attitude now, in fact the FL should be relieved for her life that her family actually cares, now the only problem is that MC from original story (forgot her name). The father, the black and pink brothers are just okay. They definitely not the choice for FL as pair, but at least they are tolerable.

Dex-chan lover
It's kind of infuriating seeing them care so much when they knowingly(knew she wasn't treated fairly or thought well of, tho as we seen in the beginning didn't know the exact extent of the severity, and seemingly didn't care until they stumble upon it. While also getting angry at her any time she reacts non passively towards abuse) let her be subjected to countless wrongs and abuses since she was what... 6?and she's like... 15-16 now? Bit too late to want her to trust you guys.

@aodpds711 care to share how she guilt tripped them? Honestly feels like they're getting off pretty lightly in this comic...

I am so confused. Is this game mechanics? Is that why they suddenly care about her?
Or was it her behaviour in the last few days?

derrick is such a dick in the novel so I'm hoping he's a lot better in the manhwa

@Binary10011 I've only read half of the novel but I'm pretty sure it's her attitude. Once she made good decisions, the people started looking at her differently. Plus, since she wants to survive, her choices are ultimately the ones that increase their interest/affection

Duke always care about Penelope. It is just old Penelope wasn't exactly a good person to begin with so it was difficult for both sides to co-exist.

Derrick doesn't care about Penelope. He lusts over her, so just ignore him.

Duke is the only person that actually cares and actually protecting and spoil current Penelope to the max.

@Xevin Ah yes. He cares so much that he doesn't hesitate to do fucking nothing when she gets abused or when she gets killed, but go off I guess

@papperless there's so much wrong with your comment that I don't know where to start

Naughty daughter sneaks out of house to party all night, worries family to death, and brings home a freeloader boyfriend #badplotsummaries

Users who are viewing this thread